*** College Game Day 12-02 and 12-03 ***

Beerfish

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Key part of this game to me was usc up 14-3 and looking like they are going to score again but utah forced them to kick a FG

I said the same thing at the time... 1st and goal at the 2 in the Championship game & you hold them to 3... HUGE Win for the Defense there & then on the following series your offense fumbles the ball away at your 39 & you hold them on 4th down... HUGE!... "Defense Wins Championships"... where have I seen that before? ? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Only if TCU loses. If not, it's Bama v OSU and I think Bama, even with 2 losses, gets in.

I keep reading that the committee wouldn’t let a two loss team in over a one loss team. I was watching GameDay earlier and they were talking like Ohio State to the CFP was locked up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I keep reading that the committee wouldn’t let a two loss team in over a one loss team. I was watching GameDay earlier and they were talking like Ohio State to the CFP was locked up. 

It will come down to deciding whether 2 losses by a total of 4 points on the road, in the toughest conference in the country, is more impressive than losing by 30 points at home in the DeFacto big 10 championship game. Head to head, neutral field, Bama probably opens -7 pt fav vs OSU. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, section314 said:

It will come down to deciding whether 2 losses by a total of 4 points on the road, in the toughest conference in the country, is more impressive than losing by 30 points at home in the DeFacto big 10 championship game. Head to head, neutral field, Bama probably opens -7 pt fav vs OSU. 

The country would be in an uproar over a 2 loss Bama getting in after having them be there year after year after year, especially when in the past teams with zero loses have not made it.

OSU probably does not deserve to be there either but how far do you go?  If LSU manages to beat georgia and have 3 loses do you say they beat both georgia and bama thus they should be in?

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The country would be in an uproar over a 2 loss Bama getting in after having them be there year after year after year, especially when in the past teams with zero loses have not made it.

OSU probably does not deserve to be there either but how far do you go?  If LSU manages to beat georgia and have 3 loses do you say they beat both georgia and bama thus they should be in?

Then Bama is a shoo in.? Honestly, if the committee really felt Bama has no shot, they would not be 6th. It would not shock me is all I'm saying. I'd wager that the 3 other teams who are in would not want to see Alabama get the 4th spot.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, section314 said:

Yeah, I hate the idea of OSU in there, but I think Klatt is pretty well correct 

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This has been, arguably, the gutsiest performance I have ever seen from any single player, lmfao.

I might say Justin Fields agaisnt Clemson in the playoffs two years ago.  But still a great performance to almost will his team back into it.

• Upvote 2