Not There Yet

Swampfox

3 hours ago, Swampfox said:

Been a Jets fan since 1965.  Not mad at Sauce but wish he would turn his head. Watch his head and ball placement on passes. PI penalties ?  Don't know but refs have tendency not to throw flags at  " premier " players but this will bite him in the butt. Watch his head when ball arrives and also his hands  while running Sunday.   ECURB:  I did watch Revis play live and he had his issues but they called him Revis Island because he TURNED HIS HEAD and knocked the ball away.

His name is now on the ring of honor.   ( I win.  lol ) just messing

Guy. With all due respect, who cares? He's not drawing penalties and performing at an absurdly high level. You're comparing him to revis who is a top 3 cb of all time, probably with woodson and sanders. That's an impossible bar and you're right, he's not Revis, he may never be Revis, but he's the top rated cb in the game today. As a rookie!

I think you're looking for an issue just to look for an issue. If you want something to critique, I suggest our LBs, safeties, interior dline other than Q, injury prone olinemen, etc...

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Swampfox said:

Sauce is not as good as some fans think.  He is too handsy and rarely turns his head around especially on post patterns.  ( Hey Sauce   the WR's are not that good looking so quit staring at them) so turn your head around and look for the ball.  Being handsy with the WR only slows you down and can also draw a PI penalty. Once REC sets his pattern turn head immediately. Unless QB throws perfect pass, most passes whiz by CB's head or slightly above.  Raise your pinky finger and knock ball down. You'll never be as good as Revis until you take my free of charge advice. Revis and other great CB's turn and look for the ball. BTW, 75-80 % of LB's and DB's do the same thing as you.  GN

Sauce hands

hands swerk GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lock and ban please.

This isn't JI Hey in the old days we used to all like to welcome a new guy to the board and not try to intimidate them and make them say " Ah Eff-it I 'tried' to post on JetNation and half the guys there treated me like I was a fan of other teams or an idiot"

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SoFlaJets said:

This isn't JI Hey in the old days we used to all like to welcome a new guy to the board and not try to intimidate them and make them say " Ah Eff-it I 'tried' to post on JetNation and half the guys there treated me like I was a fan of other teams or an idiot"

I’m sorry 

4 hours ago, Swampfox said:

Sauce is not as good as some fans think.  He is too handsy and rarely turns his head around especially on post patterns.  ( Hey Sauce   the WR's are not that good looking so quit staring at them) so turn your head around and look for the ball.  Being handsy with the WR only slows you down and can also draw a PI penalty. Once REC sets his pattern turn head immediately. Unless QB throws perfect pass, most passes whiz by CB's head or slightly above.  Raise your pinky finger and knock ball down. You'll never be as good as Revis until you take my free of charge advice. Revis and other great CB's turn and look for the ball. BTW, 75-80 % of LB's and DB's do the same thing as you.  GN

Literally nothing backs up this drivel.  Not only is he incredible to watch statistically he is basically #1 or #2 in every relevant category. He is already an ALL PRO.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

As long as Sauce isn't holding...or is extending his hands in a pushing-forward manner into the the receiver...he shouldn't be called for PI.  And when a receiver is the first to use his hand on the CB, then it's not going to be PI if Sauce responds and puts a hand on the receiver.   The ball belongs to whoever wins the battle.  So the physicality between receiver and CB is legal, if neither is pushing off or holding.  Sauce seems to be unique in covering this way legally.  Using to his advantage his height and octopus like wingspan to blanket receivers. 

Will Sauce get called for PI...correctly or incorrectly...yea.  On occasion that happens to even the best corners. 

I'm sure there has been discussions with the league officials...on how Sauce covers.  And what he can and cannot do.  So I don't think the CS is trying to change dramatically the way Sauce covers.  But just probably tweak it.      

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ECURB said:

What team are you a fan of and why are you so mad at sauce?

Also what year did you start watching the NFL? It’s clear you didn’t watch Revis play live and only looked at highlights. He was a master at being handsy and tackling the guy right before the ball got there instead of turning around.

Seems like another Dolphins fan, with a a name like Swampfox. Op  your team is playing well stop worrying about our players. Never could understand  Fins fan’s obsession with the Jets it’s strange, and not in a competitive division rivalry way, it’s personal. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Swampfox said:

I will play; how about this…

As of today, Sauce is the highest rated CB in the NFL!

Pro Football Focus has Gardner ranked as the No. 1 graded cornerback in the NFL for coverage through Week 12

I will be waiting for your authoritative rebuttal…

Let’s Go!!!!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The reason sauce doesn't get called for DPI is that he doesn't panic and almost always has great body control while making deliberate use of his hands and arms to defend the pass. He doesn't look back for the ball a lot of the time but he doesn't have to.

There's a common misconception that it's DPI if you don't turn your head. That's incorrect. Go look at the rule yourself if you don't believe me.

One of the things sauce is excellent at is looking at the receivers eyes and arms to determine when the ball is coming and place his lanky arms and hands in between the receivers making it impossible to catch. The op suggests looking at the receiver is a negative which is ridiculous.

It's the rare occasion sauce doesn't have great body control when he does get called for DPI, correctly.

Perfectly stated. Sauce has impeccable timing and he does a great job of hand fighting with the receiver without 'mauling' him or interfering with him. 

200.gif

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I agree, he could have been called for PI on like every big play he’s had. We’d be calling him kyle Wilson 2.0 if the refs decided to take a different approach with him. 

y'know that IF England had won the revolutionary war we would have soccer and just call it football

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Perfectly stated. Sauce has impeccable timing and he does a great job of hand fighting with the receiver without 'mauling' him or interfering with him. 

200.gif

Even that PI they called on him last week was pretty much BS compared with the way the game was being officiated

8 hours ago, Swampfox said:

nice to meet you Troll girl, original Ny Form Troll Norway

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, heymangold said:

how many PI penalties has sauce had this year?

he had at least one.  the point is well taken.  we've seen tons of corners getting called for penalties for being less handsy than sauce.  maybe the nfl gave the orders to the refs to not call so much pass interference.  if that's the case then sauce is playing by the rules that every other cb plays to.

11 hours ago, Swampfox said:

ya, there is always room for improvement and i noticed the things you speak of concerning gardners play, but you could count on one hand the rookie starting corners that are/were on gardners level.

Sheesh. Guys, I was making an observation that most DB's (inc Sauce) rarely turn their heads, especially on longer passes. Some guy complained that I didn't know the % of " back shoulder " throws. How the hell is anybody supposed to know that over ( for Ex ) a 5 yr period? You said that. Really? Not only is Sauce handsy but sometimes he grabs jerseys and it just worries me he will get called at a crucial time. That's all. BTW, I DID know that he leads in passes defended but that doesn't change the fact that I wish him and our other DB's would turn heads.  Accusations and assumptions all over the place.  WOW !  To the idiot that claimed I was a phin fan, I was started watching Joe in 1965 and watched SB III live.  Probably before aforementioned idiot was born. I have been reading this forum for years and noticed quite a few dumb ass comments and it continues. Some of you guys are pretty smart and make great observations.   Thanks for making me feel welcome.   I have seen this treatment to other newbies before over the years.  Nice

18 hours ago, Swampfox said:

FYI when you see a different font  or a post in bold like this, that is a good sign it is a copy \ paste. Just saying.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Literally nothing backs up this drivel.  Not only is he incredible to watch statistically he is basically #1 or #2 in every relevant category. He is already an ALL PRO.

Drivel ?  Opinions and observations are drivel ?   Yes, he is a very good player but I was pointing out the steps he needs to take to get to elite level.

13 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

71AB2047-BF3D-43DB-BB58-3268B8288FAF.jpeg

Is this a self portrait ? Not worried about rep or bad start. Just saying what I see on the field.