Who is Mike Whites #2 WR??

Who is the number #2 WR for "the Legend" Mike White going forward?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Our #2 WR going forward is going to be Corey Davis or E Moore???

• Corey Davis - Old reliable is back and very much needed as # 2
    • Elijah "Squeaky Wheel" Moore - talked to the ball and she said she likes him best
    • The Mighty ALL PRO Elite Braxton Berrios - (this option is for @jetsfan80, he thinks he is the number 1)

laughter chain GIF

So Garret Wilson rightfully will be the number 1 read on most plays for the Legend. I mean he is awesome. Is there a better rookie WR this year? no there is not. Read that again, doesn't it feel good to think about. Man love me some G Wilson and this last draft class. anyway.

But then there is the the other side WR.

Carey Davis is back and still getting back to game speed, I'm sure his targets will increase, but he is basically going to be on the field all day. He has great hands and can be the stability we need drive to drive. He was a favorite for Zach - but not so much for Mike white. He was not part of the Cinn game last year and you saw what he did last week.

Then you have squeaky wheel E Moore. Not the best at social media but he was ahead of the curve calling out the obvious that Zach sucked, but now the team has seen the light and his boy White is slinging the rock so will this translate into him taking over the #2 spot? He has way less snaps than Davis last week but he has talent and explosiveness. You saw him score last week.

I think Moore is going to have a big game and is going to be come the teams  #2. Talent wins over usually and Moore is younger, more talented and is looking to be part of the new core unit of NY Jets WR. So I think Moore will be the number 2 against the Vikings and drastically increasing his role.

33 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

MyQuite spreads the ball around. 

There are no numbers, only open receivers and covered ones. 

This.

Order of priority?

1. Wilson
2. Moore
3. Mims or Davis, whoever is on the field.
4. The RB's and TE's, depending on formation/player package
5. Berrios

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, static14 said:

I voted for Moore, but honestly I Expect Knight to be involved in the passing game quite a bit as well. I think they look to build on what he did in his debut. 

I hope they do. Bam looked decent, need to see him this week to see if he can do it again, he had a couple targers i think, but if he get thems like breece did then damn it will be great!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, static14 said:

I voted for Moore, but honestly I Expect Knight to be involved in the passing game quite a bit as well. I think they look to build on what he did in his debut. 

I was surprised at what I saw From Knight kid looks like he can be a complete back anyone get any footage of him blocking in the back field ? Even if in pre season I curious to  see how he held up in that department

• Upvote 2

Feels like Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, Denzel Mims, Berrios, and Jeff Smith might be the core 5 the Jets want to roll with starting next year.  It's a solid mix of talent, youth, experience and VERY manageable contracts for at least another year or two.  If Mims can become 90% of what Corey Davis has been that would be huge for this position group and let JD not worry about WR in terms of both drafting and Cap space for a bit.  JMHO

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Why isn't Denzel Mims considered in your list of choices ? Are you aware of Davis numbers versus Mims in last week's game ?

BTW I expect White to throw the ball to the first Wide Receiver he finds open. Who ever that may be.

snaps count and talent.

sure he will but his first look will be garret wilson as the number 1 WR....the question is who will be the second

9 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

snaps count and talent.

sure he will but his first look will be garret wilson as the number 1 WR....the question is who will be the second

Read order is determined by the play called, usually set by the OC.

BTW Corey Davis has had anything resembling a respectable performance since Week 4 and had 1 Catch on 3 Targets against the Bears