5 minutes ago, jbt said:

it will come down to Jets, Chargers and Pats for last spot

Jets - Vikes, Bills, Lions, Jags, Seahwaks, Dolphins

Chargers - Raiders, Dolphins, Titans, Colts, Rams, Broncos

Pats - Cardinals, Raiders, Bengals, Dolphins, Bills

Easy schedule for the Chargers scares me

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We can drop the Pats from the list of teams we need to watch. If we end up tied with them after last night, it means we collapsed.

We need to win more games than either the Chargers or the team that finishes second in the AFC North (Bengals or Ravens). Do that, and we’re a playoff team.

You'd think, unless of course the Pats win out.  Hard to see that happening though considering they still play the Bengals, Dolphins, and the Bills once again.

10-7 should guarantee us finishing ahead of the Pats.  That would mean the Pats have to lose 2 more games, which considering their schedule it seems pretty likely.  I'm personally hoping for 11-6 though.  Really hoping we win at least one of these next two.  

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Yeah I'm not banking on the Raiders doing sh*t.

It's sad to think where we could be if we'd have moved from Zach before the Pats games - alas we are where we are.

I think if we drop the next two games the season will essentially be regarded as over and we'll go back to Zach to give him the last bit of rope needed to hang himself. With Zach I fully expect us to drop some games we should otherwise win, we had close run things before against bad teams because we had nothing from the QB. 

If White can split the next two games then we should be making the playoffs and things will get really exciting. 

Even at 7-6, we can get to 10 by beating the Jags and Lions at home, or Seattle on the road (which would be tough).

This would set up the last game in Miami as a likely win and in for us, maybe Miami also depending on how they do on this upcoming 3 game road trip.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Jets must beat Lions and Jags, first and foremost.

They need to also beat at least one of Minny/Seattle.

They do that, I think they're in.

Better still if they can steal one from Miami or Buffalo, but I have my doubts.

10 wins.  Get to 10 wins.  Start Sunday, kick Kirk Cousins ass, right @Jetsfan80!

I think the Bills will be tough but I think the Jets are going to win this week, which will put them in pretty decent position.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I think the Bills will be tough but I think the Jets are going to win this week, which will put them in pretty decent position.

A win this week would be huge. Lose, and we’re going down to the wire with this.

***the Chargers pulling a Charger-like collapse again this year would make things simple though. That’s our best case scenario.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Even at 7-6, we can get to 10 by beating the Jags and Lions at home, or Seattle on the road (which would be tough).

This would set up the last game in Miami as a likely win and in for us, maybe Miami also depending on how they do on this upcoming 3 game road trip.

I'd fancy Seattle more than Miami unless the latter are somehow resting starters. With Tua they're a different proposition. The first game was also a lot closer than the scoreline indicated. 

Gun to my head - I think we finish with 10 wins - which I'd be happy with whether we make the playoffs or not. This team has taken huge strides regardless of how the season ends. 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

You'd think, unless of course the Pats win out.  Hard to see that happening though considering they still play the Bengals, Dolphins, and the Bills once again.

10-7 should guarantee us finishing ahead of the Pats.  That would mean the Pats have to lose 2 more games, which considering their schedule it seems pretty likely.  I'm personally hoping for 11-6 though.  Really hoping we win at least one of these next two.  

If White plays well, the Jets will probably win their next two.  I have doubts about Mike White, but if he does indeed play well, the Jets should win their next two and quite probably go 11-6

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I'd fancy Seattle more than Miami unless the latter are somehow resting starters. With Tua they're a different proposition. The first game was also a lot closer than the scoreline indicated. 

Gun to my head - I think we finish with 10 wins - which I'd be happy with whether we make the playoffs or not. This team has taken huge strides regardless of how the season ends. 

I feel the same way.

I’ll be honest though, if the Chargers didn’t pull off that last second TD and 2 point conversion Sunday for a win, I’d be all about us as a lock for the playoffs.

This sh*t ebbs and flows like crazy. It’s a fun ride we haven’t been on for a while.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

If White plays well, the Jets will probably win their next two.  I have doubts about Mike White, but if he does indeed play well, the Jets should win their next two and quite probably go 11-6

I think 90% of us would be very surprised to beat both Minny and Buffalo, but what the heck, if you’re gonna dream, dream big! ?

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I think 90% of us would be very surprised to beat both Minny and Buffalo, but what the heck, if you’re gonna dream, dream big! ?

The Jets have a better roster than both of those teams and their coaching is very good.  It has not been apparent because of Zach Wilson, but Mike LeFleur is a tremendous OC.  The Bills have a QB and a solid defense and the Vikes have a hot QB and the best WR in the game.  The Jets have everything else.  I'd actually prefer the Jets defense to Bills.  If White can cut it, the Jets are the better team.  We also see how they play from start to finish.  The current Jets have no let-down in their game.  ZW has been so awful, he has prevented the Jets from winning games by bigger margins and he prevented them from winning three games that the should not have lost.

The Jets are a very good and well coached team in search of a QB.  If White can do it, we'll see playoffs and wins in the playoffs. 

41 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Yeah I'm not banking on the Raiders doing sh*t.

It's sad to think where we could be if we'd have moved from Zach before the Pats games - alas we are where we are.

I think if we drop the next two games the season will essentially be regarded as over and we'll go back to Zach to give him the last bit of rope needed to hang himself. With Zach I fully expect us to drop some games we should otherwise win, we had close run things before against bad teams because we had nothing from the QB. 

If White can split the next two games then we should be making the playoffs and things will get really exciting. 

if we only win lions/jags game our odds are about 30% to make the playoffs.

win 1 more and our odds move up to 65-75 (depending on who we beat).

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

The Jets have a better roster than both of those teams and their coaching is very good.  It has not been apparent because of Zach Wilson, but Mike LeFleur is a tremendous OC.  The Bills have a QB and a solid defense and the Vikes have a hot QB and the best WR in the game.  The Jets have everything else.  I'd actually prefer the Jets defense to Bills.  If White can cut it, the Jets are the better team.  We also see how they play from start to finish.  The current Jets have no let-down in their game.  ZW has been so awful, he has prevented the Jets from winning games by bigger margins and he prevented them from winning three games that the should not have lost.

The Jets are a very good and well coached team in search of a QB.  If White can do it, we'll see playoffs and wins in the playoffs. 

you are insane with your Zach hatred.

Zach has only lost 2 games this year, so not sure how you are coming up with the "winning three games they lost"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Jets remain in 7th. 

Very important Chargers lose to Raiders. (Tie breaker by conference goes by conference w/l pct) 

Bengals loss to Chiefs will drop them to 7-5. 

Jets winning Sunday be huge in starting to seperate from the pack with a little help with loses from Bengals and Chargers. 

If the Jets lose and Chargers lose, Jets will remain in 7th. 

Ty OP, this is the thread I've been waiting for all week :)   The Pats lost thread.  Go Jets!

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

there is a good chance Miami will be resting starters that last week.

i don't think they can catch bills and win the division.  ideally they lose to 49ers and the bills and win the other 3 games and they are locked in for a WC spot

9 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

if we only win lions/jags game our odds are about 30% to make the playoffs.

win 1 more and our odds move up to 65-75 (depending on who we beat).

Neither of those games are a gimme either - Both play most teams tough. Wouldn't be shocked if we lose one of those and win another or two elsewhere. 

• Upvote 2

If the Jets win this weekend against the Vikings they are in great shape.

A Jets win and a Chargers loss would make it really tough for the any team to catch the Jets for that final spot. I just don't think the Patriots are going to be able to get to 10 wins now.

Jets could always do Jets things though lol. Hopefully with the regime we are moving past that.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We’re not allowed to speculate on our playoff chances in a thread asking about our playoff scenario?

Just for clarification purposes before I answer is "we're" refering to you specifically or you and other posters?  

• Haha 1

Boy oh boy do are these threads so much more refreshing than the fire jd and Saleh threads... we just need to take care of our own business and win Sunday...if we get past the vikings... we'll be in very good position... the chargers squeaking out that win hurt Sunday...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1