QB School: Mike White film review

Lith

2 hours ago, rldev said:

This video really shows how terrible the Bears defense is. Good for us.

certainly gives juice to what Chris Simms said. This was always a get right game for whoever started.

but ok, Mike White it is...maybe he is the new Tony Romo...show me.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You know how a baseball manager will call for an “emergency” meeting right before a series against a bad team? It really looks like that’s what Saleh did with the White switch. I know we want to blame Zach’s douche answer in his post-Pats presser, but his benching certainly appears pre-meditated.

I’ve been saying this all along. This wasn’t about the press conference. It was about ZW not doing anything well and the effect it was having on the team.

White was put into #2 spot a few weeks prior. It was to prime the eventual switch. The only reason the switch wasn’t made right off was the winning streak. I suspect Saleh also had a big internal battle to fight here.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’ve been saying this all along. This wasn’t about the press conference. It was about ZW not doing anything well and the effect it was having on the team.

White was put into #2 spot a few weeks prior. It was to prime the eventual switch. The only reason the switch wasn’t made right off was the winning streak. I suspect Saleh also had a big internal battle to fight here.

I agree with that for sure.

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I thought the Bills win would buy him the rest of the season. Cimini, however, said the coaches felt he left a bunch of points on the field in that one, too. I just can’t see how he gets back on the field this year if there was a multi-week contingency to bench him at the earliest convenience

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I thought the Bills win would buy him the rest of the season. Cimini, however, said the coaches felt he left a bunch of points on the field in that one, too. I just can’t see how he gets back on the field this year if there was a multi-week contingency to bench him at the earliest convenience

They put themselves in a no lose situation.  If White starts sucking they will put Wilson back in, If he keeps rolling the play is to keep White and everyone will agree. 

12 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

They put themselves in a no lose situation.  If White starts sucking they will put Wilson back in, If he keeps rolling the play is to keep White and everyone will agree. 

I think we’d get a few weeks of Flacco before they put Zach back in. If they really wanted the chance to play Zach, they’d at least keep him active on game days in the event White gets hurt or just sucks

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

certainly gives juice to what Chris Simms said. This was always a get right game for whoever started.

but ok, Mike White it is...maybe he is the new Tony Romo...show me.

The idea that Zach Wilson was going to “get right” by facing the Bears is a fantasy, much like the idea held by many people here last year that Sam Darnold would become a franchise QB with new coaches and new weapons. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Agreed. The language of “Mike White has earned this” and “we need to see what we have in him, if the opportunity presents itself” said everything. Sure, Saleh said ZW was the guy and it was framed as “if an injury”, but you’d have to be naive or in denial to not see right thru that.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

The idea that Zach Wilson was going to “get right” by facing the Bears is a fantasy, much like the idea held by many people here last year that Sam Darnold would become a franchise QB with new coaches and new weapons. 

disagree.

52 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

disagree.

No offense but if you think Wilsons struggles are because of the defenses hes been facing you are either biased or don't know what you are watching.  It's such a terrible narrative but I guess I'm not surprised most of the fanbase thought his games of 150 yards were awesome game management. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think we’d get a few weeks of Flacco before they put Zach back in. If they really wanted the chance to play Zach, they’d at least keep him active on game days in the event White gets hurt or just sucks

They’re not making Zach active until they feel he’s ready to step in if there’s an injury.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, undertow said:

No offense but if you think Wilsons struggles are because of the defenses hes been facing you are either biased or don't know what you are watching.  It's such a terrible narrative but I guess I'm not surprised most of the fanbase thought his games of 150 yards were awesome game management. 

And yet those who complain about the 150 yard games love Fields who is averaging under 150 yards a game.  That’s balling

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

My question is, why has there been no "Zach Wilson Mike White was OUTSTANDING against the Bears!" analysis video anywhere?  You know, the ones that were regurgitated here all of last year?  Are hyperbolic analyses only reserved for Zach or were they all BS to begin with?

- "an Aussie's take"

Try reading all the Mike White threads. There are a bunch. Go make another, you can call it Mikey's forehead.

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And yet those who complain about the 150 yard games love Fields who is averaging under 150 yards a game.  That’s balling

the Fields angst came from the fact that the godawful Bears were scoring 30+ points a game and he was the driving force of that. He's got miles to go as a passer but at least he does something well.

Just now, Asymmetrical said:

the Fields angst came from the fact that the godawful Bears were scoring 30+ points a game and he was the driving force of that. He's got miles to go as a passer but at least he does something well.

Something that’s going to keep putting him on the bench.  

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I just don't think there's any chance Zach's 'restart' happens in the middle of a game.  If White sucks or gets hurt they will put Flacco in to close the game, but the following week Zach will start.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You know how a baseball manager will call for an “emergency” meeting right before a series against a bad team? It really looks like that’s what Saleh did with the White switch. I know we want to blame Zach’s douche answer in his post-Pats presser, but his benching certainly appears pre-meditated.

It was in the works at least since after the first NE game, when they elevated White to backup. Obvious Saleh wanted to start him for weeks and was just waiting for the right moment.

21 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

I just don't think there's any chance Zach's 'restart' happens in the middle of a game.  If White sucks or gets hurt they will put Flacco in to close the game, but the following week Zach will start.  

I am of the belief that the only way Zach gets back in is if we fall out of playoff contention. The bar is so low right now for what a Jets QB has to produce to keep the team on track that White would have to absolutely melt down in order to become the reason the Jets lose games. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fullblast said:

It was in the works at least since after the first NE game, when they elevated White to backup. Obvious Saleh wanted to start him for weeks and was just waiting for the right moment.

I think Zach knew it was coming, too. His whole demeanor changed a few weeks ago and he physically looked like a dude on a major bender. 

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson’s lack of talent will keep him on the bench.

I don’t think it’s lack of talent. The arm strength is there, the size is there, the legs are there.
In my humble opinion, It’s the lack of preparation. 

It doesn’t mean that he could actually become better at it. But, that’s for next year.
Right now, this team is a playoff contender.

it’s MW’s team until he wets the bed…IF he ever does.
Right now let’s just enjoy the ride!

• Upvote 2