<<<<<<< Jets vs Vikings -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

This board is funny - like it’s too challenging to actually believe in the team.  The first sign of adversity - Mike White Sux, Max Mitchell is Trash, Our Secondary is Trash!!!  Even on days where we may not be playing well as we could be, the Refs are deep stroking or rectum, MLF is calling 3rd Down plays that are 2 yards short of the marker WE STILL LOOK BETTER THAN WE DID MOST OF THE YEAR and playing a team that has been grinding out close victories all year.  My favorite Chicken Little was the on one KFC had years ago - the ones on this board suck.

I think the fans do believe in the team, but Max got benched, Mike White is not playing particularly well, LaFleur abandoned the run too quick & the refs early on set the tone of the game with uneven flags.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Too many people make everything about the QB and it gets old on this site. This first half is mainly on the defense who didn’t sack Cousins once, didn’t stop the run,and couldn’t make a 3 rd down stop. 8 of 12 on the 3rd/4 th down tells the story of this half. 

Vikings have a top 3 offense and they committed a bunch of penalties they deserved to be called for. 

Mike White gives the Jets a better chance than ZW does. But the first half also shows that he will struggle when he faces some of the things that ZW did:  receivers failing to catch slightly off throws, little to no running game, and very conservative play calling from the OC.

I hope the Jets open the O up this next half and see how White responds.  If the Vikings score again the Jets will have to do that.

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Too many people make everything about the QB and it gets old on this site. This first half is mainly on the defense who didn’t sack Cousins once, didn’t stop the run,and couldn’t make a 3 rd down stop. 8 of 12 on the 3rd/4 th down tells the story of this half. 

I agree, it takes a team. But it starts and revolves around OL/ DL and Qb.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Are you listening to yourself ??? Your better than this.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I am seeing a lot of dropped passes and a lot of no calls from the Refs and one ticky tack defensive holding call on Sauce. It is some of the most one sided officiating I have seen. 

• Upvote 2

This game has been a bit ugly and frustrating. But, I like the challenge and let’s see how the Jets look in the second half.

On the road against one of the top 3 teams in the NFL, it’s a big test. Jets defense has been bending a lot, not giving up the big play, but getting chipped away at down the field. A big problem has been an inability of the offense to stay on the field, sustain some drives and take some time off the clock. Jets D has been on the field a lot it feels like. 

• Upvote 1

The Vikings have the worst passing defense in the NFL. Not an excuse to the crap we saw from the Jets O in the last few games pre Mike White but this is awful too.

Agreed .. Mike L has to make adjustments.. Mike W has to be better .. and the WRs need to wake up and catch the ball.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

@Jolot see what i mean? on the last drive alone he did this several times, one for a great sideline completion - the other 2 times? garret wilson had both hands on a bomb and elijah couldn't get his feet down on a pass that gave him plenty room to do so

but of course, "it's the qb derp"

Umm he has hardly thrown the ball past 5 yds on the air. And the few times he has its been 50/50 of ot was even a good pass. The pass to wilson wasn't a good pass....wilson would've had to make a highlight reel pass to actually secure it. 

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

White has been more than fine.

Refs have been atrocious.

Corey Davis and Conklin have really hurt us today.

Hinton and Reagor should not be torching us.

Idc what happens this year, get Reich to replace LaFleur.  That last drive should have been the game plan the whole first half.

Lock up Greg Z.

Of course, we were playing against a bend and don't brake D. re-watched a couple of plays and our WRs are just not getting open. I agree, the biggest improvement will come with either replace LaFleur or someone extract his head from his ass..

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

This is basically the situation that tells you if MW can be a starter. Playing from behind against a good rush on the road. Running game is meh. 

can he beat the coverage on 3rd down with his arm or his legs ?

if he continues to check it down then the reality is that he is a good backup 

I wasn’t Team Mike, though I do support him now, but in some ways I feel like LeFleur hasn’t helped either QB. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

I am seeing a lot of dropped passes and a lot of no calls from the Refs and one ticky tack defensive holding call on Sauce. It is some of the most one sided officiating I have seen. 

The no call on the Mims and the shoulder to shoulder “unnecessary roughness” were absolutely brutal.

• Upvote 1

Just now, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

MW’s long pass to Wilson was right on the money the Vikings just had a perfect pass defense from their best defender who is a pro bowler.

It wasn't right on the money. Wilson didn't have it even before the defender got there. It was a bit too far/high. 

They have allowed 2 TD drives in the half against a high scoring team. They are getting their licks in also. 

Outside of Sauce and Reed, The DB’s are playing like garbage today, also the D line has to generate some sacks. The bottom line which is a fact: The Jets D gave up 20 points in the 1st half,not good!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The play calling is bad again last week we saw a lot more roll outs chances today we are back to conservative NY Jets football.

They don't trust White that's all... LaFleur tried to run the "O" the way he wanted at the beginning & white wasn't up to it, so he had to revert to what it is now.

Stories of the game so far.

- Officiating has been blatantly one sided. I hate using that excuse, but it's been really bad.

- Defense can't get off the field on 3rd down. These long drives are demoralizing.

- Way too many passes are hitting receivers in the hands and ending up incomplete. The receivers need to make some plays for Mike White.

It's not over yet, but this is a big hole to dig out of. It's going to take a huge effort in the 2nd half on both sides of the ball to win this game. 

• Upvote 1