Strength of Schedule for Mike White in Western Kentucky

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Smh

Jets finally have a guy who has shown he can play at a high level.

And fans are already thinking about the best way to replace him.

I believe in MW, but I’m gonna just enjoy this and take it one game at a time.

Wouldn’t it be sometbjng if MW locks down the QB position for the next 5-10 years a la Kurt Warner.   This franchise is so overdue it may just happen. 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

You are off by a year.  White's senior year was 2017.  He was in the 2018 draft. 

I think the more important piece than strength of schedule is strength of your team relative to the schedule.  BYU was ranked 11th in Zach's senior season.  11-1.  Going up against a 75th ranked schedule means they likley had a mismatch most weeks.  This translated to Zach having clean pockets and open receivers which does not prepare you for the messy pockets and tight windows of the NFL.  White may have played a weak schedule, but at Western Kentucky, he likely did not have the same mismatches that Wilson had at BYU.

Very good point. I think JD bleeding it more now since you pointed that out with the mismatches

33 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think Zach has played more than 4 games like Mike White has

You just won’t accept the concept of being at practice, throwing to WRs, being in the QB room, being coached by the CS and other QBs add value and experience to a developing player.  
One is also 23 while the other is 27.  

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Mike Whites been in the NFL 5 seasons

Zach Wilson 1 1/2. 

I think this is an important point, but I don't think it matters for us right now. 

We are a win now team and White should continue playing because he's a better QB right now and gives us a better chance to win right now. I also think White has a chance to win this job for good before Wilson is ever ready to take the throne back. White has two elite performances in his first 4 NFL games and I think we need to ride this thing out until the wheels fall off or until there is no confusion that MW is the guy here. 

I still believe Zach Wilson has a chance to be a good NFL QB, but Mike White might very well be a good QB right now, and if that's the case,  I think he will be our QB going forward. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You just won’t accept the concept of being at practice, throwing to WRs, being in the QB room, being coached by the CS and other QBs add value and experience to a developing player.  
One is also 23 while the other is 27.  

One plays with the first team, the other has been a practice squad player. How much attention do you actually think a practice  squad player gets? How much time do you think the second string QB is getting with coaches? Don't  you think the coaches are making sure the starter is ready, not preparing a guy that most likely has a clipboard in his hands the whole game? How much time is it really going to be before you admit White has gotten the bare minimum  as far as prep compared to a starter. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think this is an important point, but I don't think it matters for us right now. 

We are a win now team and White should continue playing because he's a better QB right now and gives us a better chance to win right now. I also think White has a chance to win this job for good before Wilson is ever ready to take the throne back. White has two elite performances in his first 4 NFL games and I think we need to ride this thing out until the wheels fall off or until there is no confusion that MW is the guy here. 

I still believe Zach Wilson has a chance to be a good NFL QB, but Mike White might very well be a good QB right now, and if that's the case,  I think he will be our QB going forward. 

ZW has a chance, it’s not over just yet.  But MW is what he is and that’s at least a capable QB who give us a better chance of winning today.  If ZWs day comes we’re better off and will deal with that problem later. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

One plays with the first team, the other has been a practice squad player. How much attention do you actually think a practice  squad player gets? How much time do you think the second string QB is getting with coaches? Don't  you think the coaches are making sure the starter is ready, not preparing a guy that most likely has a clipboard in his hands the whole game? How much time is it really going to be before you admit White has gotten the bare minimum  as far as prep compared to a starter. 

Jeez, this isn’t that difficult 

16 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It really isn't.  You need to stop defending Zach. Just say no. 

You need to fish out a new brain, where was I defending Zach? 
Or do you think point out the fact that MW is more experienced than ZW is somehow a knock on MW?  

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You need to fish out a new brain, where was I defending Zach? 
Or do you think point out the fact that MW is more experienced than ZW is somehow a knock on MW?  

Look, if you don't  think saying MW has more real NFL experience than Zach when he has been cut multiple,  has never been anointed  a full time starter until now, and this is the reason he is better than Zach is not defending Zach, you really need to be the one looking for a new brain. 

Hey, let's bring Colt McCoy in. He has about 10 years experience as a backup. Should be twice as good as White by your logic. 

When you arr able to have a conversation without resorting to childish insults, let me know. 

28 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Look, if you don't  think saying MW has more real NFL experience than Zach when he has been cut multiple,  has never been anointed  a full time starter until now, and this is the reason he is better than Zach is not defending Zach, you really need to be the one looking for a new brain. 

Hey, let's bring Colt McCoy in. He has about 10 years experience as a backup. Should be twice as good as White by your logic. 

When you arr able to have a conversation without resorting to childish insults, let me know. 

Are you kidding?  You read that he has 5+ to ZWs 1+ and came away with all it takes is experience?  And yes 5 years of practice, QB room work etc is exp.
Childish insults?  Where because I might as well break out what I really think about another of your mind numbing arguments for the sake of arguing.  And the requisite cry that you’re insulted for escalating a simple two line post.  

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Can someone explain how carr minshew or jimmy are better qbs than MW? If MW keeps 75% of this up hes the man

If is the big question. A player like Jimmy G is consistent and has shown to be the perfect fit in a 49ers-based offense (See Shanahan's record with vs without Jimmy). Mike White has had 2 sparklers, a horrific game and an injury game. If he becomes consistently 75% then sure, don't fix something that's not broken. If he has a couple good games and a few awful games then it's probably better to find a more consistent QB.

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are you kidding?  You read that he has 5+ to ZWs 1+ and came away with all it takes is experience?  And yes 5 years of practice, QB room work etc is exp.
Childish insults?  Where because I might as well break out what I really think about another of your mind numbing arguments for the sake of arguing.  And the requisite cry that you’re insulted for escalating a simple two line post.  

Dude, you really need to chill out. 

Mike Whites been in the NFL 5 seasons

Zach Wilson 1 1/2. 

Look at what you wrote. You don't  think this is defending Wilson? Really? 

We're you jist stating the obvious for those of us that didn't  know how long each has been playing no matter what level on the team it was? 

31 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude, you really need to chill out. 

Mike Whites been in the NFL 5 seasons

Zach Wilson 1 1/2. 

Look at what you wrote. You don't  think this is defending Wilson? Really? 

Were you jist stating the obvious for those of us that didn't  know how long each has been playing no matter what level on the team it was? 

M not bent over this, I made a posing and stand by it, that’s all, take it for what it’s worth.  I wrote two lines that MW has 5 1/2 seasons (the 4 I posted was wrong) and ZW 1 1/2.  I pointed out they have a difference in experience as in ZWs not done.  Doesn’t mean he’ll be great, doesn’t even mean he’s going to be better than MW.  
Some of are so defensive of anyone who hopes ZW will ultimately develop and replace MW if Zach gives us a better chance of winning or provides a valuable trading chip.  It’s not that hard and nothing close to defending the kid.   

5 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

LOL you really give a crap about "strength of schedule" for a college team 5 years ago as it pertains to a current QB in the NFL?  What are we doing here?

Seriously.  New data trumps old data.  Mike White has two 300+ yard games, 3 TD games in 4 starts against NFL competition.  And he isn't a finished product.  

Who gives a f**k about how weak Conference USA was in 2018?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

M not bent over this, I made a posing and stand by it, that’s all, take it for what it’s worth.  I wrote two lines that MW has 5 1/2 seasons (the 4 I posted was wrong) and ZW 1 1/2.  I pointed out they have a difference in experience as in ZWs not done.  Doesn’t mean he’ll be great, doesn’t even mean he’s going to be better than MW.  
Some of are so defensive of anyone who hopes ZW will ultimately develop and replace MW if Zach gives us a better chance of winning or provides a valuable trading chip.  It’s not that hard and nothing close to defending the kid.   

Ok, this is really making me laugh btw. 

Zach is done on the Jets for this season and most likely next season as well but ok, you aren't  defending him