Wilson Inactive again this week

kevinc855

46 minutes ago, Larz said:

“Zach, we love you, we still have plans for you, but we don’t want to risk you playing under any circumstances “

How to ruin a QB 101

Right now, don't care.

We have a team that may have been 9-2 if Zach wasn't playing.

It's the NFL .

And finally we have coaches who are coaching like it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Wilson has had “the yips” for over a year. This is going to take many months to fix. He needs to rebuild himself as a QB. He should be inactive all year and be the backup next year/2024.

Needs to start by truly working on the fundamentals.  I think the yips will fade if he has good footwork.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Larz said:

Saleh is full of sh*t. All the other GMs know it.  This could get ugly once Zach and his agent realize they need to get in front of this and save what’s left of his reputation 

The jets screwed this up from his rookie camp. 

The Jets screwed this up by showing up at Zach Wilson’s pro day and selling their souls to Steve Young and the Wilson family. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I disagree, his mental game is way off. His decisions on and off the field caused this to happen. A composed and mentally strong qb in the right frame of mind does not answer that question with a “no”.

Sure. It's a symptom of the problem. But not the actual problem.

If he needed just a "time out" for being a bad boy in the heat of the moment, he'd dress on game day. 

Put another way, if he didn't give that answer to the reporter, he'd still be inactive. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Wow!! IMO this is sending a strong message to Zach.... this reset will take as long as it needs to, until you can show us you read a Defense and the mechanics are locked in. I wouldn't be shocked if, every QB stays healthy, he's done for the rest of the season.

nobody expected this to be a 1 week reset.  my guess best case was 3 games, and he comes back after Bills game.

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Cimini said it best when asked why Zach was inactive. Was it to send a message? Is he hurt? Is it punitive? Cimini’s response: “It’s because he’s the third best quarterback on the team.”

Cimini was being kind. I'd run the wishbone with Streveler before I put Zach back in a game.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

It’s all turned very mean spirited. To me it seems the kid tried his best. He practiced hard, put in the work, he just didn’t cut it. Despising him for wealth, his looks, etc., seems like jealousy. His “no” statement after the Pats debacle was I’ll-advised, it’s true, but he apologized to the team and by all accounts it was heartfelt. Mike White’s doing fantastic. He obviously deserves to play, and the Jets are flying high, but this celebration of Wilson’s downfall feels like schadenfreude. The kid did try to win for you. He just failed. Kicking him when he’s down and wanting to run him out of town, I don’t know. It’s ugly.   I’ll probably be ridiculed for saying it, but that’s how I see it.  Anyway, Go Jets and  beat the Vikes, Mike! 

If I say he is a bust, it's not personal, it's just football.  

If I say he's a dirty scumbag, that's personal, that's not football.

As long as folks understand that distinction.  Being critical of his play/performance, or doubtful of his future outlook, is not "hate" as is so often claimed.

Making derogatory remarks about him personally, unrelated to football, or about his family, or the like, is (I agree) uncalled for.

Fans gonna Fan, they love too hard, then they hate too hard.  

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

It’s all turned very mean spirited. To me it seems the kid tried his best. He practiced hard, put in the work, he just didn’t cut it. Despising him for wealth, his looks, etc., seems like jealousy. His “no” statement after the Pats debacle was I’ll-advised, it’s true, but he apologized to the team and by all accounts it was heartfelt. Mike White’s doing fantastic. He obviously deserves to play, and the Jets are flying high, but this celebration of Wilson’s downfall feels like schadenfreude. The kid did try to win for you. He just failed. Kicking him when he’s down and wanting to run him out of town, I don’t know. It’s ugly.   I’ll probably be ridiculed for saying it, but that’s how I see it.  Anyway, Go Jets and  beat the Vikes, Mike! 

Only morons would celebrate this.  I think Zach is going to learn alot from this and sometime over the next 2 years, he is going to be called upon to play and is going to be the franchise qb we drafted him to be.

But for the rest of this year, its over.  He should not be mentioned on this board until the offseason.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Yeah his brain 

mission accomplished.  I’m sure Zach and his agent are planning his exit. 

they ruined his trade value in the process. 

Wilson already was not processing things and if his psyche was so fragile  he can't  handle being benched, he couldn't  handle being in the NFL. Same thing happened to Tua and he is doing just fine. Also, what trade value.  He is the worst QB in the league. We might get a third from someone that thinks they can fix him but that is the top of the market.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If I say he is a bust, it's not personal, it's just football.  

If I say he's a dirty scumbag, that's personal, that's not football.

As long as folks understand that distinction.  Being critical of his play/performance, or doubtful of his future outlook, is not "hate" as is so often claimed.

Making derogatory remarks about him personally, unrelated to football, or about his family, or the like, is (I agree) uncalled for.

Fans gonna Fan, they love too hard, then they hate too hard.  

Good points, Warfish. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

I can see your point (and some of it is mean spirited) but I think the vast majority of criticism on this board is justified. When you mix it all together, it can sound personal. It's a fine line.

But if you saw the thread about Booger MacFarlane's comments, JN's reaction pretty much thought he was an ignorant a-hole for saying that about Zach's upbringing.

Zach's biggest problem is that he is terrible at playing Qb in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He will be inactive for the rest of the season barring injury.  Hes mentally shot.  Cant put him out there.

He can be rehabilitated, but it is going to take months.  

Zach wilson will not wear a jersey on gameday until next year.

Yea, I generally agree with you. Hopefully they can help him get right and give us something.

2 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I can see your point (and some of it is mean spirited) but I think the vast majority of criticism on this board is justified. When you mix it all together, it can sound personal. It's a fine line.

But if you saw the thread about Booger MacFarlane's comments, JN's reaction pretty much thought he was an ignorant a-hole for saying that about Zach's upbringing.

Zach's biggest problem is that he is terrible at playing Qb in the NFL. 

I can’t argue it. And I sure am pulling for him. For now we hitch our star to Mike and hope he keeps shining like he has with this opportunity! 

• Upvote 1