Will Vikings Blitz Mike White more?

kevinc855

Unless the Vikes DC is foolish or clueless, they will be doing all they can to pressure White.  DB's will also be looking to pounce.  I'm not believing that the Vikes have the defensive manpower to make things very hot, regardless.  

The BEEFALO game will be the big test for White. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The Vikings defense has not been good this year. With 10 days to reset for us this is an interesting study on the Vikings defense from a local paper. 

I expect the Vikings to not give MW much time. We will see. 

https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-vikings-film-study-patriots-blitz-danielle-hunter-donatell/600231002/

I'd be shocked if they blitzed a ton.  Their secondary is banged up and bad and Whites strength is getting the ball out quickly. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Think its time to see if MW can take some deep shots in this game if they are coming for him. 

He just needs to keep taking what they're giving him. There's no need to force feed deep shots. The strength of the WRs is RAC, that'll work just fine. 

• Upvote 2

You’d think that the Vikings would blitz more after seeing MW throw for over 300 yards vs. a Bears D that barely blitzed.

But according to the article, “The Vikings don't blitz very often — and it doesn't always go as well as it did last week ( vs the Pats)  It's also the first year with a new coaching staff, therefore they don't have layers of complex blitzes like they did under Mike Zimmer.”

by the way, the Vikings blitzed  Mac Jones just six times on 39 passing plays

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

I'd be shocked if they blitzed a ton.  Their secondary is banged up and bad and Whites strength is getting the ball out quickly. 

Agree, the vikes have game film from last year. They’ll see that he doesn’t hold the ball long. I’d think it would be wiser to not blitz and clog up the short and intermediate passes. Mix in press coverages and force him to hold the ball and see what he does in passing plays that take more time to develop. With that being said, the Vikings secondary isn’t great, what they’ll want to do and what they’ll actually be able to do are two different stories.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That dude lights up like a Christmas tree every time he catches a pass. My favorite part of last game, Zach’s the Grinch  that stole Christmas from Elijah! 

It's weird how people keep talking how much draft capital the team has invested in Wilson, and that's why Wilson will eventually see the field again.

Well, the team also has a top 10 pick and a # 34 overall pick invested in Garrett Wilson and Moore.  White gets them the ball, a lot, helps their development, and makes them happy.  I'd say that needs to be factored in heavily to the discussion too.  

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The problem defenses will have with blitzing White, is that will leave 1 on 1 matchup for at minimum one of Wilson, Moore, Davis or Conklin.  If White is able to read and react against that blitz, good luck winning those matchups as a defense.

Plus we can run the ball over there stupid Viking faces. No disrespect @Larz

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Mike White is like taking your kids to an amusement park and buying them an unlimited day pass. Zach drops them off at the park and tells him he’s going to get them tickets and spends the day in the photo box taking dick picks.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is....oddly specific.  

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I only did it once. My bad. 

@JiFields

• Upvote 1