Now That We Finally Got Our QB...The Running Game

SoFlaJets

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It would completely shock me if white bombs the next 2 games.  I have him throwing for 300 yards and another 3 tds in Minnesota this Sunday.

Bam Knight is by far the best rb on the roster right now.  He is the lead guy moving forward.

Bam seems talented, but Chicago is so bad on D we will find out more in Sunday.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

No reason not to be excited and hopeful about White.  I am.  I hope he's the next Tony Romo or Kirk Cousins.

But to speak in conclusory terms about the Jets having "got our QB" is hilarious.

Any more hilarious that the past two season of Zach talk?

/shrug, let people have their hope and hype, at least in the moment before White comes back to earth.

If White is throwing up 77 yard games and people are still be hype, crush them (appropriately).

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree we "have our QB" as yet either, but for once we have a little late season hope based on actual on-field play instead of potential and draft position and elite upside, lol.  We may as well enjoy it.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Warfish said:

/shrug, let people have their hope and hype, at least in the moment before White comes back to earth.

If White is throwing up 77 yard games and people are still be hype, crush them (appropriately).

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree we "have our QB" as yet either, but for once we have a little late season hope based on actual on-field play instead of potential and draft position and elite upside, lol.  We may as well enjoy it.

Warfish, It's just a part of this guys online persona- every time he sees a thread or post I've made, this guy has to always make some derogatory comment, I have no idea what his problem really is, I do have my suspicions though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Why?  We'll all surely react accordingly if he starts stinking up the joint to a Zach Wilson level, be assured.

Till then, why not enjoy it.  Last week was one of the very few well-QB's games we've seen in recent years, it's exciting.  

He's fragile.  That worries me about his future career path and reliability.

More Knight = Good.  He earned some more carries last week IMO.

LOL, 2015 is the only "glory" this franchise has provided since the 1997-2010 period where the Jets were mostly not the SOJ most years (7 playoff years in 14 seasons, 11 of those 14 seasons with winning or .500 records).

I think Matt Forte didn't come until 2016. Top two RBs in 2015 were Ivory and Powell. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Warfish, It's just a part of this guys online persona-he has no life and I don't think he's ever started a thread of his own. Can you believe that? every time he sees a thread or post I've made, this guy has to always make some derogatory comment, I have no idea what his problem really is, I do have my suspicions though.

images.jpeg

Aww, the little Florida baby made another post!  Good for you, sweetie.

54 minutes ago, rangerous said:

not to rain on the mike white parade but if you watch the film of white versus the bills last season it was pretty clear he suffered from chuckitus duckitus.  the pressure forced him to rush his throws or throw off balance.  when he's clean he's as good as anyone else.

he was QB-ing a team that sucked and was down more than 3 touchdowns

56 minutes ago, rangerous said:

not to rain on the mike white parade but if you watch the film of white versus the bills last season it was pretty clear he suffered from chuckitus duckitus.  the pressure forced him to rush his throws or throw off balance.  when he's clean he's as good as anyone else.

Now do what every other QB did against Buffalo last season.  

2 hours ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

You sound like the actual Joe Namath poster on here lol 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Greatest Jets QBs of all-time:

1. Joe Namath
  2. Ken O'Brien
  3. Mike White

And he'll move into the # 2 spot in short order following our deep playoff run.

Get on board and get excited, folks.  

Ken Obrien stunk

• Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

White does thinking you need more than two games have to do with Zach Wilson.  Why is this repeated over and over.  Whites success has nothing to do with being wrong about Zach.  Who’s story isn’t even over

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It would completely shock me if white bombs the next 2 games.  I have him throwing for 300 yards and another 3 tds in Minnesota this Sunday.

Bam Knight is by far the best rb on the roster right now.  He is the lead guy moving forward.

Bam knight is not better than Carter. Just saying. Carter is good he is just slow. Breaks tackles very well. 

10 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Wow, sweetie, this is offensive!  I think you should apologize...

Seriously what is wrong with you dude. Every time you happen across one of my threads or posts you feel the need to start after me , for what? Are you that unhappy?  If I ever came across someone who I don't really care what they think, I don't click on their thread. You should take the same tact. Either that or fockin grow up man.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Untouchable said:

We have no idea if we have our QB.

Mike White developing into even a middle of the road starter over the next 5+ years would be a big Cinderella story.

But would it honestly shock anyone if he sh*ts his pants against Minnesota and Buffalo and the Jets make the switch back to Wilson?

Streveler! 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Untouchable said:

And if you think that Mike White comes close to accomplishing 1/100th of what Brady has, well, more power to you.

You guys are setting yourselves up to be blasted in the balls.

If Mike White starts the rest of the way and makes it clear that he should be the Jets QB of the future, then that’s awesome.

But you’re kidding yourself if you think that the odds even remotely favor it.

The most likely Jets starting QB in 2023 is someone like Jimmy Garoppolo or Derek Carr.

I'm not saying he will.  But nobody thought Brady would do what he did.  There is no harm in hoping for the best.  In fact, its more fun.

11 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Is what I want to see the Jets get squared away next. Losing Breece Hall was a devastatingly bad break (especially for a certain highly drafted QB) just as he was starting to come into his own. He started becoming the weapon that we hadn't seen around here since the Ryan Fitzpatrick "Glory Days" with Matt Forte and Bilal Powell rushing for over 1500 yards.Breece got hurt just as the Jets turned the season around from a probable SOJ type of year into that of a potential Super Bowl contender.

So now what happens? Of course Hall's #1 replacement Michael Carter also gets hurt and the Jets starting backfield is completely re-shuffled after James Washington failed to really do anything to open any eyes against the Pats twice 12 rushes for 27 yards or the Bills 13-48 and he was the guy who they picked up to hopefully replace Breece Hall.

Zach Wilson gets benched, MC gets hurt and James Washington is a flop so what does Saleh do? Something unheralded (Adjective: something not previously announced, expected, or recognized.) He sits Washington and puts Bam Knight into the #1 slot and gives Ty Johnson Washington's #2 slot. So in one week the Jets went from a backfield of QB Zach Wilson HB1 Bam Knight and HB2 Ty Johnson.

I don't think I've ever seen a team in this position do something THIS drastic. Now whether the low ankle sprain keeps Carter out of the HB1 spot or not is something we'll find out on Sunday. What we need to see this Jets team do is to get back to what started them on this amazing run, and RU N THE BALL with Bam Knight, Ty Johnson and MC. Ty Johnson is the hidden treasure especially coming out of the backfield as a receiver. Watching the Mike White highlights from last year the chemistry between White and Johnson was something that had me watching to see if it was still a "thing" or not, it is.

Let's see the Jets using that passing game to open up the run. 

tumblr_lgov2ci2NY1qdwi8oo1_500.gif

15 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Fat queer boy calling men sweetie-sorry fatso not interested go back to the mens rooms and call men those types of names 

Dude. wtf. You need to knock it off with noise. If you can’t handle being called “sweetie” on an internet forum without being a homophobic dickhead then maybe you should just put him on ignore and try reconsidering how you interact with other people. 

He might be a little annoying, but you’ve become disgusting.

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes he is.  Carter has done absolutely nothing this year.  I saw more from bam in 1 game then ive seen all year from carter.

I don't think I actually said that Zonavan Bam Bam Knight was "better" than Michael Carter but with MC struggling with a low ankle sprain Bam Bam is  a worthy replacement. I DO think that Ty Johnson is better than James Washington who is about to work his mouth himself right off the team with his criticisms of coach's decision. Remember they just signed another RB from the Cardinals Jonathan Ward and slid him over onto the Practice Squad.Here is Jonathan Ward's draft profile-he was a team captain and a threat out of the backfield to catch passes the role they were hoping JW would help at-a possible 3rd down guy https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jonathan-ward/32005741-5223-1319-7a39-25c10d8660c9

5 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Dude. wtf. You need to knock it off with noise. If you can’t handle being called “sweetie” on an internet forum without being a homophobic dickhead then maybe you should just put him on ignore and try reconsidering how you interact with other people. 

He might be a little annoying, but you’re disgusting.

as you sit there and call someone on the internet a disgusting homophobic dickhead maybe YOU should think about how YOU interact with people and situations that YOU know nothing about OK Sweetie?

20 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Is what I want to see the Jets get squared away next. Losing Breece Hall was a devastatingly bad break (especially for a certain highly drafted QB) just as he was starting to come into his own. He started becoming the weapon that we hadn't seen around here since the Ryan Fitzpatrick "Glory Days" with Matt Forte and Bilal Powell rushing for over 1500 yards.Breece got hurt just as the Jets turned the season around from a probable SOJ type of year into that of a potential Super Bowl contender.

So now what happens? Of course Hall's #1 replacement Michael Carter also gets hurt and the Jets starting backfield is completely re-shuffled after James Washington failed to really do anything to open any eyes against the Pats twice 12 rushes for 27 yards or the Bills 13-48 and he was the guy who they picked up to hopefully replace Breece Hall.

Zach Wilson gets benched, MC gets hurt and James Washington is a flop so what does Saleh do? Something unheralded (Adjective: something not previously announced, expected, or recognized.) He sits Washington and puts Bam Knight into the #1 slot and gives Ty Johnson Washington's #2 slot. So in one week the Jets went from a backfield of QB Zach Wilson HB1 Bam Knight and HB2 Ty Johnson.

I don't think I've ever seen a team in this position do something THIS drastic. Now whether the low ankle sprain keeps Carter out of the HB1 spot or not is something we'll find out on Sunday. What we need to see this Jets team do is to get back to what started them on this amazing run, and RU N THE BALL with Bam Knight, Ty Johnson and MC. Ty Johnson is the hidden treasure especially coming out of the backfield as a receiver. Watching the Mike White highlights from last year the chemistry between White and Johnson was something that had me watching to see if it was still a "thing" or not, it is.

Let's see the Jets using that passing game to open up the run. 

It’s agonizing when you consider what this team could have looked like the rest of this season with a healthy Breece Hall and AVT in concert with MW

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It’s agonizing when you consider what this team could have looked like the rest of this season with a healthy Breece Hall and AVT in concert with MW

Especially since most of us (those who love the Jets and not Zach Wilson first) were in the game thread screaming for Saleh to bench the QB and we could win the game. Zach Wilson was unable to compete on a professional NFL level at that point. That second Pats game was gift wrapped for us but it was because of Wilson that we lost that. game-oh yea, and also because of the zebras and their non-call after non call and then the big on on the game "winning" block in the back that was conveniently missed by all

18 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

No reason not to be excited and hopeful about White.  I am.  I hope he's the next Tony Romo or Kirk Cousins.

But to speak in conclusory terms about the Jets having "got our QB" is hilarious.

its nauseating. can't wait to come here on sunday to the "oh well, we are back to square one" posts. people cant stop overreacting to EVERYTHING.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SoFlaJets said:

as you sit there and call someone on the internet a disgusting homophobic dickhead maybe YOU should think about how YOU interact with people and situations that YOU know nothing about OK Sweetie?

No, you don’t get to do this. You are 100% in the wrong and have no defense. You came out with a personal attack (not permitted on this site) and flavored it with bigotry. Put me on ignore if you can’t handle it. If I get banned for my response to you, then so be it. People need to be held accountable for their words and I’d be happy to take a hit for this. There are members of the LGBTQ community that frequent this forum and are high quality posters and most importantly Jet fans. Meanwhile you try to make them feel small and don’t even know the names of players on the team. 

What a sh*t way to start the day. Grow tf up. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, the Claw said:

No, you don’t get to do this. You are 100% in the wrong and have no defense. You came out with a personal attack (not permitted on this site) and flavored it with bigotry. Put me on ignore if you can’t handle it. If I get banned for my response to you, then so be it. People need to be held accountable for their words and I’d be happy to take a hit for this. There are members of the LGBTQ community that frequent this forum and are high quality posters and most importantly Jet fans. Meanwhile you try to make them feel small and don’t even know the names of players on the team. 

What a sh*t way to start the day. Grow tf up. 

Look, just stop, this has all been dealt with internally and your opinions of me have no bearing in my life so I have chosen to not even read what you have written above and besides  it has no place on a Jets message board. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Gay slurs objectively the only form of bigotry unmoderated (ignored?) here.

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

.. finally got our QB ? 1 week against a terrible defense and you are here already ???? I guess the good thing is that he as a nearly as terrible D this week .. so this can continue for a while.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

What happens if he does it again this week? What about if the defense starts picking up looks balls and runs one in and then one of our star CBs gets a pick six on Cousins and the whole game plan changes to that of a run first offense and only 15 passes? What will be the excuse this week? Look Zach Wilson only plays if White gets hurt and then he MAY get to play the next week

16 hours ago, roscoeword said:

Ken Obrien stunk

He wasn't bad Roscoe, he was one tough S.O.B. that guy took a lot of hits when the rules of protecting the QB were still year away, late hits were "oh well, your line should have blocked better" Those were the days of 15 yard holding penalties too.

I love the Pro Football and History site you can find every play of every game you ever watched written about there-I use it a lot.

Kenny O's 1st season as Jets starter was his 2nd year he posted an 11-5 record 297 -488 25 TDs 8 INTs and was sacked 62 times! That's like 4 times a game! We had a few pretty good teams McNeil Hector and Tony Paige in the backfield. Welley Walker Al Toon, Kurt Sen, Jo Jo Townsell as well as Mickey Shuler and Rocky Klever at TE and O-line of LT Reggie McElroy, LG-Jim Sweeney C-Joe Fields-RG-Dan Alexander RT- Marvin Powell. That's a pretty damn good line-up. They lost to the Pats in the playoffs and they had the honor of having a refrigerator fall off a Chicago roof onto them in that Super Bowl.

In Ken O'Brien's 9 years as a Jet he threw 128 TDs and had 98 INTs and a QBR of 81.0

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Gay slurs objectively the only form of bigotry unmoderated (ignored?) here.

It sure seems that way sometimes, but I don’t know what goes into being a mod so I can’t really comment. I just call it out when I see it. Sometimes to my own detriment, but c'est la vie. 

An odd post since most of your posts have been anti-Zach (and therefore beyond reproach).  I will stick up for James Robinson. 

Joe Douglas is a miser.  Truly.  A skinflint cheapo.  Yet he gave up a 6th for this fella just a few weeks ago.  Not only that, he gave them a sweetener too.  It becomes a 5th if he gains 325 more yards!  Joe sees something here or he would have went with Bam.  That something is a guy who has produced - period.  Why did they dump him?  They drafted his "Zach Wilson" and he was showing them up. 

Jet fans!  So soon we forget those three carries at the end of the Bill's game starting from the 5 yard line.  Three carries for 40 yards.  That was the whole game right there.  Michael Carter took over and it inspired Zach to toss an accurate pass to Mims and we won.  But it was Robinson who towed us back onto the highway.  All by himself too.  That first carry he is stopped for two and refused to go down.  Dragging guys.  We were screaming.  So what gives?  Why the healthy scratch?

I think we activated Bam to absorb the punishment on a cold rainy day.  We wanted to save James Robinson's surgically repaired knee.  We are keeping him healthy for the stretch run.   I also think that Joe - in his heart of hearts - does not want to give up the sweetener.  He knew we would not need James Robinson's talents to beat the Bears.  We will need Robinson later in the year against the good teams.  A complete back, Robinson can stay in to protect Mike White when we call max protect.  If there was one weakness among the Jet running backs it was in pass protection.  Not anymore.  That is one of Robinson's calling cards.  He stones his man and discourages the blitz. 

Nor do I see Robinson as our starter.  That is clearly Michael Carter.  Lets hope he is not too banged up.  I was happy to see Bam and Johnson getting in on the action.  Perfect day for the kid.  Have at em kid!  But when it comes to crunch time.  It will be the complete back Robinson out there spelling Carter.  Our backs are fine.  Like the offensive line - who are better than we realize - they needed the passing game to come alive. 

Uh, Mike White.