Wilson Inactive again this week

kevinc855

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He will be inactive the rest of the year barring injury.  As Jet fans, we need to stop even discussing the player.

We can bring this back up in the offseason, but for now, there should not be one mention of Zach Wilson for the rest of the year.  He is irrelevant.

If someone opens a "Zach is inactive again" thread next week, they should be banned from the board.

Its over for this year.  Stop discussing him.

Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

nobody expected this to be a 1 week reset.  my guess best case was 3 games, and he comes back after Bills game.

Only if White begins to falter. They could make him the number two behind White if he is still the starter and put Streveler back down to the practice squad.

• Upvote 1

He will be inactive the rest of the year barring injury.  As Jet fans, we need to stop even discussing the player.
We can bring this back up in the offseason, but for now, there should not be one mention of Zach Wilson for the rest of the year.  He is irrelevant.
If someone opens a "Zach is inactive again" thread next week, they should be banned from the board.
If MW wins the next 2 games you won't have to worry about anyone mentioning ZackFB_IMG_1669638989744.jpeg

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Haha 4

It’s all turned very mean spirited. To me it seems the kid tried his best. He practiced hard, put in the work, he just didn’t cut it. Despising him for wealth, his looks, etc., seems like jealousy. His “no” statement after the Pats debacle was I’ll-advised, it’s true, but he apologized to the team and by all accounts it was heartfelt. Mike White’s doing fantastic. He obviously deserves to play, and the Jets are flying high, but this celebration of Wilson’s downfall feels like schadenfreude. The kid did try to win for you. He just failed. Kicking him when he’s down and wanting to run him out of town, I don’t know. It’s ugly.   I’ll probably be ridiculed for saying it, but that’s how I see it.  Anyway, Go Jets and  beat the Vikes, Mike! 
This is true

If I say he is a bust, it's not personal, it's just football.  
If I say he's a dirty scumbag, that's personal, that's not football.
As long as folks understand that distinction.  Being critical of his play/performance, or doubtful of his future outlook, is not "hate" as is so often claimed.
Making derogatory remarks about him personally, unrelated to football, or about his family, or the like, is (I agree) uncalled for.
Fans gonna Fan, they love too hard, then they hate too hard.  
This too is true

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He will be inactive for the rest of the season barring injury.  Hes mentally shot.  Cant put him out there.

He can be rehabilitated, but it is going to take months.  

Zach Wilson will not wear a jersey on gameday until next year.

I think you are quite right.  And I think this is the BEST way to handle the whole matter.

We have adults running this team now.  Revel in it.  This kid needs to sit and rethink things.  He can't just sling it.  He has to believe he has enough talent to learn the things he needs to learn in order to play with the big boys.  If not, no shame in it.  Lots of us would DREAM of being drafted into the NFL.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Larz said:

“Zach, we love you, we still have plans for you, but we don’t want to risk you playing under any circumstances “

How to ruin a QB 101

Yep- all the Jets fault.  Not Wilson.

Please..  this is the best thing for him since he was getting worse, not better.

The guy is a mess mentally.  This is a chance to save him, whether or not he is on the Jets.

I will agree that it was ‘odd’ that Saleh said they’ll look to get him back in there.  Why?  Until he fixes the deep root issues, that can only hurt him.  It’s like telling an Army Vet suffering from PTSD to get back into battle.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Yep- all the Jets fault.  Not Wilson.

Please..  this is the best thing for him since he was getting worse, not better.

The guy is a mess mentally.  This is a chance to save him, whether or not he is on the Jets.

I will agree that it was ‘odd’ that Saleh said they’ll look to get him back in there.  Why?  Until he fixes the deep root issues, that can only hurt him.  It’s like telling an Army Vet suffering from PTSD to get back into battle.  

I think id like to see Zach as back up.  Let him dress.  BUT, this is a real problem and the solution is difficult. Im behind Saleh 100 percent.  Wont second guess him.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Cimini said it best when asked why Zach was inactive. Was it to send a message? Is he hurt? Is it punitive? Cimini’s response: “It’s because he’s the third best quarterback on the team.”

Probably 4th.  Don’t underestimate Flacco ;). 

It’s clear to me that White and Streveler are both better ;).  

Let’s be clear Tom, ‘we’ could have hit some of those throws Zach missed.

I’ll also state that I follow the philosophy of @Warfish in that I don’t hate on Wilson because he might be a bust.  He is a young man who might have crumbled under the immense pressure he put on himself.  I’ll be rooting for a comeback story, here or on another team.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Probably 4th.  Don’t underestimate Flacco ;). 

It’s clear to me that White and Streveler are both better ;).  

Let’s be clear Tom, ‘we’ could have hit some of those throws Zach missed.

I’ll also state that I follow the philosophy of @Warfish in that I don’t hate on Wilson because he might be a bust.  He is a young man who might have crumbled under the immense pressure he put on himself.  I’ll be rooting for a comeback story, here or on another team.

Agreed. I hope he has a nice, long career going 6-11 for the Texans every season 

• Haha 2

I don't think this is the last we see of Zach.  The talent is there.  He's a film junkie and by all accounts he works very hard.  

They need to break him down to the basics, drill the fundamentals in his brain until it's second nature, and rebuild him.  The draft capital was already spent.  Why dump it for nothing when you own him cheaply for two more years before having to choose to pay him real money?  Everyone said over and over how he was a project player.  They realize this now and will try to develop him I guess.  Hopefully he can still be what I hoped, but it's looking pretty grim. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He will be inactive for the rest of the season barring injury.  Hes mentally shot.  Cant put him out there.

He can be rehabilitated, but it is going to take months.  

Zach wilson will not wear a jersey on gameday until next year.

For a sec I thought we were talking about Zach Wilson the drug addict

Rehabbing from the “disease” of trash QB play is a new one ???

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I don't think this is the last we see of Zach.  The talent is there.  He's a film junkie and by all accounts he works very hard.  

They need to break him down to the basics, drill the fundamentals in his brain until it's second nature, and rebuild him.  The draft capital was already spent.  Why dump it for nothing when you own him cheaply for two more years before having to choose to pay him real money?  Everyone said over and over how he was a project player.  They realize this now and will try to develop him I guess.  Hopefully he can still be what I hoped, but it's looking pretty grim. 

Yup. He is basically a rookie again that is going to sit for a year + 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets screwed this up by showing up at Zach Wilson’s pro day and selling their souls to Steve Young and the Wilson family. 

Watching that pro day was torture for me.

Hay was already in the barn and JD was clearly smitten.

Was an absolute joke.

But in the end maybe it was all for the best.

We prob don’t end up Sauce at #4 if a non-Wilson QB is the ‘21 starter 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Larz said:

“Zach, we love you, we still have plans for you, but we don’t want to risk you playing under any circumstances “

How to ruin a QB 101

lol what?  

I thought the prevailing argument was that playing him ruined him and he needed to sit?  So which is it?  Or do you really think that activating him as the QB2 or QB3 makes a lick of difference?

Absurd.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We went from banning people for saying anything negative about Zippy to now banning for even mentioning his name in under a season. lmao

ronald mcdonald fun GIF by McDonald's CZ/SK

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Does that make me a Philosopher?  I always wanted to be one of those. 

But absolutely, +1.

• Upvote 2