OT: Todd Bowles taking heat for punting on 4th and 2 from the 37 with the GOAT QB

slimjasi

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Hypothetical:

If White flames out and Wilson continues to be Wilson, would you welcome Brady next year at a reasonable rate?  

The team is built for him and the chance to stick it to BB might be enough to entice him to come to his hated rival.  

Brady is going to retired at the end of the year. he still has a chance to get back with his wife but he has to be done with football soon. another year and hes lost her forever.

8 hours ago, chirorob said:

He's chicken sh$$.

Actually I think when he punted on 4th down in Pittsburgh, in Pittsburgh territory, not much time left and a very high probability that the Jets Never see the ball again for the rest of the game with Roethliesberger  QBing, is close to not letting the GOAT try and get 2 yards.

He’s a very good coach, when he has All Pros at virtually Every position.

• Upvote 2

Extreme aversion to risk is decidedly unsuccessful and alarmingly ill-fitted to a sport where athletes repeatedly put their bodies on the line.  

It just makes no sense that someone could get into this game as his profession and be so scared to play for victories.  This is not a sport for cowards, ever.  

I’d much rather go full John Harbaugh and go for it on 4th in nearly all situations, regardless of the risk of criticism.  Even moreso with an offense as loaded with talent as Tampa Bay’s.  Damn the torpedoes.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’d much rather go full John Harbaugh and go for it on 4th in nearly all situations, regardless of the risk of criticism.  Even moreso with an offense as loaded with talent as Tampa Bay’s.  Damn the torpedoes.  

You know, win or lose, the players love that Harbaugh plays to win.  Not every decision is going to work out, the other team gets paid too.

Football will always show who is tough, and who is scared.  On the field and off.  If, as a coach, you are gifted a Tom Brady, and you don't give every chance to win you a game, you are stupid.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I wonder if Brady regrets pushing Bruce Arians out the door.

I’ve followed the Bucs for a few years now since I lived in the area and the drop off from Arians to Bowles has been drastic. Arians wouldn’t agree to everything Brady was demanding so they mutually parted ways in order to get Brady back. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, GangGreen Machine said:

"Todd Bowles said he didn’t want to risk an interception at the end of regulation and preferred to let the game go into overtime."

Doesn't Brady have like an ungodly TD/INT ratio? What was this guy thinking? 

I got the inside scoop.  Brady said he was having a bad hair day and Bowles knew he wasn't in good form to lead them down the field.