Should Jets pivot from Green Jerseys?

kevinc855

It’s week 13 and we have yet to wear them. However, this has been one of our most successful years in recent memory. 

Maybe it’s time to reboot with the black and white? New culture, new swag, new identify for this team. I at first was opposed but warming up to this idea while not totally sold yet. Thoughts? Btw we are going white and black again this week which sparked this thought 

AB78451B-EA81-4491-B0C1-9371CE47201A.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 2

24 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

It’s week 13 and we have yet to wear them. However, this has been one of our most successful years in recent memory. 

Maybe it’s time to reboot with the black and white? New culture, new swag, new identify for this team. I at first was opposed but warming up to this idea while not totally sold yet. Thoughts? Btw we are going white and black again this week which sparked this thought 

AB78451B-EA81-4491-B0C1-9371CE47201A.jpeg

NO

• Upvote 3

Time to get rid of that putrid Green Helmet... I didn't mind the black one last week, but for the most part it needs to go back to white, and with the 80's or similar logo on it. Put this team in it's glory Uni.... Not this Niketard...

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Ugh 1

The uniforms need stripes.  That is the most egregious thing about them.  I hate those stupid dash things around the shoulders, they look so f*cking dumb.  The reason why the green uniforms look so bad is because there are no stripes on them or the helmet.  Everything just looks like solid colors.

Also get black away from this team.  Thank you.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, freestater said:

I think we're probably going to have to get used to them. Of our current unis, I like the all whites the best 

This.

The black convo should have gone black/white and no green. Black helmet w white logo.

uktimately the unis are a disappointment and cannot wait for an evolution

i know everyone complains about the uniforms.  i love the all blacks, the black helmet and green facemask is awesome.  at first i wasn't a fan of the white/black combo but it's grown on me.

i'd imagine a new uniform design is coming soon - they obviously don't like the green uni's, haven't worn em all year if i remember correctly.  

whats the rules on new uniforms? 2 years ?

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, JiFields said:

You guys amaze me w/ this sh*t.  I couldnt tell you what colors they were Sunday or the game before or ever.  I couldnt give a **** what combo they wear, I literally dont even notice this sh*t.

^^ Doesn't root for the laundry.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i know everyone complains about the uniforms.  i love the all blacks, the black helmet and green facemask is awesome.  at first i wasn't a fan of the white/black combo but it's grown on me.

i'd imagine a new uniform design is coming soon - they obviously don't like the green uni's, haven't worn em all year if i remember correctly.  

I dont think we can or should ever completely ditch the green.  What I dont get is that you can look at a team like oregon and all the different combinations of uniforms they have had all of which incorporated some amount of Green and yet seem to really struggle to put together a decent uniform. 

Green is my favorite color, but it's best used as an accent color.  

That's why the all white has always been my favorite look.  The black has grown on me because it's the same thing:  green in accent.  

The one thing I hate is the green helmet.  

If they ditch the green helmet and go back to our 1998-2018 helmets I'd be perfectly satisfied with the current jersey provided they went all black at home and all white on the road.  All white at home is fine too in September. 

48 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I think it's five years minimum must be worn.  

Imo, if they wear the black pants they need to wear the black helmet too. 

54 minutes ago, JiFields said:

You guys amaze me w/ this sh*t.  I couldnt tell you what colors they were Sunday or the game before or ever.  I couldnt give a **** what combo they wear, I literally dont even notice this sh*t.

Do you care that the team is named the Jets?  What if they renamed us "New York B"?  Or how about "Team #18" (or some number between 1 and 32).

And what if every game had one team in all white uniforms and the other in all black uniforms and it never varied?

Would that affect your enjoyment of the sport?

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Here it comes, pages of people telling us why their preferences are best and all the other options suck. 

It’s almost like you guys that always complain about these can just not open the thread like I do when I don’t care