MNF Thread

frankiepapa

Just now, Ruby2 said:

I wonder how much is QBs basically being meh vs how spreading everyone out can create running lanes. 

Probably both and then add to that all the running QBs that put even more pressure on backers and the dline, they have to respect running QBs, jet sweeps and the normal running game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Probably both and then add to that all the running QBs that put even more pressure on backers and the dline, they have to respect running QBs, jet sweeps and the normal running game.

Yup all the sweeps and motions i think  are a big part two.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

I wonder how much is QBs basically being meh vs how spreading everyone out can create running lanes. 

Defenses have gotten lighter and acquired personnel to support their playing nickel the majority of the time to slow down the passing offenses of the last several years. The culmination of years of defenses making this adjustment likely have had an effect as offenses counter the 2 high that's been used to slow down potent passing offenses. 

In addition, the NFL adjusted the rules for holding in the 2021 offseason so that's it's called less. I imagine that's led to an easier time running. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ruby2 said:

Just bizarre that they brought him in to start with.

They also tried the same thing with Wentz and Rivers though.

Just a bizarre strategy.

You could argue that Jets drafting QBs high every other season has been just as bad of a strategy

Colts aren’t the most enticing team for good FA QBs to sign, but you’re right bout how they don’t try to go big 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hex said:

You could argue that Jets drafting QBs high every other season has been just as bad of a strategy

Colts aren’t the most enticing team for good FA QBs to sign, but you’re right bout how they don’t try to go big 

Taking a shot at unknowns with upside is always better in my book than going with washed up has beens but a good point.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ruby2 said:

Taking a shot at unknowns with upside is always better in my book than going with washed up has beens but a good point.

That’s true. The real score is that middle. Proven QBs or even just ones that have looked good in the NFL and are still young. Unfortunately those are the QBs that all 20 QB needy teams go for (except for Colts and Jets I guess)

• Upvote 1