What Vet QB do we think best 2023 fit

SouthernJet

I was told to resubmit this topic many weeks ago if I took a word out. so here goes

OK, so no Zach in 2023 with this wildcard capable team.

Cant afford to draft a QB high enough to start as that means bad record during initial phase until they get better or show they cant lead a RB on a dumpoff pass out of backfield LOL.

Bellys 2nd half gameplan to knock Garrett down at LOS was a insult to Jets cause he said "your QB cant get to his 2nd read without panic and curlyQ spin move and run 15 yards backwards". He moved up in pocket (like you are supposed to) and threw a laser TD. They need a laser sensor on his ass and zap him everytime he doesnt move in the pocket instead of bailing)

What folks dont realize is we will lose our great young corps of players to free agency in a few years if we dont start being meaningful in December and winning games when we have to throw over 15 times a game.

ONLY way for us to be playoff capable is to trade for a Vet QB that can think on field and lead WRs to attain YAC which is type of players Douglas acquired. I dont mid a 4th roundish "lets mold guy" QB pick (especially if Vet QB is pretty old. No Flacco, his years are showing on arm and legs)

A calm, smart Vet QB would be able to manage this excellent D and young Twitch kiddie corps to playoffs.

Who we get, not sure, but  would trust Carr (McDaniels once again destroys a teams O) and Minshew (low INT rate) and even Marriotta (stays calm)  over Zach 'Run for the Hills my Primary WR fell down' Wilson any day with the D and talent we have.

If we go down toilet with Zach say goodbye to all these young kids when they free agents cause sick of losing solely due to poor on field IQ and lack of throwing a YAC friendly ball. Also adios to any potential stud free agents coming here.

So who? Maybe anyone who approaches game a tad more calmly. Maybe White is next Kurt Warner story

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I don't understand the "let's go get Minshew or make a splash with Jimmy G" mindset.  After 6 more games, we may find we have someone who's already on the roster who's just as good...

That would be great. Let's see what happens over the next few weeks. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

I was told to resubmit this topic many weeks ago if I took a word out. so here goes

OK, so no Zach in 2023 with this wildcard capable team.

Cant afford to draft a QB high enough to start as that means bad record during initial phase until they get better or show they cant lead a RB on a dumpoff pass out of backfield LOL.

Bellys 2nd half gameplan to knock Garrett down at LOS was a insult to Jets cause he said "your QB cant get to his 2nd read without panic and curlyQ spin move and run 15 yards backwards". He moved up in pocket (like you are supposed to) and threw a laser TD. They need a laser sensor on his ass and zap him everytime he doesnt move in the pocket instead of bailing)

What folks dont realize is we will lose our great young corps of players to free agency in a few years if we dont start being meaningful in December and winning games when we have to throw over 15 times a game.

ONLY way for us to be playoff capable is to trade for a Vet QB that can think on field and lead WRs to attain YAC which is type of players Douglas acquired. I dont mid a 4th roundish "lets mold guy" QB pick (especially if Vet QB is pretty old. No Flacco, his years are showing on arm and legs)

A calm, smart Vet QB would be able to manage this excellent D and young Twitch kiddie corps to playoffs.

Who we get, not sure, but  would trust Carr (McDaniels once again destroys a teams O) and Minshew (low INT rate) and even Marriotta (stays calm)  over Zach 'Run for the Hills my Primary WR fell down' Wilson any day with the D and talent we have.

If we go down toilet with Zach say goodbye to all these young kids when they free agents cause sick of losing solely due to poor on field IQ and lack of throwing a YAC friendly ball. Also adios to any potential stud free agents coming here.

So who? Maybe anyone who approaches game a tad more calmly. Maybe White is next Kurt Warner story

Is this guy serious? We have Mike white the guy is playing the best football we have damn near ever had and you want to bring in some bum?

This is a terrible idea. Mike white plays qb well, and has earned his spot while being a good team mate and riding the pine. 

Mike white deserves the rest of the season and shout be our start going forward.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Is this guy serious? We have Mike white the guy is playing the best football we have damn near ever had and you want to bring in some bum?

This is a terrible idea. Mike white plays qb well, and has earned his spot while being a good team mate and riding the pine. 

Mike white deserves the rest of the season and shout be our start going forward.

ONE GAME, god people are going off the deep end.  The Jets were dragged kicking and screaming into playing him, they liked Flacco better.  Even if White plays well the rest of the year you STILL go and get another guy to compete and for legit insurance.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I believe that Green Bay will be in a mood to move on from Aaron Rogers after this year and at a price that is lower then many people would expect.  I think he kills it with these weapons and on a team with this defense.

I also believe that there is a significant chance he poisons the locker room with his attitude.  I think there is at least some chance that he may be physically done and that we will have wasted our money/picks.  On the other hand I think we are an immediate Super bowl contender with Rogers in green and white.  For a still new GM who has been building a team "the right way" this move is almost the complete opposite of that but still....

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

ONE GAME, god people are going off the deep end.  The Jets were dragged kicking and screaming into playing him, they liked Flacco better.  Even if White plays well the rest of the year you STILL go and get another guy to compete and for legit insurance.

If Wilson or any other high draft pick playwd like Mike white you would crown him the second coming of Joe Namath. To admit he played great and should embrace him doesn't make you off the deep end. It is just not asking for misery, something all too many jets fans crave. You can enjoy Mike white paying for the jets it's ok.

Zach, darnold and all those busts never have even shown the ability to play like Mike white. That's just a fact.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

If Wilson or any other high draft pick playwd like Mike white you would crown him the second coming of Joe Namath. To admit he played great and should embrace him doesn't make you off the deep end. It is just not asking for misery, something all too many jets fans crave. You can enjoy Mike white paying for the jets it's ok.

Zach, darnold and all those busts never have even shown the ability to play like Mike white. That's just a fact.

I hope mike white is the next Tom Brady. But, man o man if he is, wtf is the issue with this coaching staff not realizing they have HOFer in their QB room?

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I hope mike white is the next Tom Brady. But, man o man if he is, wtf is the issue with this coaching staff not realizing they have HOFer in their QB room?

Brady was a system guy in his early days...all it means is throwing to the open guy and following the off coord game plan.

I have a small theory that to avoid qb controversy that they started flacco cause he was old and easy to bench when Zach came back. Even if he wins no one questions that Zach is the guy. The system is good so flacco can run it and when Zach get in there he can run it. If Mike white started the season lots of questions if Mike runs it and then Zach sucks. But they bet Zach could do the easy things and the system would lead us through the season .

I get why they did it. I don't think they even realizes how well Mike white could run it. But dude is ballin. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Easy answer here.  For LeFleur's offense it would be Garoppolo.   He also grew up in the Chicago burbs, so he'd probably fine Northeastern NJ to be very familiar culturally and a close match with the temps and weather in both summer and winter. 

49ers don't even like graoppolo. You are suggesting getting a terrible qb to replace a guy who throws for tds and 300 yards a game. Crazy bro. You're crazy

I figure a guy playing in his 5th year who hasn't been beaten up to shreds and the one time his missed time was for a thumb injury causing numbness someone who can throw in the 66% completion range with a QBR in the 90's, we find a guy like that and we grab him as fast as we can and sign him to a 5 year contract. Oh wait, we HAVE that guy already ON THE TEAM...already... his name is Mike White he's as good as Jimmy Garapolo-already. 

• Upvote 1

We need to bring one in regardless.

If White flops, it should be someone like Garoppolo or Derek Carr, who will be paid starter's money to come in here and be the starter.

If White swims, we should still get a QB that's at minimum a high quality back up who can push White.  Guys like Gardner Minshew, Teddy Bridgewater, Jacoby Brissett, or maybe Daniel Jones.

• Upvote 1