Should Jets pivot from Green Jerseys?

kevinc855

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

You guys amaze me w/ this sh*t.  I couldnt tell you what colors they were Sunday or the game before or ever.  I couldnt give a **** what combo they wear, I literally dont even notice this sh*t.

The nyjets subreddit shared a Twitter poll on which color pants we should wear this weekend.

The top comment was, “no pants,” and I thought of you. 

• Haha 3

https://www.musclesportmag.com/2019/04/05/new-jets-uniforms-reverse-parcells-strategy/

When Bill Parcells took over the New York Jets in 1997, one of his first orders of business was changing the team’s uniforms. Unfortunately for “The Tuna,” he had to wait an extra year to get this done due to the National Football League deadline for submitting the request and getting rid of all the old sh*t on the store shelves.

So once 1998 rolled, around the Jets were wearing their classic uniforms – the same threads they sported during their lone Super Bowl championship season the year man landed on the moon (1969). At the time, Parcells told the New York Times, ”I asked the people here what their feelings were. Their unanimous feeling was it shouldn’t have changed originally. I’m a traditionalist. I have no trouble identifying when the Yankees are playing. The Brooklyn Dodgers, the Bears, the Cubs, the Giants. Those teams have had the same appearance, and a team needs that identity.”

Another important aspect of getting rid of the green helmets was making it easier for the quarterback to find his target in what is already a sea of green – the grass and green bunting on the walls covering the blue of the New York Giants.

26 minutes ago, Drums said:

It’s almost like you guys that always complain about these can just not open the thread like I do when I don’t care 

It’s even more like you guys would get what I posted and not to this same thing every 6 months. 

Message board cop

27 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Here it comes, pages of people pretending they don't care about what the team looks like.

Or maybe we’re good with it either way?

The new uniform doesn’t bother me.  But guess what, I don’t start a new, I love these uniforms thread every 6 months.  It’s not important to me, you’re right.  I watch for the games.  
It’s like the fan who says he got rid of his STs because the stadium is ugly and thinks that makes sense on any level. 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Or maybe we’re good with it either way?

The new uniform doesn’t bother me.  But guess what, I don’t start a new, I love these uniforms thread every 6 months.  It’s not important to me, you’re right.  I watch for the games.  
It’s like the fan who says he got rid of his STs because the stadium is ugly and thinks that makes sense on any level. 

If this was our uniform, you wouldn't care?

Steelers Bumblebee Uniforms

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s even more like you guys would get what I posted and not to this same thing every 6 months. 

Message board cop

I don't understand this post. Also, am I a message board cop for reminding you, someone that complained about the topic of a thread (kinda sounds like the behavior a message board cop would have), that you don't have to read it? Sorry that I try to avoid complaining about threads by just not reading the thread.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Do you care that the team is named the Jets?  What if they renamed us "New York B"?  Or how about "Team #18" (or some number between 1 and 32).

And what if every game had one team in all white uniforms and the other in all black uniforms and it never varied?

Would that affect your enjoyment of the sport?

giphy (2).gif

52 minutes ago, Drums said:

I don't understand this post. Also, am I a message board cop for reminding you, someone that complained about the topic of a thread (kinda sounds like the behavior a message board cop would have), that you don't have to read it? Sorry that I try to avoid complaining about threads by just not reading the thread.

Not understanding it is on you.  

I’m not complaining about the thread, I’m complaining about the same old responses from people who want to tell others that their uniform of choice is wrong.  That he uniform they prefer is the bestest and should be the one worn.  Nothing new

The cop portion of the post.  People telling others that if they don’t like a subject move along.  But that’s not what I even did.  Read above

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

It’s week 13 and we have yet to wear them. However, this has been one of our most successful years in recent memory. 

Maybe it’s time to reboot with the black and white? New culture, new swag, new identify for this team. I at first was opposed but warming up to this idea while not totally sold yet. Thoughts? Btw we are going white and black again this week which sparked this thought 

AB78451B-EA81-4491-B0C1-9371CE47201A.jpeg

I don't know if it's been said...

We're sniffing play offs and jersey color is a thread worthy concern???

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not understanding it is on you.  

I’m not complaining about the thread, I’m complaining about the same old responses from people who want to tell others that their uniform of choice is wrong.  That he uniform they prefer is the bestest and should be the one worn.  Nothing new

The cop portion of the post.  People telling others that if they don’t like a subject move along.  But that’s not what I even did.  Read above

Agree to disagree. I have no problem staying out of threads I don’t enjoy 

Like many of you I like our previous unis more of a classic look over these esp the current helmet logo. But if I have to choose within this scheme I like the black what we had last week. But prob the Jets if they have the choice will go with the color blend that’s working and winning.

29 minutes ago, Drums said:

Agree to disagree. I have no problem staying out of threads I don’t enjoy 

First of all my first post was a joke

Lighten up, who cares, it uniforms we’re talking about.  I made a crack about what we’ll see and you’re telling who to not open a thread? 

1 hour ago, Origen said:

We're only this color because of Leon Hess, and he pretty much sucked, so while I am always in favor of having some green in the scheme, they could go back to blue and gold for all I care.

Thats wrong.  We’re wearing green because Sonny Werblin was born on St Patrick’s Day.

• More Ugh 1