CJ Mosley appreciation thread

Integrity28

Pick - playoffs

Down 6 spots in draft order from last week 

New York Jets

7-4 · .488

Biggest needs: OL, LB, QB

Week 13 opponent: at Vikings

EE: This team could use an injection of life at linebacker. C.J. Mosley has a $21.4 million cap number next year and has lost a step, even if his instincts remain top notch.

Moseley is a highly expensive coverage liability but his play hasn’t been this noticeable and impactful since the 1st half of the 2019 season opener. his play has won over a lot of fans. 

He's taken unnecessary heat from a lot of people here for his contract(not his fault), him skipping out on Covid year(Can't blame him), and his play earlier in the Saleh era(He's a 3-4 MLB, took him a while to grow into his role), and as a supporter from when we 1st got him, I'm happy to see him get the appreciation he deserves finally!

His smarts and leadership is greatly needed in this defense. IDK how much longer he stays with us so hopefully we can get into the playoffs this year and get him some postseason football in the green and White! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's OK to have an overpay on the roster when you aren't really paying much to anyone else.  With a team full of rookies and 2nd year guys, Mosley's presence is huge.

Would love to bring him back next year if possible.

I will let him know.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, frankiepapa said:

He's taken a lot of heat on this board and he's probably overpaid... but this guy has been just about as consistent as we could hope... one of the leaders of this d

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Before the season started, many on this board were talking sh!t about him and hoping the Jets wouldn't resign him.  That seemed bizarre to me, I didn't think it was a worthy conversation to engage in.  Regardless of his play on the field, the guy bleeds green.  His commitment and leadership alone is worth its weight in gold. And you can't fault him for effort, because he plays balls out every week.  I've always been a big fan.

23 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The guy is thriving in this system. Stuff like this doesn’t show up on the stat sheet, but that’s okay… he’s a facilitator. A leader.

Ill admit that in the beginning of the season i thought he had noticably lost a step.  wasnt hitting holes like he used to, was a second late and making tackles after 4 or 5 yards.  He seems to have picked it up.  One thing that never wavered was his incredible leadership and identity he has given this team.  I think Kwon Alexander is a close 2nd as to identity.

• Upvote 3