Robinson benched for Zonovan - more accountability

Augustiniak

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

In Saleh’s presser today he was asked about playing Zonovan over Robinson.  His response focused on Knight being a better north/south runner and Robinson needing to take what yards were there instead of looking for the ‘home run’.  Interestingly, it’s similar to the criticism levied on Wilson, compared to White.  

Finally I couldn’t help but observe that it’s only the offense that seems to have all these issues.  QB, RB and WR have all had some form of drama, but nothing on the defense.  Is that merely a coincidence?

Well, i'm no psychic -- but I don't think LaFlower puts his dick on the table weekly, just to let 'em know....

Thus they have to rely on more rudimentary methods of performance mgmt w/ the O

30 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

In Saleh’s presser today he was asked about playing Zonovan over Robinson.  His response focused on Knight being a better north/south runner and Robinson needing to take what yards were there instead of looking for the ‘home run’.  Interestingly, it’s similar to the criticism levied on Wilson, compared to White.  

Finally I couldn’t help but observe that it’s only the offense that seems to have all these issues.  QB, RB and WR have all had some form of drama, but nothing on the defense.  Is that merely a coincidence?

Likely just more to work on with the offense.   It is hard to argue with anything the defense has been doing these last 8 weeks. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

There was a bit of drama with QW early in season

Maybe a dumb question but does the yardage threshold count the playoffs or just regular season? 

I would play Bam, the kid looks really fast in space. I'm not opposed to Robinson getting reps too, we'll need fresh legs come the playoffs. (?)

Side note, I thought I heard Jeff Smith being inactive forced us to bring in Bam for special teams.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Edit: Just saw Robinson only has 75 yards in 25 attempts! Disregard my post. Benched for performance issues

Bam deserved the shot

I've got no issues with Bam playing since he'll be here beyond this season but Robinson really hasn't had much of a fair shake considering he faced the Patriots twice, once on a short week and the second with a QB who could not throw. The difference appears to be the Bills game. That's just looking at the box score though which doesn't really provide enough context.

glad to see Bam finally got his shot they were playin with fire cutting him back when to bring him back to PS.  Even MC is a fan and said he was shocked he went undrafted.

I know Ty had a decent game but that is rarity and dont understand having him over Bam or Robinson.

I also tho cutting Pinnock for Adams was strange move too.

Anywho the next guy I like to see get a shot is Irvin Charles the other 25 year old rookie.  I thought he looked real good in pre season.

10 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

The D had the drama early on. Q yelling ar a coach, communication issues in the secondary.  They fixed it. 

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Robinson trade looks pretty bad right now.

I wonder if part of the reason he’s benched is sparing the 5th rounder.

The trade was right at the time even though I didn't like it - Especially with him coming off the injury.  Trades are made on performance and he had pretty good stats.  If he has bad work ethic and he doesn't respond to the coaching staff telling him he needs to run downhill - he should sit his ass on the pine.  Just like Wilson.  Performance should dictate playing time.  I coached baseball my whole life and hated the old "popularity" influence people tried to have on you - and it hurts the kids.  Little League is one thing but when these kids come to me at the High School Level and they aren't in the Gym with the Strength and Conditioning Trainer on M/W/F after school - they don't play.  If they don't perform on the field - they sit on the bench - I'm not giving up on them but they need to be better.  You wouldn't believe how people start buying in after a while.  I have a team of friends that will pick each other up and they play better because of it.  Same thing with Mike White - The team will be better with him running the offense - its the respect they have for him and they will play harder for him.  It was pretty clear at the end of the game when White was being interviewed and part of the team surrounded him.  THEY DON'T RESPECT WILSON!

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

glad to see Bam finally got his shot they were playin with fire cutting him back when to bring him back to PS.  Even MC is a fan and said he was shocked he went undrafted.

I know Ty had a decent game but that is rarity and dont understand having him over Bam or Robinson.

One big difference between the two RBs is that Ty tested extremely well across the board, while Knight tested very poorly with his jumps (explosion) was average in speed, and very good in the agility drills. With a nickname like Bam, you’d kinda expect it to be the other way around. I imagine they see Johnson as the only RB they have right now who can do some of those  Breece home run type things (like his own TD run Sunday), whereas Knight’s skills were kinda redundant behind Carter and Robinson. But agility is key in this one cut rushing offense, and the ability to get positive yards consistently is a major part of what they want to do on offense. I’d expect them to go with the committee approach going forward, and riding the hot hand on a week to week basis. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

One big difference between the two RBs is that Ty tested extremely well across the board, while Knight tested very poorly with his jumps (explosion) was average in speed, and very good in the agility drills. With a nickname like Bam, you’d kinda expect it to be the other way around. I imagine they see Johnson as the only RB they have right now who can do some of those  Breece home run type things (like his own TD run Sunday), whereas Knight’s skills were kinda redundant behind Carter and Robinson. But agility is key in this one cut rushing offense, and the ability to get positive yards consistently is a major part of what they want to do on offense. I’d expect them to go with the committee approach going forward, and riding the hot hand on a week to week basis. 

i suspect we will see more and more of BAM now and hoping they give him a shot to return kicks...think he led all of college or something in that but he was good in pre season too returning kicks.

I did see one knock on BAM forget where i saw it but I thought it said he had some fumble issues at some point which may have impacted his draft.

13 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It’s not only the offense. Didn’t Reed complain about the lack of communication on D early in the season? Q had choice words for his coaches about their reliance on blitzes to  generate pressure. Pinnock went from maybe starting to cut. JFM was called out for stupid penalties.

You left off "#1 cornerback" Bryce Hall being benched and inactive almost every week.

• Upvote 1