Robinson benched for Zonovan - more accountability

Augustiniak

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You left off "#1 cornerback" Bryce Hall being benched and inactive almost every week.

I am surprised the the Jets only carry 4 CBs on game day. While Hardee is always active, I've never seen him play other than as ST ace.

What do they intend to do if 2 of their 4 CBs get hurt during a game. Can Lamarcus Joyner or Ashtyn Davis play CB?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I am surprised the the Jets only carry 4 CBs on game day. While Hardee is always active, I've never seen him play other than as ST ace.

What do they intend to do if 2 of their 4 CBs get hurt during a game. Can Lamarcus Joyner or Ashtyn Davis play CB?

I think Lamarcus Joyner played as much slot corner as safety in his career.  Hardee played some corner in the preseason.  I was not impressed but I think they said he was making the calls.  FWIW, Tony Adams was a college corner and they are carrying Jimmy Moreland on the practice squad who was a priority guy and probably rates as high as Hall.

22 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

In Saleh’s presser today he was asked about playing Zonovan over Robinson.  His response focused on Knight being a better north/south runner and Robinson needing to take what yards were there instead of looking for the ‘home run’.  Interestingly, it’s similar to the criticism levied on Wilson, compared to White.  

Finally I couldn’t help but observe that it’s only the offense that seems to have all these issues.  QB, RB and WR have all had some form of drama, but nothing on the defense.  Is that merely a coincidence?

Never needed Robinson. Bad trade by JD. No thank you No thank you JD.

Signing Bam: Thank you JD Thank you. 

• Upvote 1

I did not mind the trade as he is a good back but if he as still not healthy that was the issue.  A also would have brought Knight into the equation before trading for robinson.  Sometimes GMs make moves that not only add a player but also are meant to send message to the team.

Saleh and Douglas made the trade to say, no the season is not over becaue we lost AVt and Hall, we are still going to try and win.

• Upvote 3

On 11/28/2022 at 10:20 PM, RevisIsland610 said:

Bam played great yesterday. Ran hard and hit the holes quickly and had over a 100 all purpose yards. He needs to play. Robinson is ok, but that's the thing, he's just OK. 

Robinson is more than just okay . he's playing on an injured knee and he's learning a new system also getting used to another Offensive line. I'm glad Knight got his shot and made the best of it because with Carter  down it will be big. Robinson is a good back give him a chance to settle in Knight Robinson and Johnson can still be a pretty good backfield.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Robinson is more than just okay . he's playing on an injured knee and he's learning a new system also getting used to another Offensive line. I'm glad Knight got his shot and made the best of it because with Carter  down it will be big. Robinson is a good back give him a chance to settle in Knight Robinson and Johnson can still be a pretty good backfield.

Yeah but I saw Sunday what I haven't seen since Breece Hall went down. That is the little burst through the hole that neither Carter or Robinson have shown. I'm fine with a backfield of Knight, Robinson, and Johnson while Carter is out. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yeah but I saw Sunday what I haven't seen since Breece Hall went down. That is the little burst through the hole that neither Carter or Robinson have shown. I'm fine with a backfield of Knight, Robinson, and Johnson while Carter is out. 

i do think robinson being inactive had more to do with his indecisiveness than his knee.

On 11/28/2022 at 9:06 PM, ChewyandtheJets said:

Likely just more to work on with the offense.   It is hard to argue with anything the defense has been doing these last 8 weeks. 

I'd complain about the tackling without wrapping up but that seems to be a league-wide issue and I'd only sound like the old man that I am. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Carter has been a huge disappointment this year.  I have not been impressed with him at all.  Knight showed more in 1 game then carter has all year.  

Id make Knight the featured back moving forward.

carter's best attribute is his contribution in the passing game.  as a runner he's just ok.  they really haven't used him much in the passing game and wilson has trouble with those anyway.  his role is destined to be a committee rb and maybe white can throw him a few passes.  

• Upvote 1

On 11/28/2022 at 8:35 PM, Augustiniak said:

In Saleh’s presser today he was asked about playing Zonovan over Robinson.  His response focused on Knight being a better north/south runner and Robinson needing to take what yards were there instead of looking for the ‘home run’.  Interestingly, it’s similar to the criticism levied on Wilson, compared to White.  

Finally I couldn’t help but observe that it’s only the offense that seems to have all these issues.  QB, RB and WR have all had some form of drama, but nothing on the defense.  Is that merely a coincidence?

And Robinson has been playing hurt...why do some want this to be an all or none decision?

If Knight gets hurt this week in MInn, does Robinson not have a role?

• Upvote 3

Worth noting that the games Robinson played were vs NE, Buffalo and NE. Bam played against Chicago. Rather different on the run defenses. 

Robinson's best game was vs Buffalo - who aren't as strong vs the run as NE. Plus of the three, Zach had his best (least bad?) game vs. Buffalo.

In the two NE games he was 5 for 17 and 7 for 10. Carter in those two games was 7 for 26 and 8 for 19. Neither RB did much at all.

One thing I've not seen discussed yet on Robinson or Bam - how good are they at picking up blitzes? It's a key RB ability but one that is often overlooked as it doesn't show up on stats.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Have you guys watched Robinson? He looks like he is on one leg. He hits the hole ok but cannot run for more than 10 yards. 

Carter is… a solid third down back. I agree that Bam in the most impressive.

Now Robinson can only run 10 yards?  When we got him I heard that his stats were skewed by a few long runs.  

On 11/29/2022 at 6:31 PM, johnnysd said:

I think with the RB signing today we may have seen the last of Robinson this year. IR some time next week for his knee would not be a shocker.

RB signing?  You mean Jonathan Ward?  They signed him to the practice squad when he was cut coming back from a hamstring with the Cards.  Guy has been out since 2019 and has like 33 yards rushing and I think he is 195 lbs.  I think he is more a 3rd down receiving type back, but who knows?  These guys got Mostert to be a feature back.

14 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This seems to be pretty standard for the Jets now. Be unhappy, go public.

All over the league... not just the Jets.  Patriots (along with a few other teams) are a huge exception as Pats players abide by Belichick rules on public commentary.  

24 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Now Robinson can only run 10 yards?  When we got him I heard that his stats were skewed by a few long runs.  

Haven't you heard?  Robinson's wooden peg leg needs to be re-attached after any 10 yard run.