<<<<<<< Jets vs Vikings -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Again, dude, as late as the 3rd quarter you were talking about QB being our biggest problem.

Come the f**k on with this. 

And I still think it is.  This team is ready to win now.  

The only thing holding it back from a Super Bowl run is top tier QB play.  Mike White is the best QB on the roster - no question about that.

Mike White, IMO, isn't at the caliber to win a Super Bowl.    I could surely be wrong - I've been wrong many, many times.  I hope I am.

Being better than Zach Wilson or any QB on the Jets is different than being a QB that can win a Super Bowl.  It's like with you guys if you have to be all in one way or the other.  

I'm just trying to give my honest opinion.  Seems you're not allowed to say anything bad about Mike White here.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

40 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Agreed. It was definitely a ball that could have been caught.  But you would like to think your QB could put the ball not on the back shoulder of the WR on a 5 yard pass.  Mike White's been pretty good on throwing accurate short balls...he just missed one - not the end of the world.  But pretending it was a perfect pass is just not right.

Definitely not perfect, but it was too bad. What made Berrios drop  it was how he landed awkwardly on his backside jarring his body causing his neck to hyperextend. That was a result of the back shoulder pass. Unfortunate circumstances. You are correct if the ball is leading Berrios he makes that catch. It wasn’t an easy catch 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The only thing holding it back from a Super Bowl run is top tier QB play.  Mike White is the best QB on the roster - no question about that.

Mike White, IMO, isn't at the caliber to win a Super Bowl.    I could surely be wrong - I've been wrong many, many times.  I hope I am.

Being better than Zach Wilson or any QB on the Jets is different than being a QB that can win a Super Bowl.  It's like with you guys if you have to be all in one way or the other.  

I'm just trying to give my honest opinion.  Seems you're not allowed to say anything bad about Mike White here.

When the dude has 3 more 300+ yard games than the prior QB in 5 starts versus 20, yeah, I don’t see the reason to critique the QB so heavily.  

Ride the highs and lows when you have a QB capable of producing highs.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He’s as good as any QB outside of the top 5 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Mike White is a billion times better than Zach Wilson right now, that’s the point. Not sure what the point is of pointing out that Mike White isn’t perfect. I think everyone knows that.   I think people are just excited because we MIGHT FINALLY have a QB we can build around. 

I just think it’s partly out of frustration and also that in crunch time you have to be clutch. Great catches cover imperfect throws and great throws make it easy to catch. It’s frustrating

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When the dude has 3 more 300+ yard games than the prior QB in 5 starts versus 20, yeah, I don’t see the reason to critique the QB so heavily.  

Ride the highs and lows when you have a QB capable of producing highs.  

That's the thing though - I'm not critiquing him heavily.  I thought he struggled a bit in the first half, had a solid second half - but couldn't finish drives today.

He just hasn't shown me enough to tell me he's the franchise guy we're searching for.

I think the way I phrased it was a bit harsh - I reread and concede that.  I will lighten up on the negativity.  

We still have a legit playoff chance and can even make some noise if they can learn from losses like this.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Most devastating jets game I’ve been to. 

really long walk out of that stadium today. 

My daughter flew from St Louis to go to that game. She said great stadium nice people but the Jets lost that game the Vikings didn’t win (metaphorically speaking)

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yes, I asked what you were saying about Zach and Mike White prior to Zach being benched since you don't know why you're being labeled a Zach truther. If you want an answer, it only seems logical that you start there. If what you said then is different than what you say now then that is likely why people are labeling you as such. 

First off the labels are stupid to begin with but anyway I’ll tell you since you seem to really want to know.  I supported him just like I supported Joe Flacco and just like I support Mike White now.  As for Zach I pointed out him running backwards and throwing off his back foot as things that needed to change.  I liked his escape ability as well as his running ability and wished LaFleur made some designed runs for him.  For Zach his worst games were the Pats games which have all been disasters.  I was impressed with the Steeler and Buffalo game even though he didn’t have eye popping stats.  I was very critical of him after the Pats game and his press conference.  I supported Saleh’s decision to bench him and have him watch.  I guess the only difference is that I’m not quite ready to throw him in the trash since I still see upside.  That doesn’t mean I think he is still our guy for the future because like I’ve said all along I have no idea if he is or not.  Most importantly I just want To win so if Mike White gives us the best chance to win I’m all good.  So from this post I think you would clearly see I don’t have allegiance to any QB, I support all of them, and just want to win.  Now if you think I am just because I still see some upside in Wilson then I don’t know what to say.  Just because I see upside doesn’t mean he will ever come close to reaching it or even be here in the near future 

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

I have been a die hard since 82.  So go jump off a cliff.  I know good qb play and bad. Seen it all.   

I’ve been religiously following the Jets seven years longer than you, which means I have a doctorate degree in bad QBing. Not only is White not a bad QB, but he’s also got qualities I haven’t seen in a Jets QB since … I can’t remember when. He’s a leader, he’s cool under pressure and he’s got arm talent. The loss today doesn’t change that. For a guy making his fifth career start, he did quite well. I can sympathize with your ambivalence towards him, though. It was a frustrating loss and we’ve seen too many frustrating losses with this team. But I think if you take a step back you’ll see that things are finally headed in the right direction. 

• Upvote 3

This thread was terrible to read . About 4 times some of you guys gave up on this team and we kept making plays to come back just came up a bit short. Way way too many drops today and like I said in another thread sometimes you have to come up with the great catches for your QB and we just did not do that today. The Refs played a part early and we beat ourselves late. We will be back next week/

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

.. and yet he is 1-1 against a couple terrible defenses. He played poorly in the first half .. had a great second half .. but ultimately was not enough to win.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

So I can already see where you are going to go with this and I’m not playing along with it.  Tim Tebow was a “winner” too.  There is a massive difference between being responsible for a win, and being dragged, kicking and screaming , to victory.  Ultimately, I could not possibly care less about W-L records when it comes to QB evaluation so, fine, we’ll take that out.  Now do me a favor and address what 3 other posters (yourself included earlier in the thread) making this ridiculous debate have failed to do and address the fact that Berrios should have caught the ball and it would have been a, likely, game winning TD, meaning that, yes, he did more than enough to win.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

What it will take is the last few stragglers realizing that Zach is not or is ever going to be “our guy.”

Especially now with the team ready to make a playoff push and also having a qb who can help them.  This roster, and the mindset of the team and staff, is so different than it was when it drafted wilson.  The team can no longer justify playing him while he learns.  It will only get worse next training camp after presumably a good offseason and higher expectations.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not only was QB low on the list of things to blame for today, but the 49ers made it to a Super Bowl and NFC Championship Game with Jimmy G.  They were a second “Super Bowl meltdown” from Kyle Shanahan from winning one with him.  Mike White, at this point, has shown he can at least do what Jimmy G. can do.  I’d argue he’s shown that he can do more.  You can absolutely win something with the type of QB play we have gotten from White so far.

• Upvote 3

Tough way to lose

There were at least a dozen or so plays in this game any one of which could have turned the tables 

Mike White played well

Several big-time throws in narrow windows and didn’t flinch down 2 scores for most of the game

4th and 10 conversion throw was amazing

Haters are gonna hate but I don’t care

Saleh and the rest of the team know MW played well, and that’s all that matters 

ZW is done and dusted 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

They scored a TD on his run, they had another great drive and should have had another TD if Berrios catches the ball in his hands. Then he almost drove them down again at the end of the game but they came up short. If you are finding fault with Mike White in this game there is no talking to you. It's refreshing to have NFL QB play now. 

Should'a would'a could'a.  Despite being in the red zone twice late in the 4th quarter, he failed to score a TD.  Had he put the ball in front of Berrios, instead of behind him with the defender draped on his back and in his face, he would have caught it.  It's only because the White wankers need a scapegoat for his deficiencies that they're talking sh!t about Berrios.  The Jets would have another L in the loss column had it not been for a Berrios punt return TD.  Mike White is nothing more than a journeyman QB,   To win a Superbowl, that's not gonna fly.

• Thumb Down 1

52 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

First off the labels are stupid to begin with but anyway I’ll tell you since you seem to really want to know.  I supported him just like I supported Joe Flacco and just like I support Mike White now.  As for Zach I pointed out him running backwards and throwing off his back foot as things that needed to change.  I liked his escape ability as well as his running ability and wished LaFleur made some designed runs for him.  For Zach his worst games were the Pats games which have all been disasters.  I was impressed with the Steeler and Buffalo game even though he didn’t have eye popping stats.  I was very critical of him after the Pats game and his press conference.  I supported Saleh’s decision to bench him and have him watch.  I guess the only difference is that I’m not quite ready to throw him in the trash since I still see upside.  That doesn’t mean I think he is still our guy for the future because like I’ve said all along I have no idea if he is or not.  Most importantly I just want To win so if Mike White gives us the best chance to win I’m all good.  So from this post I think you would clearly see I don’t have allegiance to any QB, I support all of them, and just want to win.  Now if you think I am just because I still see some upside in Wilson then I don’t know what to say.  Just because I see upside doesn’t mean he will ever come close to reaching it or even be here in the near future 

Were you good with Mike White prior to Zach being benched as the best option?

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Please tell us where Mike White hurt you and why is it the towel?

FB_IMG_1670021841997.thumb.jpg.edb93ff4021581bd6e0d499fa890e230.jpg

Accuracy = Average at best.  IQ = Average.  Arm strength = Below Average.  Leadership = Above Average.  Passion = Above Average.  Clutchness = Below Average.  Mobility = Far below average.  Not being Zach Wilson = Thank god.

What hurts me is he doesn't have the talent or ability to take the Jets to a Superbowl.  Throwing for 3000+ yards and being good enough to help the team finish above .500?  I could care less.

• More Ugh 1