Could Aaron Rodgers be available this off-season

Rhg1084

image.thumb.png.a5df7c473941b45a01932c002dd7ccbc.png

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the possibility of acquiring Rodgers? How many more years can he be productive for? If Mike White shows he’s capable of running this offense it wouldn’t be necessary. However, Rodgers will also be 40 next year but might make us a super bowl contender.

What would it take to get him? 2 1st round picks? I’d personally prefer Jimmy G > Rodgers at this point in their careers. Let’s just hope Mike White does enough where we don’t need to go QB shopping 

Just now, Jetlife33 said:

Didn’t he just get a huge deal? Doubt he gives that money up. 

Possibly but he looks really frustrated every single game I see him in and he isn’t playing well. Plus I’m not a fan of signing big money FAs, especially when they are getting old.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

If he's interested in playing for a couple more years because he wants to add a 2nd Super Bowl to his resume then I'd be okay with us trading for him.  No chance I'm giving up 2 #1's though.  I don't think I'd even give up 1 #1.  Possibly a 2nd rounder.  Doubt that would get it done but then you move on.

It's a real possibility that TB12 will be a FA next year.  So no need to go crazy for Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Assuming it’s determined that White or Zach are not the long term answers and are in the market for a QB my list would look like this:

1) Jimmy G

2) Carr 

3) Rodgers

4) Brady

5) Danny Dimes

6) Sam Darnold

If he plays on Zonovan Knight's team, his name will be "Zanny Zimes"

• Haha 2

The Athletic's football podcast speculated on this yesterday - specifically to the Jets. I think the cap hit seemed manageable unless I misheard listening at 2.5x speed - $16M. They put the price at a one and a two. Depends how the rest of the season goes.

I don't think the Packers trade him without a replacement in the mix.  Who wants to go to a team that looks that bad with a good QB? 

If the Packers trade him away, they will want a king's ransom. JD is not a GM to overpay. Woody probably still feels the sting of Favre, too.

IMO there's not a trade that makes sense for both sides. Rodgers hasn't looked anywhere close to as good as what the Packers will want in a deal. He doesn't look like he wants to play in GB--but maybe his heart isn't in football beyond a paycheck. What happens if JD pays to bring him in and then he has a temper tantrum and plays poorly in NY, too? There's a lot of risk involved at a lot of cost for a player that might retire after a year or walk away from the Jets after his contract ends in two years. This is a young team that needs a QB for the next five or more years. Bringing in Rodgers means the team needs to think about his replacement almost immediately, unless the plan is to sit White and/or Wilson behind him and hope he elevates them. 

IMO he's a better fit for the 49ers who can trade Garoppolo and evaluate Lance behind Rodgers. The value on both sides is more equal for the teams because SF can unload an expensive but unwanted player that fills GB's need for a reasonably competitive QB.  

4 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

IMO he's a better fit for the 49ers who can trade Garoppolo and evaluate Lance behind Rodgers. The value on both sides is more equal for the teams because SF can unload an expensive but unwanted player that fills GB's need for a reasonably competitive QB.  

Rodgers is a Northern Cali kid as well. Not sure he wants to ride out into the sunset playing in a refrigerator like he did with the Pack.