<<<<<<< Jets vs Vikings -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There's been so much nonsense about how Jet fans are overly negative, root for losing, etc.  It's all complete BS.  

We just want our football team to be good.  I think Jet fans are starting to realize that they have that now and THAT'S WHY things are changing.

Btw, Saleh never needed to make the "receipts" comment either.  

It's a really big game for both teams. Vikes can clinch the division with a Lions loss and Jets can keep pace with the Bills and Fins and distance  themselves from the Pats. 

• Upvote 1

A couple of keys:

- LaFleur needs to attack MIN OLB pass rushers (Hunter & Smith) in both phases
of the offense.  Pound on them in the ground game and make them cover in space
in the passing game

- Mike Pettine isn't the DC for MIN but he's one of their main defensive coaches.
As we all know the "Ryan defense" was always weakest against TE's.  LaFleur
needs to exploit this and allow Conklin & Uzomah to eat

- Ulbrich should change up his pattern and allow Gardner to follow Jefferson
around the field for a certain percentage of reps.  Also, continue to mix
in a few blitz packages so Cousins can't get comfortable

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

It is game day. What a fun season it has been so far and the fun is just getting started. The Jets will make headlines once more with a victory over the Vikings.

The Defense is going to knock Kirk Cousins around. Mile White and his new running back crew will set things up so the Jets receivers can make impact plays.

This team is legit and they will take a big step forward today. 

There is a new sheriff in town and his name is Mike White.

Great scene.

I think the Mo will stick with the Jets today and White learned from his Buffalo breakdowns last time he started and will play a better game. That's the upside to White over Zach he hopefully learns from his mistakes.  Plus the Vikings defense isn't as good as the Jets D. Cousins imo is underrated and he has good receivers who make plays. A lot of this depends on if White can keep possession and have longer drives. So today Jets 23 Vikings 20.

Let's Go MIKE F'ING WHITE !  WIn this game by two TDs and I am sporting a Mike White Knight t-shirt to the Bills game next week ! 31st ranked Defense ... give G Wilson a day !

Said it 5 days ago ...

Jets 35

Vikes 14

https://nypost.com/2022/12/04/jets-rocking-mike-white-t-shirts-ahead-off-vikings-game/

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Agree with earlier rationale posted above:

Jets need to feed the TEs and and RBs to make the defense pay for being over aggressive on blitzes. Screens and dump offs should yield YAC. 

Conklin should have a monster game and be motivated against his former team that let him walk in UFA. 

4 minutes ago, xJayce said:

Figured I'd humor you and take a peak at a big board for that 25+ range. I mean, I prolly wouldn't be mad with with OT, S or LB.

image.png.c6376edb3a4de6948c50eb99696d371c.png

Thanks for the update. Not quite sure how many fans are able to relate to a thread about a meaningful game this time of year as opposed to talking draft position . Dam if we didn’t win games XY and Z we would have a top 10 pick ?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In a Señor Frog’s in Cancún sits a man wearing a dark gray tankini with the faded graphic of John Lennon’s face across the chest. He slowly knocks the ice cubes around the perimeter of his dirty plastic cup margarita with a well-chewed straw. Ian Rapaport, on the TV above, breaks in with the Mike White contract update. Stephen A improvs unintelligibly about how the “Jets don’t NEED no Aaron ROD-JUHS. Why would they WANT Aaron Rod-juhz when they have MIKE WHITE?” The man in the John Lennon shirt says, to no one in particular, “I can’t believe he was right again.” 

LMFAO!  The bold text is Pulitzer material.

image.png.210b353373e9ac5f506b38ef5b36bc0d.png

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

38-13 Jets. Defense makes Cousins poop his pants and Mike White slices, dices, and juliennes the Vikings for 365 yards and 4 TDs. ESPN starts talking up Mike White in their A-block, which ruins the fun for everybody, but the true believers who had Mike White’s back from the jump will gain entry to Valhalla whilst all the haters burn.

It’s Mike White v Pat Mahomes in the AFCCG. Zach Wilson is a Texan before March 1, 2023. Mike White is re-signed to a 3 year, $62 million dollar contract with a player option after two years.

In a Señor Frog’s in Cancún sits a man wearing a dark gray tankini with the faded graphic of John Lennon’s face across the chest. He slowly knocks the ice cubes around the perimeter of his dirty plastic cup margarita with a well-chewed straw. Ian Rapaport, on the TV above, breaks in with the Mike White contract update. Stephen A improvs unintelligibly about how the “Jets don’t NEED no Aaron ROD-JUHS. Why would they WANT Aaron Rod-juhz when they have MIKE WHITE?” The man in the John Lennon shirt says, to no one in particular, “I can’t believe he was right again.” 

Holy shit! 

• Haha 1

Tough to follow T0m’s post, but today is big.
By later this afternoon this place will either be full of despair as we sit at 7-5 with a trip to Buffalo looming, or we’ll be all full of ourselves after a huge win and another big day by Mike White. A Miami loss would only add to the debauchery.

Go Jets!