Jump to content

Big Time Jets Respect Right Here!!!


Charlie Brown
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Here’s a Jets Vikings news report from a Minnesota news broadcast that gives the Jets as a team and Sauce Gardener in particular big time respect and it is simply Great to see!!!

Short…..Enjoy!!

 

Do you actually expect them to give the team bulletin board fodder right before they play them... They all do this... Don't read/listen to the platitudes & Kick Their Collective Asses... Period

I would like to see Garrett Wilson make it personal to outplay Jefferson... Of course, having Gardner & Reed shutdown the Vikes WR's would be great too.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not sure any quality team really fears that Jets right yet

This defense still has plenty to prove.  Shutting down the Vikings would go a long way to doing that.

Mike White still has a lot to prove.  Putting up big games back to back would go a long way to doing that.

This would be a really nice win.

I don't know about "fears" but I would think any team in the NFL would look at the Jets as a game that will be a battle.  You think Buffalo feels like the Jets are going to be an easy game, even though the game is in Buffalo?  I bet they're going to treat that one as "this is one of those games we need to really leave it all on the field".

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Sauce or Reed  alone will not be able shut down Jefferson as they are not yet Revis in his prime Need the  d line to get sustained pressure through out the game if that happens we win easily

As an example Look what Dallas d line did to Vikings and the Jets are as talented upfront as Dallas in my opinion. 
O line needs to come up big as well. Run the ball. Control game Jets will be 8-4 after Sunday 

That's what I want to see tomorrow too CSNY, Bam and Ty Johnson opening up the passing game and the D-Line putting pressure on Cousins. This is a big test. Can the Jets win with a completely brand new Offensive backfield-something I have never seen done to this extent in all my years of watching the NFL. I mean to see this being done and for the Jets to STILL be in contention is an amazing coaching feat. If Saleh pulls this off, he is Coach of the Year.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

That's what I want to see tomorrow too CSNY, Bam and Ty Johnson opening up the passing game and the D-Line putting pressure on Cousins. This is a big test. Can the Jets win with a completely brand new Offensive backfield-something I have never seen done to this extent in all my years of watching the NFL. I mean to see this being done and for the Jets to STILL be in contention is an amazing coaching feat. If Saleh pulls this off, he is Coach of the Year.

JD should be in the mix as Executive of the year as well. To still be in the conversation with the injuries sustained along the o line and running backs he has built a really strong team. Don’t think any team has the depth that could have withstood being forced to play their 5th string offensive tackle or 3rd string running back along with piss poor QB play and still be 7-4 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not sure any quality team really fears that Jets right yet

This defense still has plenty to prove.  Shutting down the Vikings would go a long way to doing that.

Mike White still has a lot to prove.  Putting up big games back to back would go a long way to doing that.

This would be a really nice win.

I don't know if it's my inherent "SOJF" mentality, but I never feel the defense is as dominant as the stats end up suggesting.  Poor tackling, 3rd down conversions, lack of recovered fumbles. . . I'm always concerned those things are going to come back to bite them at the worst moment.

Having said that, it hasn't yet so hopefully it's just me refusing to believe they're as good as they really are . . .

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CSNY said:

JD should be in the mix as Executive of the year as well. To still be in the conversation with the injuries sustained along the o line and running backs he has built a really strong team. Don’t think any team has the depth that could have withstood being forced to play their 5th string offensive tackle or 3rd string running back along with piss poor QB play and still be 7-4 

So far, this is one of the most amazing Jets seasons I have ever seen play out-which is why I'm saying it here and now and to people I meet on the street This Jets team (with some luck and no devastating injuries to the most important positions and with some breaks from the refs WHO FOCKING OWE US) is going to the Super Bowl THIS SEASON

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

So far, this is one of the most amazing Jets seasons I have ever seen play out-which is why I'm saying it here and now and to people I meet on the street This Jets team (with some luck and no devastating injuries to the most important positions and with some breaks from the refs WHO FOCKING OWE US) is going to the Super Bowl THIS SEASON

Would be an amazing turn of events if that were to happen.
Not ready to say Super Bowl just yet as these next few weeks against tge Vikings &  Buffalo will be a great litmus test to see just how far they Jets can go in the playoffs which I think they will be a part of 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jetsons said:

Do you actually expect them to give the team bulletin board fodder right before they play them... They all do this... Don't read/listen to the platitudes & Kick Their Collective Asses... Period

I would like to see Garrett Wilson make it personal to outplay Jefferson... Of course, having Gardner & Reed shutdown the Vikes WR's would be great too.

I was more interested in the newscasts take then the players or the coaches.  
None of the usual the TEAM expects to get a win over the “struggling” or “underperforming” Jets.  

For me it was just nice to see…

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not sure how confident I am that Sauce can shut down JJ.  The tests don't come much bigger than this one (maybe only Cooper Kupp is a better WR, though he's hurt).

On a different note, I think a lot of WRs are diva types but JJ seems like a very grounded, humble guy.  That's even more impressive considering that he's got the kind of game that teams would be willing to put up with a LOT of BS for. 

LSU.

It's only a matter of time before the crazy bomb explodes. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I was more interested in the newscasts take then the players or the coaches.  
None of the usual the TEAM expects to get a win over the “struggling” or “underperforming” Jets.  

For me it was just nice to see…

gotcha, I was looking at it from the players/coaches 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not sure how confident I am that Sauce can shut down JJ.  The tests don't come much bigger than this one (maybe only Cooper Kupp is a better WR, though he's hurt).

 

I have no expectation of Sauce "shutting down" Justin Jefferson.  But that also shouldn't be necessary for the Jets to win.  They just can't let Jefferson blow up the game by stacking multiple 30+ yard catches throughout the day.  Sauce should get help on Jefferson, and then the Jets have to do two things:  1) Contain the run to setup 3rd and long situations, 2) Pressure Cousins into throwing early or making mistakes (which he absolutely does on occasion).

This is a winnable game even if JJ finishes with something like 6 catches, 100 yards, 1 TD.  But if the Vikings are rushing the ball so well that our Safeties are kept closer to the LOS then it could be a long day even for a good Jets defense and Secondary.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Unfortunately, there is no reason for Vikes to lose this game. I don't expect the Jets to win . It takes all phases. Not just Sauce. I just want them to keep growing and find the right Qb. We have plenty of time, problem is there is a shortage of Men that can play the position from the pocket. I liked White when he was here the first time, remaining cautiously optimistic. Keep it rolling JD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...