<<<<<<< Jets vs Vikings -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

I mean this with no malice toward the young man, whom I’m sure is hurting right now. But, if I’m Zach Wilson, I’m intentionally tearing both of my hamstrings tonight so they’re forced to put me on IR and I can stay far, far away from all this in-my-*******-face bullsh*t. This has to suck.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There's been so much nonsense about how Jet fans are overly negative, root for losing, etc.  It's all complete BS.  

We just want our football team to be good.  I think Jet fans are starting to realize that they have that now and THAT'S WHY things are changing.

Btw, Saleh never needed to make the "receipts" comment either.  

Go back and read this board early in the year. It was ridiculously negative even though they had a great off season and great draft. People weren't even giving the team a chance before the season started. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I mean this with no malice toward the young man, whom I’m sure is hurting right now. But, if I’m Zach Wilson, I’m intentionally tearing both of my hamstrings tonight so they’re forced to put me on IR and I can stay far, far away from all this in-my-*******-face bullsh*t. This has to suck.

lol I just posted this twice. The coordinated efforts with the teams official social media is brutal.  There must have been something brewing for months. Seriously wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. Yeah he didn’t pan out, said something dumb, but wow lol 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

lol I just posted this twice. The coordinated efforts with the teams official social media is brutal.  There must have been something brewing for months. Seriously wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. Yeah he didn’t pan out, said something dumb, but wow lol 

I feel bad for Zach tbh. I believe the team sincerely does love MFW but it's gotta feel awful. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

It is game day. What a fun season it has been so far and the fun is just getting started. The Jets will make headlines once more with a victory over the Vikings.

The Defense is going to knock Kirk Cousins around. Mile White and his new running back crew will set things up so the Jets receivers can make impact plays.

This team is legit and they will take a big step forward today. 

There is a new sheriff in town and his name is Mike White.

I put this clip up when we hired JD......Let's hope it rings true for White as well.

15 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Go back and read this board early in the year. It was ridiculously negative even though they had a great off season and great draft. People weren't even giving the team a chance before the season started. 

Chance for what? We have 2 years before we gat anywhere unless The Oline turns into Alan, Woody, Brick,Moore and Nick overnight and White becomes Montana, or even Dilfer for a year.

15 minutes ago, Larz said:

The social media “team” is usually one 22 year old who makes $250 a week to post memes. I don’t think this is a coordinated deal on their part, but the fact that the locker room is so flagrant about their Mike White love is BRUTAL for Zach. No wonder he’s looked like a fat Ziggy Stardust for the past month.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

38-13 Jets. Defense makes Cousins poop his pants and Mike White slices, dices, and juliennes the Vikings for 365 yards and 4 TDs. ESPN starts talking up Mike White in their A-block, which ruins the fun for everybody, but the true believers who had Mike White’s back from the jump will gain entry to Valhalla whilst all the haters burn.

It’s Mike White v Pat Mahomes in the AFCCG. Zach Wilson is a Texan before March 1, 2023. Mike White is re-signed to a 3 year, $62 million dollar contract with a player option after two years.

In a Señor Frog’s in Cancún sits a man wearing a dark gray tankini with the faded graphic of John Lennon’s face across the chest. He slowly knocks the ice cubes around the perimeter of his dirty plastic cup margarita with a well-chewed straw. Ian Rapaport, on the TV above, breaks in with the Mike White contract update. Stephen A improvs unintelligibly about how the “Jets don’t NEED no Aaron ROD-JUHS. Why would they WANT Aaron Rod-juhz when they have MIKE WHITE?” The man in the John Lennon shirt says, to no one in particular, “I can’t believe he was right again.” 

When I was staying in Vegas last October the Senor Frogs connected to Treasure Island had quite the entertaining show during brunch. Lol

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hope they spent as much time studying the game plan as they did coordinating those outfits. Clown show if they lose 

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah ... i mean if White can backup it up .. awesome. 

But yeah .. if I'm Zach who had to figure out a way to win against real teams (Den, Miami, GB, Pitt, Buff) ... i may be edging myself closer to the door right now. But it's Whites show now after the destruction of the Freshman (not even junior varsity) defense he destroyed last week.

So - lets ******* go ... J E T S

1 minute ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Hope they spent as much time studying the game plan as they did coordinating those outfits. Clown show if they lose 

I agree. It must have taken COUNTLESS hours to coordinate such an intricate and well thought out plan to put on Mighty Duck jerseys. It must have taken all but 1 minute in a group text or talking while talking when traveling. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The social media “team” is usually one 22 year old who makes $250 a week to post memes. I don’t think this is a coordinated deal on their part, but the fact that the locker room is so flagrant about their Mike White love is BRUTAL for Zach. No wonder he’s looked like a fat Ziggy Stardust for the past month.

I dunno it todays world I guess its ok .. in my day you just didn't do that to a team mate.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I dunno that looked like a Flying V, walking around the corner, jets instagram recording….

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I agree. It must have taken COUNTLESS hours to coordinate such an intricate and well thought out plan to put on Mighty Duck jerseys. It must have taken all but 1 minute in a group text or talking while talking when traveling. 

It just shows their mind is in the wrong place, distractions 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, KRL said:

A couple of keys:

- LaFleur needs to attack MIN OLB pass rushers (Hunter & Smith) in both phases
of the offense.  Pound on them in the ground game and make them cover in space
in the passing game

- Mike Pettine isn't the DC for MIN but he's one of their main defensive coaches.
As we all know the "Ryan defense" was always weakest against TE's.  LaFleur
needs to exploit this and allow Conklin & Uzomah to eat

- Ulbrich should change up his pattern and allow Gardner to follow Jefferson
around the field for a certain percentage of reps.  Also, continue to mix
in a few blitz packages so Cousins can't get comfortable

We played a lot of 12 last week. Expect to see the same along with some max protect. 

2 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

It just shows their mind is in the wrong place, distractions 

I think it shows they're having fun and have seen a children's movie before. If they did a scene for scene recreation during the week you might have a point, this is literally a couple of shirts they bought online. 

• Upvote 1