The Jets will keep it close against the Vikings.

8 hours ago, CSNY said:

??Fidelio I basically posted the same thing about confidence of a Jets win just after you. 
I guess we are of the same age (64 years old for me) and we’ve been permanently scarred by this team 

This seems to be the reoccurring theme ?  You can add me to the group.  But I must say, there's truly a chance that we come out on top this time.  I won a nice chunk of change on the over 5.5 games.  I don't think I've ever won a bet betting on the Jets.  I have $100 riding on them making the playoffs, and $50 to win the Superbowl.  Sounds crazy, but I was certain they'd win at least 6 games, and that win has covered my other bets and then some - as planned.  If they make the playoffs, it's definitely a sign of a new era!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JiFields said:

Friends, the NFL is a match up league.  The Jets match up extremely well vs. the Vikings.  Static QB, who is average under pressure but takes a ton of sacks vs. the Jets who create pressure with their front 4 better than anyone.  Which allows their lock down corners who match up very well w/ the Vikings WR's, to do their thing while they have a veteran Safety duo that does a great job of preventing the big play.  A true field leader in the middle who has incredible presnap recognition and does a great job of playing the run, which, the Vikings dont do very well, and the Jets do a great job of shutting down.  So, basically, the Jets D is going to make the Vikings 1 dimensional, and the plays into the favor of the Jets pass rush and pass D.

This will 100% go to the 4th quarter and the better team will rise to the occasion and the better, more well rounded team who has the best 4th quarter defense in the NFL, is the NY Jets.  The Vikings D sucks donkey balls, Smith is the only threat of a pass rush and Mike White's ability to get the ball out fast, to multiple receivers and find check downs quickly, should negate this threat. The Vikings dont defend the run very well either, giving up 4.4 per carry and they're absolutely terrible at defending RB's out of the backfield, which is a strength of White's check down game and aligns w/ Knight and Johnson's strengths.  The Jets should win this game.  They are the better Football team and match up very well to the Vikings.

Good post.

Heres what else I think I know…

Vikings offense has only scored well vs. one legit defense: the Bills. Every other defense they’ve played at our level has kept them in check.

If we can limit Dalvin Cook’s yards after contact, I think we can keep him modest. 

Most importantly… Their OL is spotty. Our DL gets pressure only being 4. I think this gives us the opportunity to attack and expose Cousins. If he doesn’t have time, then I don’t think the chunk plays to Jefferson kill us.

Hockensin may be their most dangerous weapon vs. our defense, and I’m good with that. Dump offs to him means we’re not getting beat over the top.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Supersonic said:

How do you respond to that?  Is that a chickensh!t statement from a nervous and skeptical Jets fan? 

Personally, I think it should say "The Jets will win a close one against the Vikings."

I truly believe in this team.  Can't wait to see the Sauce/DB matchup against JJ.  Will the Jets pressure/sack Cousins consistently throughout the game?  Will the Vikings open big holes so Cook runs wild?  My thought is this game hinges on defense.  If the defense can contain the Vikings (for the most part), and slow down their high powered offense, they will win.  White just has to be decent, play clean and cautious, and the offense will score enough points to win.  Of course, they need to limit penalties and refrain from special teams blunders.  What say you?  LGJ!!!!

Kirk Cousins is a little bitch!  Jets win by double digits.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Good post.

Heres what else I think I know…

Vikings offense has only scored well vs. one legit defense: the Bills. Every other defense they’ve played at our level has kept them in check.

If we can limit Dalvin Cook’s yards after contact, I think we can keep him modest. 

Most importantly… Their OL is spotty. Our DL gets pressure only being 4. I think this gives us the opportunity to attack and expose Cousins. If he doesn’t have time, then I don’t think the chunk plays to Jefferson kill us.

Hockensin may be their most dangerous weapon vs. our defense, and I’m good with that. Dump offs to him means we’re not getting beat over the top.

JJ like Diggs, is going to get his, they are too good of players to shut completely down in this version of the NFL.  The key is like you said, limiting him, make him work for it Sunday, dont let him get loose for chunks at a time.  The cover 3 press and bail is designed to limit the big play and they have the dogs to execute, so I dont expect a go off day from JJ. 

Hock cant create problems but that might just mean a little more action from Kwon who has been as involved vs. some run heavy teams. 

I know the Vikings can score, they've got weapons but they're about to face the 5th best scoring D in the league and the best 4th quarter D in the league.  Such a weird thing to say being a Jets fan but w/ this pass rush and corner combo, they can stop anyone.  Anyone. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, JiFields said:

JJ like Diggs, is going to get his, they are too good of players to shut completely down in this version of the NFL.  The key is like you said, limiting him, make him work for it Sunday, dont let him get loose for chunks at a time.  The cover 3 press and bail is designed to limit the big play and they have the dogs to execute, so I dont expect a go off day from JJ. 

Hock cant create problems but that might just mean a little more action from Kwon who has been as involved vs. some run heavy teams. 

I know the Vikings can score, they've got weapons but they're about to face the 5th best scoring D in the league and the best 4th quarter D in the league.  Such a weird thing to say being a Jets fan but w/ this pass rush and corner combo, they can stop anyone.  Anyone. 

Yea, agreed. 

Not saying they will, but it’s nice to know they can. Let’s see them do it - us sorta my mind set.

22 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Jets defense has been really good this year. But Vikings are going to be a real test. Jefferson, theilien, hockenson, dalvin cook. They have tons of playmakers, and can keep the jets off balance. I expect the jets to have their hands full. 

Yes, that is why Jets need to stop it at the source which is Cousins the same way Dallas did.

On 12/2/2022 at 7:25 AM, Supersonic said:

How do you respond to that?  Is that a chickensh!t statement from a nervous and skeptical Jets fan? 

Personally, I think it should say "The Jets will win a close one against the Vikings."

I truly believe in this team.  Can't wait to see the Sauce/DB matchup against JJ.  Will the Jets pressure/sack Cousins consistently throughout the game?  Will the Vikings open big holes so Cook runs wild?  My thought is this game hinges on defense.  If the defense can contain the Vikings (for the most part), and slow down their high powered offense, they will win.  White just has to be decent, play clean and cautious, and the offense will score enough points to win.  Of course, they need to limit penalties and refrain from special teams blunders.  What say you?  LGJ!!!!

Jets win a laugher in Minnesota... 33-9

Listening to some Vikings fans talking about their thoughts on the matchup, they’ve shared their struggles with QBs that feast on the middle of the field and that seems to be perfect for Mike White. 

I’ve gone into each game thinking it comes down to our offense vs. the other team’s defense. This is the first week I think it comes down to our defense vs. their offense.