Jets' C.J. Uzomah: Zach Wilson 'rubbed the team the wrong way' after Patriots loss

THE BARON

Uzomah was paid specifically to come in and mentor Zach Wilson on how to be a professional. He spent all summer traveling around with that Zach/Berrios crew. If Uzomah is making this public, it must have been pretty rough sledding with him. Uzomah and Mosley are the two guys on the record as saying Zach ****ed up, and those are the two most respected leaders in that locker room. 
Agreed .. but for Zach to **** up that badly .. by extension Uzomah failed in his duty of mentoring Zach to be professional.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

I think Jamie Fox learned the same lesson when he was benched for Dennis Quaid.  A bold move by Pacino that hopefully will play out with similar results for Wilson and Salah.  Now if we can just get the writer of “Any Given Sunday” to write the script for the 2022 Jets we’d be in business.   Otherwise I don’t feel as optimistic.  

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude. This was the worst kept secret in the league. He also probably doesn't  care if Zack likes him or not after he ghosted him for 3 days. 

Again, you just don’t get it... This isn’t about Wilson “losing the locker room” through bad play and/or arrogance.
It’s about these clowns running to the press to air out things that should be kept in house. Ozumah is supposed to be a leader, and one of Wilson’s best friends. Turns out he was one of the first to throw him under the bus. That’s some leader, and some friend. ?

I don’t know why Saleh didn’t step in immediately and tell these losers this better not happen… It isn’t how a professional team should  behave, and it isn’t something a good HC should condone.

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Agreed .. but for Zach to **** up that badly .. by extension Uzomah failed in his duty of mentoring Zach to be professional.

Ozumah didn’t mess up as a mentor… Zach’s behavior is on Zach, nobody else.
Where Ozumah messed up is as a supposed team leader and a friend by airing dirty laundry in public.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

He did not get demoted by the supposed unfair treatment you speak of by the fan base. Clearly something has been cooking for a while, and the Patriots loss was the final drop

These are two different discussions.  
His poor play in why he was benched. 

The team completely turning on him is a different question.  It could just from poor play, but it feels like it’s more than that. 

Ozumah didn’t mess up as a mentor… Zach’s behavior is on Zach, nobody else.
Where Ozumah messed up is as a supposed team leader and a friend by airing dirty laundry in public.
Fair .. hey I like Ozumah.. I was responding to the report that he was brought in to teach Zach how to be a pro.... If that was the case... Seems pretty obvious that didn't work out.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Again, you just don’t get it... This isn’t about Wilson “losing the locker room” through bad play and/or arrogance.
It’s about these clowns running to the press to air out things that should be kept in house. Ozumah is supposed to be a leader, and one of Wilson’s best friends. Turns out he was one of the first to throw him under the bus. That’s some leader, and some friend. ?

I don’t know why Saleh didn’t step in immediately and tell these losers this better not happen… It isn’t how a professional team should  behave, and it isn’t something a good HC should condone.

I think you are so off base here it is insane. First off, nobody wanted to bench Zach, not Saleh, not JD, and not Woody. If there was a way for him to start against Chicago,  it would have happened. For them to bench him, the locker room had to have become so toxic, they had no choice. There is no other reason that would have happened if the players were not on the edge of revolt. The fact that it looks like a season saving move is like icing on the cake. This is also why Saleh keeps saying he wants Zach back. I personally  don't see how that happens but management  wants Zach out there, they just can't

This throwing Zach under the bus is laughable.  Uzomah  gained nothing except what he was paid to do the interview.  Throwing Zach under would have been sonething MLF could have done saying Zach jist won't  run the.plays correctly. What Uzomah did is just say what everyone already knew. Zach did this and everyone knew this was not going to sit well with the fans and team. I seriously think if Zach would have been booed by the fans had he started Sunday. Uzomah  did nothing wrong. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think you are so off base here it is insane. First off, nobody wanted to bench Zach, not Saleh, not JD, and not Woody. If there was a way for him to start against Chicago,  it would have happened. For them to bench him, the locker room had to have become so toxic, they had no choice. There is no other reason that would have happened if the players were not on the edge of revolt. The fact that it looks like a season saving move is like icing on the cake. This is also why Saleh keeps saying he wants Zach back. I personally  don't see how that happens but management  wants Zach out there, they just can't

This throwing Zach under the bus is laughable.  Uzomah  gained nothing except what he was paid to do the interview.  Throwing Zach under would have been sonething MLF could have done saying Zach jist won't  run the.plays correctly. What Uzomah did is just say what everyone already knew. Zach did this and everyone knew this was not going to sit well with the fans and team. I seriously think if Zach would have been booed by the fans had he started Sunday. Uzomah  did nothing wrong. 

This is why people get frustrated having a discussion with you.
You never pay any mind to what the other person says, you just ignore them and continue on with another rant. 

I don’t want to play your game… Have a good night.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

This is why people get frustrated having a discussion with you.
You never listen to what the other person says, you just ignore them and continue on with another rant. 

I’m not playing… Have a good night.

Dude, I made my point and refuted your points. There is only one other poster who reacts like you just did with me. We don't agree. Have a good night. 

59 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude. This was the worst kept secret in the league. He also probably doesn't  care if Zack likes him or not after he ghosted him for 3 days. 

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude, I made my point and refuted your points. There is only one other poster who reacts like you just did with me. We don't agree. Have a good night. 

Just one more thing. If you want people to engage with you on an adult level, maybe stop addressing them as “dude”? 

• Upvote 2

Inmo I don’t think they wanted to bench Zach at all either… this was supposed to be a small step 7 win team ..growing year for Zach. The problem is we got pretty damn good pretty damn quick this year. And this D is really good!! Cant waste any games seeing if Zach is the one. He single-handedly lost both Patriot games We should be 9-2. And the press conference was the straw that broke the camels back. It was the perfect storm..Saleh HAD to make that change.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm always been a fan of Zach and still believe he's been treated poorly by this fan base...

With that said, it can't just be a one of two comments immediately following a bad loss - that caused the team to completely turn on him.  There has to be something more than that.

Is it just that he wasn't playing well? Or was there more on a personal level?

Tough to know.

Elijah Moore would like Satan if he got him the ball in the end zone.  Not saying Elijah only, players in general. Get them that next contract and even Aaron Rodgers is tolerated.

• Upvote 3

Nothing will go further for ZW than becoming a better QB. I'm guessing not everyone on every NFL team has been 100% in love with their QB. Look at all the talk about Rogers being a d!ck.... Doesn't matter because for most of his career, he's won games. Zach doesn't have to be loved, he just has to win.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

I think Jamie Fox learned the same lesson when he was benched for Dennis Quaid.  A bold move by Pacino that hopefully will play out with similar results for Wilson and Salah.  Now if we can just get the writer of “Any Given Sunday” to write the script for the 2022 Jets we’d be in business.   Otherwise I don’t feel as optimistic.  ?

LOVE THIS SCENE!!!! 

13 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm always been a fan of Zach and still believe he's been treated poorly by this fan base...

With that said, it can't just be a one of two comments immediately following a bad loss - that caused the team to completely turn on him.  There has to be something more than that.

Tough to know.

LOL he sucks at football AND he’s a bad teammate

I mean it’s not that hard to figure out why he’s despised in the locker room 

If you can ball but you’re a douche, teammates and management will tolerate you.  When you suck at your job AND try to deflect any accountability, it’s like career suicide

If you’re struggling but you’re a stand-up guy like Darnold, you at least have a chance to turn things around, either with your current team or a team that’s willing to trade for you

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand this…

And you’ve got it backwards on your initial point

If anything, as fans, we’re the ones who have been “mistreated” by Wilson, having to watch him suck for 20 games and more specifically, watch him cost us 2 wins over NE and consequently, quite possibly a division title

He’s getting paid a ton of money to suck at his job 

There’s this weird subculture of Jet fans obsessed with protecting Zach Wilson’s image or feelings or ego or whatever seemingly above all else

It’s freaking bizarre

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jets0712 said:

Inmo I don’t think they wanted to bench Zach at all either… this was supposed to be a small step 7 win team ..growing year for Zach. The problem is we got pretty damn good pretty damn quick this year. And this D is really good!! Cant waste any games seeing if Zach is the one. He single-handedly lost both Patriot games We should be 9-2. And the press conference was the straw that broke the camels back. It was the perfect storm..Saleh HAD to make that change.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

See, this is where you guys lose me. This entire thread is talking about Ozumah going public about Wilson, nothing else.

Yet here you are agreeing with this guy about nobody wanting to bench Zach “until they had to”. Who in this thread said otherwise? Not a soul. Who disagreed with what Saleh did when he benched Zach? Not a soul.
Nobody even brought it up except the guy you’re quoting, who was just going off on a tangent. That entire first paragraph of his post had nothing to do with the discussion at hand. It was him ranting about nothing apropos to anything in this thread. 

9 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Tough to know.

More likely this was just the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Biggs said:

Zach doesn't need to be humbled.  He needs to play big in big games.  In the biggest game against our biggest rival he sucked. The suck was so great that my ears poped watching the game  from my living room in CT.  And yes CT is in New England which also sucks.

It's also pretty clear that he took off 2 weeks after the bye before the biggest game of the season.  Had he played well nobody cares.  Namath showed up a half hour before games hung over and put on a show.  Nobody cared.  It'a all about his play.  

He should have gotten his brain scoped when he got his knee fixed.

Actually Namath went through a period where he threw a lot of ints and the defense were upset with him early in the championship year.  They talked to him and he played a little smarter.  These things happen.  CJ is emphasizing that Zach got the message and the team appreciated his apology,  not that he rubbed them the wrong way in the first place.  Zach is young and can learn from this and hopefully become a better teammate because of it.  Whether he can fix his on the field issues is a real question, and you're right, that is the most important thing overall.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BCJet said:

There should be absolutely ZERO doubt among the fan base that JD knows how to build a football team and regardless of how this season plays out we should all feel downright thrilled with where the organization is.  This season could have spiraled out of control a number of times and instead, with some of the worst QB play in the league we are in the playoff hunt in december.

We have withstood training camp injuries, a QB controversy, in- season injuries all while winning games with a roster that is one of the youngest in the league.  Really amazing to see where the organization is today compared to when we had Adam Gase and Mike Macaganan here.

This

12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This will be the bet thing to ever happen to Zach Wilson and this Jets franchise.  He has been served a dose of humble pie.  He will learn what it means to be a leader from this.

Matt hasselbeck gave a great example of something similiar happening to him when he got to seattle.  He was handed the starting job, was immature, was not a leader etc etc etc.  He got benched for Dilfer for awhile and when he earned the job back, he was 100% a better player and teammate because of it.

Zach will bounce back from this.  Hes here for at least 2 more years.  he will get another shot at some point during that time.

Thank you. 

I truly believe that Zach Wilson is a talented QB who if he puts his head down and works will be a very very good QB.  

The ball is in his hands so to speak…

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Just one more thing. If you want people to engage with you on an adult level, maybe stop addressing them as “dude”? 

You really need to take that stick out of your ass. I have been using that term for about 50 years and nobody ever question my adulthood or knowledge  of a subject due to it's use until you just did it now.  Maybe if you don't  want people to think you are a stuck up old fart, you should try to defend your position of a normal point and counterpoint conversation instead of criticizing  someone use of a particular  noun.