*** College Game Day 12-02 and 12-03 ***

Beerfish

20 minutes ago, section314 said:

Gotta think Georgia and Michigan are in no matter what. If USC or TCU lose, not not both, Alabama is on. OSU is dead man walking. Only way they get in is if both #3 and #4 lose.

I think it is an "or" not an "and". If USC loses, OSU is in.  There are 5 teams with 1 or 0 losses.  If USC loses that leaves 4.  No way a 2 loss team gets in ahead of Ohio State. 

If TCU loses, you have a one loss TCU or one loss Ohio State.  I doubt the committee takes TCU over the Buckeyes in that case.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RobR said:

Caleb Williams is not human.

I am rooting for USC, but they scare me more than anyone else in this postseason.  When teams score on us it is the big play over the top, and the way Williams avoids pressure and keeps his eyes downfield, you can do everything right on defense, but still give up a huge gainer.  Williams is a big play machine and that is what can beat us.

And then their defense awful against the pass, but we are not exactly the dynamic offense to take advantage of it.  I am rooting for SC, becuase I don't want to see Ohio State in the playoff, but I don't like the way we match up against them.

Just now, Lith said:

I am rooting for USC, but they scare me more than anyone else in this postseason.  When teams score on us it is the big play over the top, and the way Williams avoids pressure and keeps his eyes downfield, you can do everything right on defense, but still give up a huge gainer.  Willimas is a big play machine. 

And then their defense awful against the pass, but we are not exactly the dynamic offense to take advantage of it.  I am rooting for SC, becuase I don't want to see Ohio State in the playoff, but I don't like the way we match up against them.

If they win tonight they deserve it and I'll be rooting or them. Since I don't have a team I'd like to see a different conference take it all.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I think it is an "or" not an "and". If USC loses, OSU is in.  There are 5 teams with 1 or 0 losses.  If USC loses that leaves 4.  No way a 2 loss team gets in ahead of Ohio State. 

If TCU loses, you have a one loss TCU or one loss Ohio State.  I doubt the committee takes TCU over the Buckeyes in that case.

Alabama lost two games on the road in the SEC by 4 pts. OSU lost the real big 10 championship game at home by 30 pts. If OSU was in the SEC they would have 3-4 loses. The Big 10 stinks.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Alabama lost two games on the road in the SEC by 4 pts. OSU lost the real big 10 championship game at home by 30 pts. If OSU was in the SEC they would have 3-4 loses. The Big 10 stinks.

I think Alabama is done.  They still have two losses.  Ohio State has 1.  Ohio State has a top 10 win over Penn State.  Bama's best wins are 20th ranked Texas by one point and 24th ranked Miss State.  A 2-loss team that does not even qualify for its conference championship, imo, should not have any shot at the playoff.  I am not going to say there is no chance, because the name "Alabama" carries some weight.  But right now, Ohio State is ranked above Bama.  Both teams are off this week.  What justification would they have to elevate Bama ahead of Ohio State.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think Alabama is done.  They still have two losses.  Ohio State has 1.  Ohio State has a top 10 win over Penn State.  Bama's best wins are 20th ranked Texas by one point and 24th ranked Miss State.  A 2-loss team that does not even qualify for its conference championship, imo, should not have any shot at the playoff.  I am not going to say there is no chance, because the name "Alabama" carries some weight.  But right now, Ohio State is ranked above Bama.  Both teams are off this week.  What justification would they have to elevate Bama ahead of Ohio State.

Who would you rather see the Dawgs play… Bama or OSU? Be honest.?

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

Who would you rather see the Dawgs play… Bama or OSU? Be honest.?

OSU.

But I still thik they have done more this season to have earned a spot if the decision comes down to Bama or Ohio State.  But I would rather play TCU than either of them, that does not mean they do not deserve their spot.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

OSU.

But I still thik they have done more this season to have earned a spot if the decision comes down to Bama or Ohio State.

If you believe, like many, that Penn State is Fugazy, OSU ‘s best win was ND, who held on to best Navy by 3. IMHO, OSU isn’t in the same area code as Bama.

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

If you believe, like many, that Penn State is Fugazy, OSU ‘s best win was ND, who held on to best Navy by 3. IMHO, OSU isn’t in the same area code as Bama.

If Bama wanted a shot, they should not have lost twice.  If w-l record does not matter, then why play the games.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, section314 said:

Agree. I can’t wait till teams like Rutgers are in the mix when they expand to 12. They can’t even get a good field now  for 4 teams.

Utah keeps this up, we will find out which one of us is right on Sunday.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

USC tackles like a bunch of peewee football players.

Was just going to comment that if they find a way to win this one, they are going to need to do a month's worth of tackling drills to get ready for the playoff.  Horrific tackling for a good team.

• Upvote 1