TODAY IS DECEMBER 1

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

But so JETSY....  our team hinges on a late round journeyman.  LOVE the story but jeez we can't seem to hit on a QB. 

Im sorta moved on from Zach.

I understand the hesitation, but here’s what makes me optimistic about The Mike White Era as compared to most backup QBs who have fleeting success—1. Teams already know what White is and can do, so we’re not waiting on some as-yet-seen simple defensive adjustment that will topple him BECAUSE

2. White doesn’t seem to have any tendencies. He spreads the ball around, left side to right side, and isn’t depending on one or two receivers to make plays for him. He just runs the offense. That’s not easy to defend. Yes, the Bills kicked his ass last year, but the Bills kicked everyone (but Mahomes and Brady’s) asses last year. 

3. He’s hard to sack. He gets the ball off extremely quickly, which negates the pass rush. It’s not the best trait to have when you’re trying to come back from a deficit, but it’s fine if the defense is holding up. Tom Brady makes a lot of hay getting the ball off in 2.3-2.5 seconds. 

• Upvote 2

I see the defense playing better and getting more turnovers. Why? Because with MFW getting some points on the board, the D can afford to take a chance here and there (blitzes and turnovers) without feeling like one score will put the team too far behind to catch up. The defense will be rested with fewer 3 and outs, and even when drives aren't sustained, opponents will be pinned against their end zones/facing long fields instead of short ones. And of course, if they are ahead, the DL can go after the QB with malice and abandon.

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I understand the hesitation, but here’s what makes me optimistic about The Mike White Era as compared to most backup QBs who have fleeting success—1. Teams already know what White is and can do, so we’re not waiting on some as-yet-seen simple defensive adjustment that will topple him BECAUSE

2. White doesn’t seem to have any tendencies. He spreads the ball around, left side to right side, and isn’t depending on one or two receivers to make plays for him. He just runs the offense. That’s not easy to defend. Yes, the Bills kicked his ass last year, but the Bills kicked everyone (but Mahomes and Brady’s) asses last year. 

3. He’s hard to sack. He gets the ball off extremely quickly, which negates the pass rush. It’s not the best trait to have when you’re trying to come back from a deficit, but it’s fine if the defense is holding up. Tom Brady makes a lot of hay getting the ball off in 2.3-2.5 seconds. 

Interesting, reads a lot like the guy who he'll be facing Sunday.  Who was a 4th round pick and a very similar skill set, physical traits.  Weird how nobody questions why he wont "come back to earth".

• Post of the Week 3

12 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Started indoors late March. Moved outside after last frost. Harvest mid October. 6 weeks of curing at 63% RH. 

December 1. Reward.

My season was similar up here in Maine.

Mine was ready to jar up a little earlier though.

Toking Mash Up GIF