Vikings Injury Report

choon328

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Big loss for the Vikings with Darrisaw out. They already struggle inside and this will make it worse for them. The defensive line should dominate and put a lot of pressure on Cousins with just the front 4. Hopefully that'll translate into some turnovers. 

They might blow the Vikings out.   They haven’t had a good defense all season and if the Jets DLine is able to create havoc with 4 like they have been, this game might shock lots of people. 

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Big loss for the Vikings with Darrisaw out. They already struggle inside and this will make it worse for them. The defensive line should dominate and put a lot of pressure on Cousins with just the front 4. Hopefully that'll translate into some turnovers. 

Awe, Michael Clemons will be so disappointed.  Lawson too.  And Q.  Especially Q. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

They might blow the Vikings out.   They haven’t had a good defense all season and if the Jets DLine is able to create havoc with 4 like they have been, this game might shock lots of people. 

I have watched them twice now.  They are too dependent on Jefferson.  Sauce and/or Reed will take him away.  If they start forcing it to the newly arrived Hockenson, we will pick it off.  The rest of the gang will focus on Cook.

On defense, the Vikings are no great shakes.  We should be able to point up points and control the clock.  I figure Jets 24-10 with the Vikings getting a garbage time TD.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Yup if White is who I have been told he is .. this should be a blowout for the Jets

Jets 35
Vikes 14

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I thought throwing for 150 yds and 1 TD was good enough for a Jets QB as long as they won?

• Upvote 4

Just now, Beerfish said:

So now we are going to blow out a 9-2 team in their barn who has a very good QB, a very good Rb and the best wr in the league with a guy who has had one good game at QB?

Holy Smokes.

It is no more surprising than the unanimous view of Jet fans that a guy from the cut pile should replace the 2d pick in the draft.  Yet here we are. 

SAUCE.

• Upvote 1

Jets DL could have a really disruptive day. We are playing big boy football now - if Q wants 100mil, it’s games like this where it gets earned. It would be nice to see Lawson put up a multiple sack game as well.

Kirk Cousins is not a mover… The opportunities will be there all game long

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

They could have the 90's Cowboys blocking and they still couldn't stop our front four! 

• Ugh 1

6 minutes ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

David Montgomery made some ridiculous runs last week racking up 79 yards. Our tackling needs to improve by a LOT for us to contain Cook. This is the thing that concerns me.

Jets struggle against power rbs like Stevenson and Montgomery. Add in that the last 2 games there was a lot of moisture on the field and on the Jerseys and I think that all contributed to sub par tackling. This week, Cook and Mattison, have a completely different running styles from the other two and there will be no weather conditions and I think the D will be fine tackling.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'm expecting a close game. Their offense is still very good and you have to respect Cook. 

It’s a hard team to figure. They’re 20th in both pass and rush DVOA and 18th in offensive EPA/play. Cousins is 18th in DYAR and 20th in DVOA and 22nd in EPA/play. And yet!

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So now we are going to blow out a 9-2 team in their barn who has a very good QB, a very good Rb and the best wr in the league with a guy who has had one good game at QB?

Holy Smokes.

Two and one quarter good games, technically.

And no.  They'll likely be no blowouts.  Expect a very close, stressful game.

Only blowout is if Mike White (or, much less likely, Kirk Cousins) pulls a Buffalo game and throws 4 INT's.

Or if Cook runs wild on our D.

36 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It’s a hard team to figure. They’re 20th in both pass and rush DVOA and 18th in offensive EPA/play. Cousins is 18th in DYAR and 20th in DVOA and 22nd in EPA/play. And yet!

Thanks for the numbers. Feels like they are outperforming what the metrics say they should and you kind of validated that here. 

45 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Two and one quarter good games, technically.

And no.  They'll likely be no blowouts.  Expect a very close, stressful game.

Only blowout is if Mike White (or, much less likely, Kirk Cousins) pulls a Buffalo game and throws 4 INT's.

Or if Cook runs wild on our D.

If it's a close, stressful game the Vikings will win it. Kirk Cousins leads the league in comebacks, the Vikings are a 9-2 team with a +5 differential, both of their losses were by 3+ scores, and they haven't won a game by more than one score with exception to week one vs the Packers. If it's close the Vikings will pull out with the win.

If the Vikings offense is shut down the Jets will win. The Vikes D has allowed 278 pass yards per game this season, and if Mike White plays anything like he did against the Bears this offense will perform well. If the Jets D hold the Vikings back to being even just average the Jets have a pretty good chance.

Conversely, if the Vikings offense isn't hindered by the Jets D they will win easily.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Yup if White is who I have been told he is .. this should be a blowout for the Jets

Jets 35
Vikes 14

So an injury report on an OT and backup TE translates to MW having a good game?

All that time spent supporting ZW really honed your knack for irrational rationalization, didn't it?

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Jets 35
Vikes 14

They are trying to shut you down.   Silence you. 

The AntiZaxxers don’t understand the distinguished few who support Zach are not herd following incels looking for approval to validate ideas.  

So here sir is the approval you don’t seek:

Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

Party at Chris Simms house next year.  

• Haha 3

So an injury report on an OT and backup TE translates to MW having a good game?
All that time spent supporting ZW really honed your knack for irrational rationalization, didn't it?
The Vikings have the 31st ranked defense ... Only Detroit is ranked lower ... If White cannot mop up this week .. he is not The One.

• Post of the Week 1