Crystal Ball - How does the season end?

y2k8

Crystal Ball - How does the season end?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. WIth five regular season games remaining, how does the story of the 2022 NY Jets end?

• Miss the playoffs
    • Lose in the Wild Card round
    • Lose in the Divisional Round
    • Lose the AFC Championship game
    • Lose in Super Bowl LVII
    • A ticker tape parade down the Canyon of Heroes as "Champions of the Football World!"
  2. 2. How do the Jets enter the playoffs

• AFC EAST Champs
    • WILD CARD
    • They don't. SOJ for life!

It's December and the New York Jets are in position to be AFC East division champions.

Amazing just to think about really. I hope everyone is enjoying the ride. I know I am.

But that being said: What happens next?

We are entering the Final 5. 

Where does this go? How far? 

Put your name on it!

This Jets team is good enough to win the Super Bowl but I don't think they will. This is a team that is way ahead of schedule. Their chances will come in later years if JD doesn't screw the cap up. I do think they will make it to the divisional, either by winning a playoff game or by the #1 seed (Unlikely). 

We also have yet to see if Mike White can be consistent.

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

It's December and the New York Jets are in position to be AFC East division champions.

Amazing just to think about really. I hope everyone is enjoying the ride. I know I am.

But that being said: What happens next?

We are entering the Final 5. 

Where does this go? How far? 

Put your name on it!

Where is the I miss the draft forum this time of year choice? 

• Haha 2

I don't know why but I have a gut feeling this team is going to make a deep run this year.  I think we'll really be kicking ourselves about the injuries but I'm thinking we're going to be a gutty team that pulls out tough games (just like Rex's teams did in '09 and '10).

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who makes it over the Jets?

It's possible this year for the Jets to be 11-6 and miss the playoffs.

1 Chiefs 14-3

2 Phins 13-4

3 Bengals 12-5

4 Titans 12-5

5 Chargers 12-5

6 Bills 12-5

7 Ravens 11-6

8 Jets 11-6 Miss the playoffs due to HtH

I picked a bunch of games and all but maybe 2 or 3 were reasonable picks and I got this outcome. It's not totally far-fetched. This is if the Jets finish their last 6 games 4-2. If they do worse than that it's even more plausible. Going 5-1 in the last 6 is pretty much a lock for playoffs, but anything less and it's totally possible they don't make it.

To answer your question, Chargers, Bills, Ravens beat out, Bengals could have a switcheroo with Ravens too to beat the Jets out.

1 minute ago, y2k8 said:

So far, 85% say playoffs - at minimum.

I don't think I've seen this type of in-season positivity on JN/JI - ever.

Not even during the 2 Rex runs.

Jets are 7-4 and are playing a bunch of high-powered offenses and crappy defenses to finish the season, which are great matchups for the Jets and their shutdown D. If their defense keeps playing at a championship caliber then teams such as the Lions, Vikings and Seahawks - All who have good offenses and mediocre to putrid defenses aren't going to fare well against the Jets. Jacksonville isn't a good team this year either so a 11-6 finish is very possible. The Jets beat the Bills with Zach Wilson and Miami is about to face a gauntlet of good teams so it wouldn't be surprising if the Jets end up winning the division or going 12-5.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

So far, 85% say playoffs - at minimum.

I don't think I've seen this type of in-season positivity on JN/JI - ever.

Not even during the 2 Rex runs.

I haven't felt this optimistic about a Jet team since the Parcells days.  And those teams were built with older veterans.  This team is young and on the rise. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Hex said:

1 Chiefs 14-3

2 Phins 13-4

3 Bengals 12-5

4 Titans 12-5

5 Chargers 12-5

6 Bills 12-5

7 Ravens 11-6

I picked a bunch of games and all but maybe 2 or 3 were reasonable picks and I got this outcome. It's not totally far-fetched. This is if the Jets finish their last 6 games 4-2. If they do worse than that it's even more plausible. Going 5-1 in the last 6 is pretty much a lock for playoffs, but anything less and it's totally possible they don't make it.

To answer your question, Chargers, Bills, Ravens beat out, Bengals could have a switcheroo with Ravens too to beat the Jets out.

I didn’t mean that I believe it’s inconceivable, just wanted to know who he thought would beat the Jets to the last spot.  

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Hex said:

1 Chiefs 14-3

2 Phins 13-4

3 Bengals 12-5

4 Titans 12-5

5 Chargers 12-5

6 Bills 12-5

7 Ravens 11-6

That would stink. 11 wins and miss out. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Hex said:

1 Chiefs 14-3

2 Phins 13-4

3 Bengals 12-5

4 Titans 12-5

5 Chargers 12-5

6 Bills 12-5

7 Ravens 11-6

I highly doubt the 6-5 Chargers win the next 6 in a row and end up 12-5.

This would also mean that the Phins only loss would be @SD, so they would beat SF, Bills, and NE all on the road, and us at home. It could happen, but I'm not seeing it personally. 

Bengals have a hard schedule to play; I was assuming at first that you had them losing to KC, but the rest of KCs schedule is so soft the Cincy game is the one tough team they have left to play. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, Hex said:

1 Chiefs 14-3

2 Phins 13-4

3 Bengals 12-5

4 Titans 12-5

5 Chargers 12-5

6 Bills 12-5

7 Ravens 11-6

Chances of this happening seem so slim. Like @jamesr said, the Bengals have a tough schedule and the Chargers have to run the table. Not worried about this scenario at all.

11 is the magic number. 10 likely doesnt cut though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't know why but I have a gut feeling this team is going to make a deep run this year.  I think we'll really be kicking ourselves about the injuries but I'm thinking we're going to be a gutty team that pulls out tough games (just like Rex's teams did in '09 and '10).

I voted the last one Canyon of Heroes Parade but truth be told my true feelings are the same as yours Bro. I think this is a potential Super Bowl team IF we can stay relatively heathy at our most important spots  (QB, WR1, CB1 DT-those guys) and now here's the true wild card of it all IF  IF IF IF The Jets can start to get some breaks and IF the dirty scummy crooked zebras don't choose to hand the game over to the opposition you know, like they did against the Patriots in BOTH games this year. So yea if I were to vote my true feelings it would be "Lose in SB LVII

This thread is stressing me out.

I believe in this team.  I think we are really good, and after the slow start, we have played as well as anybody in the league, absent the QB play in the two NE games.  So I am optimistic about our chances.  But I am also superstitious.  I don't want to tempt the football gods.  Based on our history as Jet fans, whenever we start to get excited about our team, something happens.  So as much as I want to vote for a positive outcome on the season, I don't want that potential positive outcome documented in this thread.  But I don't want to vote for a negative outcome either, since I believe in this team.  I don't know what to do.  I think i will just sit this one out.

im-stressed-out-stressed-out.gif