What Vet QB do we think best 2023 fit

SouthernJet

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Stop it.

Minshew has thrown for over 3k once in his career. Once. I know he hasn't been around very long. But that is part of it. You know exactly what you are getting with Carr. He's a veteran QB.

He has thrown for over 3k in yards every single season he's been in the NFL. 4 seasons over 4k. Minshew has played 28 games. Carr has played 138. Carr has played 8 full seasons (going on 9) as a starter. I mean its a completely different caliber QB you are getting. You can't compare the two.

Stop. Just stop. 

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

And carr has accomplished nothing in terms of team success 

7 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Give your brain a chance, man.  

Mike White is a third string QB for a reason.  Most if not all third string QB's would have had a good game against the defense the Bears were fielding considering there were good pass catchers on the field for the Jets.

Wait for your man Mike White to face a good NFL defense and you'll see what many already know.  

What I can say about Mike White is that even he is a big step up from Dennis The Menace and he is a very nice back-up QB.  Against a good NFL defense, Garoppolo will be decent and Mike White will struggle.  

Lol. @THE BARON

Mike white is the starting QB not third string. Before Zach's benching he was the second string not third.

Right from the beginning your post is inaccurate and stupid.

Mike had a great game as any starter should against the chi def but he had an exceptional game not just a good one. And these wrs we have and basically all skill players made plays because of Mike white not despite him. Again stupid argument and point  by you.

Then you call someone Dennis the menace I'm not even sure who that is supposed to be, no one is known as that. I guess your talking about Wilson? Maybe idk. Actual because of your dumb ass insult you started off with I'm not even really interesting in trying to guess, I really just want to focus in how dumb your post was. But just making up your own nick name for a player and acting like it is well known seems stupid so I guess I can include it in this post. 

Here is the grand finally of your take.

Against a good def Mike white is the one to struggle and graroupalo would be decent? I mean how stupid of an opinion is that. Jimmy g is trash and can't throw touch downs. Have you seen him play or looked at any stats??? Some absurd stats from his play on the 49ers out there but look no further than his last game. I .guessing you didn't see it considering your comments but here is a newsflash , he was trash .

In fact jimmy g has been bad for along time and much like Wilson turning in terrible game after terrible game, the 49ers don't trust him to sling it and just hope the team can overcome his deficiencies.

I mean Ive read a lot of stupid posts but yours takes the cake buddy. Maybe you were drinking I don't know. But maybe next time before you insult someone for being dumb you might want to just stick to the insult cause your commentary will give you away every time.

Go jets. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PepPep said:

I mean, maybe. But JD can clear enough cap for Carr or Jimmy G while keeping the rest of this team together. So I wouldn't say it's 'ludicrous'. Like, it would NOT 'tear apart the team' as you put it. 

I think people are underestimating JD. He wants to win. Badly. I think he is willing to take these types of risks. We've seen him take risks in FA and the draft. Why not this? The QB room stinks. White is not the answer. Zach looks like a bust. Something has to be done and JD cannot sit on his hands or bring in a vet QB who will barely move the needle. 

Not sure they can clear space for Carr. We are already against the cap, we need to sign Q and Huff and don't really have many restructure options. You want to give up more than a 1st for Carr, immediately extend him and convert much of his $32M cal number to a bonus maybe saving hf and then struggle to sign Q Huff and retain othetr?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Lol. @THE BARON

Mike white is the starting QB not third string. Before Zach's benching he was the second string not third.

Right from the beginning your post is inaccurate and stupid.

Mike had a great game as any starter should against the chi def but he had an exceptional game not just a good one. And these wrs we have and basically all skill players made plays because of Mike white not despite him. Again stupid argument and point  by you.

Then you call someone Dennis the menace I'm not even sure who that is supposed to be, no one is known as that. I guess your talking about Wilson? Maybe idk. Actual because of your dumb ass insult you started off with I'm not even really interesting in trying to guess, I really just want to focus in how dumb your post was. But just making up your own nick name for a player and acting like it is well known seems stupid so I guess I can include it in this post. 

Here is the grand finally of your take.

Against a good def Mike white is the one to struggle and graroupalo would be decent? I mean how stupid of an opinion is that. Jimmy g is trash and can't throw touch downs. Have you seen him play or looked at any stats??? Some absurd stats from his play on the 49ers out there but look no further than his last game. I .guessing you didn't see it considering your comments but here is a newsflash , he was trash .

In fact jimmy g has been bad for along time and much like Wilson turning in terrible game after terrible game, the 49ers don't trust him to sling it and just hope the team can overcome his deficiencies.

I mean Ive read a lot of stupid posts but yours takes the cake buddy. Maybe you were drinking I don't know. But maybe next time before you insult someone for being dumb you might want to just stick to the insult cause your commentary will give you away every time.

Go jets. 

I'd suspect you of being Mike White's mom, but I'm guessing you can't be over 16.  

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

Stop it.

Minshew has thrown for over 3k once in his career. Once. I know he hasn't been around very long. But that is part of it. You know exactly what you are getting with Carr. He's a veteran QB.

He has thrown for over 3k in yards every single season he's been in the NFL. 4 seasons over 4k. Minshew has played 28 games. Carr has played 138. Carr has played 8 full seasons (going on 9) as a starter. I mean its a completely different caliber QB you are getting. You can't compare the two.

Stop. Just stop. 

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Derek Carr would be a great pickup. I would argue that Minshew is a better pickup, however. He would be cheaper, and he has played very well in the games he has been in, with exception of a couple games during 2020 when the Jags were tanking. Minshew, if he had had a full season in 2019 would have thrown for over 4k yards and 30 TDs despite being on a relatively crappy team, and moved to backup Jalen Hurts who is having a monster season.

Derek Carr is a great QB, but I don't think Minshew is that far off and he would be a billion times cheaper. Salary Cap is going to be an issue in a few years here and it will be better if the QB we get doesn't need to be paid a crap ton immediately.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, hmhertz said:

Geno Smith by far, Jacoby Brissett has come on.

Want no part of Carr, Jimmy G or Rodgers the Malignancy

Geno would be the top choice. Definitely pass on Carr. Jimmy G will get hurt. Rodgers I would pass on but damn it would be fun if he was here.

That said, Mike White gets to come back and try to lead the Jets to back to back Super Bowl victories!

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Geno Smith by far, Jacoby Brissett has come on.

Want no part of Carr, Jimmy G or Rodgers the Malignancy

Geno - has had a very nice year. Carroll is the perfect coach for him. I really doubt he’d be as good if he left Seattle and returned to here

Brisset - nice backup. Not an upgrade over white or even flacco

Jimmy G - knows the offense but insanely injury prone and will require a long term deal. Pass.

Rodgers - will cost multiple firsts

Tom Brady is the guy we need to be going after.  Bottom line.

15 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

And carr has accomplished nothing in terms of team success 

I mean, neither did Minshew. So what are you talking about? You are really just saying Minshew is cheaper and younger and MAYBE, MIGHT be as good as Carr statistically moving forward- but really there is no way to know. Like I said, I compare Carr to Stafford, who was always a very good QB but had to go to a better defensive team to actually start winning meaningful games and experience team success.  

14 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Not sure they can clear space for Carr. We are already against the cap, we need to sign Q and Huff and don't really have many restructure options. You want to give up more than a 1st for Carr, immediately extend him and convert much of his $32M cal number to a bonus maybe saving hf and then struggle to sign Q Huff and retain othetr?

Maybe, I won't claim to be an expert on the cap.

I just know that the cap goes up every year and these days it seems like where there's a will, there's a way. Good teams with good GMs seem to be able to fit players under the cap all the time while staying competitive and paying their QBs a ton of dough. We are going to see the Ravens do it in the offseason with Lamar- just watch. So I don't see why JD can't do some creative maneuvering as well. 

This is a young, talented team. We have a number of starters on rookie deals. I can't imagine this team is in such bad shape with contracts that JD can't move some players around to clear enough cap for a massive upgrade at the most important position in football.  

12 hours ago, Hex said:

Derek Carr would be a great pickup. I would argue that Minshew is a better pickup, however. He would be cheaper, and he has played very well in the games he has been in, with exception of a couple games during 2020 when the Jags were tanking. Minshew, if he had had a full season in 2019 would have thrown for over 4k yards and 30 TDs despite being on a relatively crappy team, and moved to backup Jalen Hurts who is having a monster season.

Derek Carr is a great QB, but I don't think Minshew is that far off and he would be a billion times cheaper. Salary Cap is going to be an issue in a few years here and it will be better if the QB we get doesn't need to be paid a crap ton immediately.

Yes, Minshew is cheaper and younger than Carr. But whether or not he is better, or even close to as good is very much an unknown. I have no problem bringing him in. Heck, its better than rolling with White and Zach next year. But as I originally said, it would not be a move that would push us over the top. Or at least, Minshew would need to 'live up to his potential'- so we would be taking another gamble rather than taking a swing for the fences and going with a 'sure thing' in Carr.    

13 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I mean, neither did Minshew. So what are you talking about? You are really just saying Minshew is cheaper and younger and MAYBE, MIGHT be as good as Carr statistically moving forward- but really there is no way to know. Like I said, I compare Carr to Stafford, who was always a very good QB but had to go to a better defensive team to actually start winning meaningful games and experience team success.  

Minshew is not an upgrade over White

2 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

Tom Brady is the guy we need to be going after.  Bottom line.

9Y=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

I'd rather never win another game that win anything with Tom f'ing Brady.

What the hell has happened to sports, seems like so many of you take a very "Fantasy Football/Rivalries don't matter/sign all the Pats!" ethic to it.

I miss the old days.

This of course is beside that fact that Tom Brady loathes the Jets, and would never, ever sign here, even if our owner was dumb enough to try and get him.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

9Y=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

I'd rather never win another game that win anything with Tom f'ing Brady.

What the hell has happened to sports, seems like so many of you take a very "Fantasy Football/Rivalries don't matter/sign all the Pats!" ethic to it.

I miss the old days.

This of course is beside that fact that Tom Brady loathes the Jets, and would never, ever sign here, even if our owner was dumb enough to try and get him.

I want to win a super bowl.  I don’t care about your fee fees because Brady beat badly constructed jets teams 5 years ago

9 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

I want to win a super bowl.  I don’t care about your fee fees because Brady beat badly constructed jets teams 5 years ago

I rarely demean other fans for their point of view, but you exemplify everything that is wrong with modern sports.

Go win a Super Bowl with your fantasy football team, Pats Lover.

I'm sure if you ask, @The Crusher will happily change your user name to "Brady Lover" for you.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

lead the Jets to back to back Super Bowl victories!

For this Max gets a PotY nomination, I also think that this could very well be THE year, with some luck and if we can stay relatively healthy and NOT get beaten by the Zebras like the 2 Pats losses that we aided by the refs non-calls-2 QB shots to the head as well as a clear block in the back on the final TD-THAT one bad call cost us the game

32 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Minshew was not playing for a team that had been built around him for success like Carr has been. Minshew was playing in the midst of a dumpster fire. 

And if you cannot see the difference in talent between Matthew Stafford and Derek freaking Carr, there is nothing I can do for you.

Finally, JD does not come from a school of thought that believes you spend a bunch of money on a veteran QB. So, it's not gonna happen.

15 hours ago, EM31 said:

Jimmy G's price is also going up by the hour.

QB is one of the few positions you should open up the checkbook for. 

Not so much that I think Jimmy G. is one of the better QB's, but you can win a pile of games with him, especially if you have a good defense.  

I want to stress that you need a very good defense to win in the playoffs unless you have one of the "special" QB's

Consider this season.  I don't know which team is toing to win the Super Bowl, but I would guarantee it will be a team that has one of the "special" QB's

Chiefs - Mahomes

Bills - Josh Allen

Bengals - Burrow

Chargers - Herbert

Ravens - Lamar

Bucks - Brady

GB - Rogers. 

Iggles - Hurts 

Ya see what I'm getting at ??? NO QB = NO SUPERBOWL

That is why you must pay for a QB unless you hit on one in the draft, and the bargain only lasts for 4 years at most.  3 if you extend/restructure.

6 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

i wish i knew mike white mom. I would share her hand and thank her for finally giving our team a QB that can win!!

I dig.  I hope he turns out to be more than just a flash-in-the pan.  I'll jump on board the Mike White bandwagon if he performs well vs Buffalo