UPDATED PLAYOFF PICTURE POST PATS LOSS

kevinc855

Pissed Jets lost twice to the Pats.  Anyway...

I still have hope for the AFCE title.  That's why I wanted this outcome of a Bills win.  I mean...why not?  Jets just one game behind the two teams...Bills-Dolphins...they've already beat.  For sure Jets need to take care of business against  the Vikings, etc. 

From now on in...every game is a playoff game.  Each one gets bigger then the other.  I love how this season has unfolded.

Just win baby!

• Upvote 1

On 12/2/2022 at 9:48 AM, jbt said:

it will come down to Jets, Chargers and Pats for last spot

Jets - Vikes, Bills, Lions, Jags, Seahwaks, Dolphins

Chargers - Raiders, Dolphins, Titans, Colts, Rams, Broncos

Pats - Cardinals, Raiders, Bengals, Dolphins, Bills

I said it right after the last Jets-Patriots game, and I'll say it again.  The Patriots will not win 10 games this year. They will lose at least 2 of the 3 to the Bills, Phins and Bengals.  That would put them at 9 wins.  They might even lose to the Cardinals. Without the Jets, they are a 4-6 team.  They have to win 4 out of the remaining 5 games to get to 10.  I just don't see it.  If the jets don't get to 10, then they don't deserve the playoffs.

On 12/2/2022 at 9:42 AM, kevinc855 said:

Jets remain in 7th. 

Very important Chargers lose to Raiders. (Tie breaker by conference goes by conference w/l pct) 

Bengals loss to Chiefs will drop them to 7-5. 

Jets winning Sunday be huge in starting to seperate from the pack with a little help with loses from Bengals and Chargers. 

If the Jets lose and Chargers lose, Jets will remain in 7th. 

Jets win the next 2 weeks they are in first bearing that Miami loses 1 game

On 12/2/2022 at 6:48 AM, jbt said:

I think the Ravens are gonna slide down the stretch. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/2/2022 at 10:12 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

This team genuinely feels different.  And if we were fully healthy, we'd be an absolute force.

you mean if the qb situation was truly settled the jets would be a force.  all teams are nicked up at this point.  the jets seem to have fewer injuries than in season's past.  i think the jets are in pretty good shape at the moment.

the thing is, who cares what teams beat what teams as far the jets playoff hopes go.  all the jets have to do is win every sunday or at least only lose 2 of the next 6 games.  they do that and they likely win the division.

23 minutes ago, rangerous said:

you mean if the qb situation was truly settled the jets would be a force.  all teams are nicked up at this point.  the jets seem to have fewer injuries than in season's past.  i think the jets are in pretty good shape at the moment.

One of the benefits of 'still being in it' are that injure players have more impetus to return to the field.  You see it all the time...bad teams are always 'injured', and to some extent the impetus to return to the field can be smaller specially for an established player.

• Upvote 1

On 12/2/2022 at 2:48 PM, jbt said:

If not for Zach Wilson the Pats have 4 wins right now.  Would be surprised if they don't fall out of it in the coming weeks.

• Sympathy 1