<<<<<<< Jets vs Vikings -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

5 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I pledge allegiance to the jets of the united metropolitan area. And to the fans who watch from the stands, One franchise under mike white, indivisible, with touchdowns and receptions for all

Amen

This is awesome ..just wish it wasn't Mike White centric.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I mean this with no malice toward the young man, whom I’m sure is hurting right now. But, if I’m Zach Wilson, I’m intentionally tearing both of my hamstrings tonight so they’re forced to put me on IR and I can stay far, far away from all this in-my-*******-face bullsh*t. This has to suck.

What the hell is this, what has happened to this sport, or guys/men. Can someone explain this to me?

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I mean this with no malice toward the young man, whom I’m sure is hurting right now. But, if I’m Zach Wilson, I’m intentionally tearing both of my hamstrings tonight so they’re forced to put me on IR and I can stay far, far away from all this in-my-*******-face bullsh*t. This has to suck.

From what we see of this yes I totally agree however who outside of the organization really knows how Wilson has carried himself leading up to all this. Maybe ZW is and always will be a total douche nozzle and he deserves this fall from grace? 

I would add,  Win or lose, the way MW has been talking he better produce or he will suffer a similar fate.

9 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

It just shows their mind is in the wrong place, distractions 

I disagree. I think it’s just team building and is hopefully making up for lost time. They are building chemistry/comradery and becoming a tight group in a short period of time. They will need this in order to will themselves to victory with this tough set of games that will determine their playoff hopes. These next 2 weeks are most important and they need to go to war for each other and care about their fellow teammates. I do not see anything wrong with this at all. 

• Upvote 1

How is this Wilson related? Maybe I’ll guilty of passing on watching another trite Disney film more than once in 1993 - what’s the reference 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

How is this Wilson related? Maybe I’ll guilty of passing on watching another trite Disney film more than once in 1993 - what’s the reference 

The Mighty Ducks. Guy Germaine. Charlie Conway is the leader, heart, and soul of the team. Although not the fastest, skilled, nor strongest player, Charlie is extremely loyal to the Ducks and to his coach, possessing the greatest leadership qualities among his teammates.

MW is wearing that jersey 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Just that the team is treating Mike White like the arrived savior and meanwhile Zach is on the third bus looking like a Dutch tourist on walkabout.

3 hours ago, KRL said:

A couple of keys:

- LaFleur needs to attack MIN OLB pass rushers (Hunter & Smith) in both phases
of the offense.  Pound on them in the ground game and make them cover in space
in the passing game

- Mike Pettine isn't the DC for MIN but he's one of their main defensive coaches.
As we all know the "Ryan defense" was always weakest against TE's.  LaFleur
needs to exploit this and allow Conklin & Uzomah to eat

- Ulbrich should change up his pattern and allow Gardner to follow Jefferson
around the field for a certain percentage of reps.  Also, continue to mix
in a few blitz packages so Cousins can't get comfortable

I like this.

They should also kick the ever-living sh*t out if Kirk Cousins.

16 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Great news. Rankins is needed in the run game. Robinson and Fant are gravy at this point. 

Yea, I love the idea of lining Fant up as an extra OL/TE to pound the ball. Forgot who mentioned it in another thread.

• Upvote 1

Golly, I hope Zach isn’t as soft as you.

?

Funny thing is today will be about our defense proving it can handle an explosive Offense again like we did with the Bills and Miami that's the key to winning this game . They have 2 fantastic WR's and an explosive RB and a very good QB. This game is more about that then it is about Mike White. 

That being said I think the Jets win this game 34-17

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I like this.

They should also kick the ever-living sh*t out if Kirk Cousins.

That and when you have overly aggressive defenses you attack them in the screen game which White runs to perfection. I expect a big dose of Knight today and Ty Johnson in the screen game. With TE's eating the middle of the field for lunch.