Jets' C.J. Uzomah: Zach Wilson 'rubbed the team the wrong way' after Patriots loss

THE BARON

27 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm always been a fan of Zach and still believe he's been treated poorly by this fan base...

With that said, it can't just be a one of two comments immediately following a bad loss - that caused the team to completely turn on him.  There has to be something more than that.

Is it just that he wasn't playing well? Or was there more on a personal level?

Tough to know.

You see a lot of comments about something "going on in the locker room" over this season. Probably related.

• Upvote 2

I like him but he has a lot of nerve sharing this.....he hasnt exactly played up to his contract. He adds value dont get me wrong and I love his personality but dude, this didnt need to be said outside of the locker room. 

Edited by jetspenguin
I saw the video, I retract that, he didnt come off bad at all.
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This will be the bet thing to ever happen to Zach Wilson and this Jets franchise.  He has been served a dose of humble pie.  He will learn what it means to be a leader from this.

Matt hasselbeck gave a great example of something similiar happening to him when he got to seattle.  He was handed the starting job, was immature, was not a leader etc etc etc.  He got benched for Dilfer for awhile and when he earned the job back, he was 100% a better player and teammate because of it.

Zach will bounce back from this.  Hes here for at least 2 more years.  he will get another shot at some point during that time.

I don’t know, man. Didn’t Zach encounter this exact same scenario after his sophomore year at BYU? 

• Upvote 1

Zach doesn't need to be humbled.  He needs to play big in big games.  In the biggest game against our biggest rival he sucked. The suck was so great that my ears poped watching the game  from my living room in CT.  And yes CT is in New England which also sucks.

It's also pretty clear that he took off 2 weeks after the bye before the biggest game of the season.  Had he played well nobody cares.  Namath showed up a half hour before games hung over and put on a show.  Nobody cared.  It'a all about his play.  

He should have gotten his brain scoped when he got his knee fixed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Uzomah was paid specifically to come in and mentor Zach Wilson on how to be a professional. He spent all summer traveling around with that Zach/Berrios crew. If Uzomah is making this public, it must have been pretty rough sledding with him. Uzomah and Mosley are the two guys on the record as saying Zach ****ed up, and those are the two most respected leaders in that locker room. 

nah - he looks and talks like a goof sorry.  I don't think that was part of the deal.

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Zach doesn't need to be humbled.  He needs to play big in big games.  In the biggest game against our biggest rival he sucked. The suck was so great that my ears poped watching the game  from my living room in CT.  And yes CT is in New England which also sucks.

It's also pretty clear that he took off 2 weeks after the bye before the biggest game of the season.  Had he played well nobody cares.  Namath showed up a half hour before games hung over and put on a show.  Nobody cared.  It'a all about his play.  

According to John Schmidt Joe was well respected in the locker room. Being the big bonus baby a lot of veterans who weren’t making nearly as much as him gave him a really hard time and Joe never wavered if caved. He just took it. Became team captain and to a man all of his old teammates respected him and still do to this day Can only hope that Zach learns his lesson and gets the respect back from this team 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Uzomah was paid specifically to come in and mentor Zach Wilson on how to be a professional. He spent all summer traveling around with that Zach/Berrios crew. If Uzomah is making this public, it must have been pretty rough sledding with him. Uzomah and Mosley are the two guys on the record as saying Zach ****ed up, and those are the two most respected leaders in that locker room. 

Uzomah seems like a good guy.  Positive locker room presence.  However, I feel like a true leader doesn't go airing dirty laundry to an outsider.  It should stay in the family.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, Biggs said:

It sounds like Wilson might be a better fit out West. Didn’t he go all the way back to Utah during the bye? 

• Upvote 1