Willets Point, Queens

21 hours ago, Maxman said:

Moving the team to Queens at this point is a great way to:

1. Have people stop paying what is left on their PSL balance

2. Not sell another PSL

3. Lose a bunch of corporate sponsorship stadium $ with attendance being down

Better idea, stay out of the way and let Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh do what they are already doing. Fixing this franchise and selling out the larger stadium that you already paid for.

They aren't moving.

I don't know much about it, but isn't the problem with the current PSLs that they're team-game PSLs not stadium PSLs? I mean, because they sell 2 PSLs for the same seat because of the 2 teams. Don't other (1-team) stadium PSLs give the PSL-holder first dibs on concert tickets or is that a thing of the past? Jets/Giants PSLs are exclusively for Jets & Giants tickets, as far as I can tell.

If the PSL bought the holder more than just the ability to purchase season tickets to that one team, yeah I think they'll sell a lot of them. NYJ tickets are less of a big deal than it was years ago, when there was a years-long waiting list for season tickets.

Plus yeah it's kind of a pain to get to. You have to drive, basically deciding in advance this is the entire day. I used to do it when I was younger/single, but it's tougher now. If it was just a 4-5 hour thing round-trip then I might go more. To see a 1pm game and still have dinner at home rather than sit in traffic for 2 hours (outside of leaving early, or games when half the other fans leave early).

Plus it's cold and miserable. I missed the excitement of being there for Mike White's 2nd coming-out show, but all those camera shots of the stands made me happy to be watching from home. If they put a dome on a new stadium...maybe (plus who wants to see an outdoor concert in our sh***y northeast winters?).

Bah whatever; if they ever did this - which they won't - all it means is I'd probably go to a game or two per year. As things are I've stopped going altogether; too far away, too long to get there; too long to get home; plus the stadium is an ugly ****hole of cinderblock hallways. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

https://www.legalsportsreport.com/91307/addabbo-to-new-york-jets-come-back-to-queens/

@Maxman we still can't copy/paste with original article formatting ...

Original formatting has been gone for a while now.  I reported it a while ago and was told there's nothing wrong with it.  But it is gone.  Too bad.  Major downgrade for posting on a message board like this.  

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

https://www.legalsportsreport.com/91307/addabbo-to-new-york-jets-come-back-to-queens/

34 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Original formatting has been gone for a while now.  I reported it a while ago and was told there's nothing wrong with it.  But it is gone.  Too bad.  Major downgrade for posting on a message board like this.  

I just opened a ticket with the skin developer. Not sure why it isn't showing up. When we had him create these theme (skin) for us, we had the option when you pasted something. It could go in as formatted text or Rich Text. The Rich Text would keep the original formatting.

I will try to figure it out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't know much about it, but isn't the problem with the current PSLs that they're team-game PSLs not stadium PSLs? I mean, because they sell 2 PSLs for the same seat because of the 2 teams. Don't other (1-team) stadium PSLs give the PSL-holder first dibs on concert tickets or is that a thing of the past? Jets/Giants PSLs are exclusively for Jets & Giants tickets, as far as I can tell.

If the PSL bought the holder more than just the ability to purchase season tickets to that one team, yeah I think they'll sell a lot of them. It's less of a big deal than it was years ago, when there was a years-long waiting list for season tickets.

Plus yeah it's kind of a pain to get to. You have to drive, basically deciding in advance this is the entire day. I used to do it when I was younger/single, but it's tougher now. If it was just a 4-5 hour thing round-trip then I might go more. To see a 1pm game and still have dinner at home rather than sit in traffic for 2 hours (outside of leaving early, or games when half the other fans leave early).

Plus it's cold and miserable. I missed the excitement of being there for Mike White's 2nd coming-out show, but all those camera shots of the stands made me happy to be watching from home. If they put a dome on a new stadium... (plus who wants to see an outdoor concert in our sh***y northeast winters?) 

Bah whatever; if they ever did this - which they won't - all it means is I'd probably go to a game or two per year. As things are I've stopped going altogether; too far away, too long to get there; too long to get home; plus the stadium is an ugly ****hole of cinderblock hallways. 

Yeah PSLs should have some perks, even if it was two owners for two teams, would be nice if you got offered the concert tickets for those seats. Total rip off.

And going anywhere from Long Island isn't easy. It is a long island after all.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Jets don't have an identity in NJ and the Giants don't have one anymore either. MetLife is a cold, characterless stadium. You would have no idea who played at MetLife Stadium if there weren't people walking around with Jets/Giants gear.

None of that means they are leaving lol.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Trotter said:

This is all great back and forth but simply put woody is not leaving nj.

metlife cost 1.6 billion 12 years ago.

the queens stadium will cost 3 billion or more?

who is paying for it?

and if part of the finance is psl’s the bloodbath that occurred 12 years ago at MetLife will be many times worse

This.

4 hours ago, August said:

Not any time soon. Maybe not in many of our lifetime if we’re being honest. Woody has no reason to leave MetLife stadium. PS NJ is more Jets culture than Queens at this point. 

This too.

4 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

Didn’t have time to see all of the responses but wouldn’t playing in NY make the tax situation better for players? More attractive to play for us? 

The next person that saves money by dealing with NY Taxes will be the first.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, DLJ said:

Queens> that cesspool that is New Jersey.

That’s Giants stadium. Jets deserve their own stadium

What's so great about Queens?  The Mets have played there for 60 years and there is NOTHING around that stadium.  It's an awful spot to go for anything before or after a game.

• Post of the Week 1

The Jets are not going to leave their spectacular Atlantic Health Facilities in Morris County. Period.  So why would they want to travel across two bridges to play in a location much further from home? Not happening. And very dumb/ignorant.

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

The Jets are not going to leave their spectacular Atlantic Health Facilities in Morris County. Period.  So why would they want to travel across two bridges to play in a location much further from home? Not happening. And very dumb/ignorant.

Dude they practiced on Long Island and traveled to the Meadowlands for 2 Decades.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, FlightBoyz said:

Dude they practiced on Long Island and traveled to the Meadowlands for 2 Decades.

They have a state of the art facility in jersey. Much nicer than what was in Hofstra

The jets only real shot is the west side dome stadium in Manhattan ever getting built at some point

2 hours ago, FlightBoyz said:

Exactly! It was absurd.  And *that* will never happen again...   ever.  The entire jets brass, including the owners, live in NJ. They have a stunning state-of-the-art facility here and the only NYC option there ever could be would be Manhattan. 

Do you honestly think Woody is going to have his team travel from Florham Park to Flushing?  Hahahaha

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, batman10023 said:

how have your investments done since early 2000?

Woody has done very little that anyone else who owned the team couldn't have done.  A trust fund baby inheriting a trust  owing APPLE or Amazon since 2000 probably did better. Doesn't make that person smart per se. Woody could have fallen into a deep coma in 2000, and a trust of lawyers run the team and I bet it would be worth as much or more. Woody has made more errors in judgement but the NFL covers all mistakes.  

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Woody has done very little that anyone else who owned the team couldn't have done.  A trust fund baby inheriting a trust  owing APPLE or Amazon since 2000 probably did better. Doesn't make that person smart per se. Woody could have fallen into a deep coma in 2000, and a trust of lawyers run the team and I bet it would be worth as much or more. Woody has made more errors in judgement but the NFL covers all mistakes.  

the smart thing was buying the team.  remember at the time it was considered a dumb idea by many given the high price tag.

also, it is easy if you pick apple or amazon.  but what about the vast majority of those bubble stocks at the time...  not as good.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

As someone who worked behind the scenes on the WSS project I would luv this!!

Also I know that I’m in the minority on Woody but I was am ecstatic that he was Jets fan prior to him owning the team. 

I always give grace because of that fact alone!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Queens is one of the worst places on the planet. No thanks. Manhattan as it should have been. Westchester would be a suitable backup. 

No one outside of Long Island likes Long Island. And spare me the nonsense about the Jets "roots". The Jets' roots suck. We should shed them forever, not revisit them. If you still think NY sports have geographic lines, you're still living 40 years in the past.

Yes, geography doesn't count.  Put the Jets in Oklahoma. 

15 hours ago, DLJ said:

It’s a whole different state…

And?  
I lived in Staten Island/Brooklyn and traveled to Shea.  Lived in SI and traveled to Shea and then NJ.  Moved to NJ and traveled to GS.  States didn’t make a difference to me.  

8 hours ago, adb280z said:

What's so great about Queens?  The Mets have played there for 60 years and there is NOTHING around that stadium.  It's an awful spot to go for anything before or after a game.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

Queens and all points east. Long Island is the reason many of us are actually looking forward to the oceans rising. They'll be at the bottom of the sea and there will still be tons of traffic and doosh bags.

• Thumb Down 1

12 hours ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Nah not jealous.  Just still pissed that our (dim witted) owner got played like a violin by Charles Dolan and the corrupt state senators and blew a once in a lifetime opportunity to have an awesome building at the center of one of the greatest cities in the world.  Can you blame me?

What makes you think he’s dim witted, he inherited money?  Einstein would have been called dim witted if his father was rich?  
He didn’t get played, he ran into 2 politicians who wanted returns to their districts in return for their votes approving the stadium.  Went against Pataki, not Woody.  
We didn’t get a Manhattan stadium, if I was a TV watching fan I would have been happy to see it.  As a season tix holder, why I would want that nightmare.  What would a NYC cool location do for me or the team, nothing

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What makes you think he’s dim witted, he inherited money?  Einstein would have been called dim witted if his father was rich?  
He didn’t get played, he ran into 2 politicians who wanted returns to their districts in return for their votes approving the stadium.  Went against Pataki, not Woody.  
We didn’t get a Manhattan stadium, if I was a TV watching fan I would have been happy to see it.  As a season tix holder, why I would want that nightmare.  What would a NYC cool location do for me or the team, nothing

This guy just compared Woody Johnson to Albert Einstein.

Just shut the site down at this point.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

I’m being serious right now but I would happily accept genital herpes if it meant Jets move to Queens and leave that ugly ******* turd called MetLife. 

That has got to be the ugliest, stupidest design in all of sports. Like how did the Jets manage to downgrade? Moving back to Queens and having the stadium of our dreams would do wonders for this franchise.

So if the jets manage to get a home playoff game this year you won’t go because of the esthetics and layout of the stadium?

your call but I wouldn’t care if they played at bell stadium in orange nj, I would be there

• Post of the Week 1