WATCH: Jets players take a dig at Zach Wilson as multiple stars wear Mike White t-shirts while boarding plane 

oc_jet

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-watch-jets-players-take-dig-zach-wilson-multiple-stars-wear-mike-white-t-shirts-boarding-minnesota-plane

WATCH: Jets players take a dig at Zach Wilson as multiple stars wear Mike White t-shirts while boarding plane 

Modified Dec 04, 2022 05:38 AM EDT

follow iconFollow UscommentComment
share iconShare
New York Jets players sport Mike White t-shirts in light of Zach Wilson being benched New York Jets players sport Mike White t-shirts in light of Zach Wilson being benched

The jury seems to be out on Zach Wilson. The Jets QB has recently been under a lot of pressure from his teammates for not performing well enough to win them games, despite stellar performances by the team's defense.

That being said, the Jets have now decided to bench their 2021 second-overall pick for the foreseeable future in favor of backup QB Mike White. The 27-year-old quarterback lit up the league with his recent performance and is now looking to make the Jets' QB1 role his own.

And by the looks of it, his teammates sure are happy about the change. Multiple Jets stars were seen sporting Mike White t-shirts as they prepared to board their plane for Minnesota to take on the high-flying Vikings.

#Jets players are clearly happy about the QB change, wearing Mike White shirts heading to their Week 13 game against the #Vikings

Some would argue that Zach Wilson has done very little to win over his teammates this season. Apart from his unflattering performances, the QB had recently refused to take any blame for his team's loss against the New England Patriots a few weeks back.

ALSO READ: 5 NFL Rookies who already look like superstars ft. Ahmad 'Sauce' Gardner

The Jets currently have a 7-4 record and are third in the highly competitive AFC East behind the likes of the Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins.

White, while adored by Jets fans and players alike, has a tough task cut out for him this weekend against the Vikings, who sit top of the NFC North with a 9-2 record.

Whether or not White can sustain his magic against the NFC franchise remains to be seen. But if he manages to lodge another three-touchdown performance in Week 13, things will surely get more difficult for Zach Wilson going forward.

FOX did Zach Wilson dirty by posting this.
View image on Twitter
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, heymangold said:

is it?  i mean CJ, becton, berrios all wore zach wilson shirts earlier this year.  i think it's just something they do.  white was wearing a tyler conklin and ty johnson shirt this week - does he had CJ and mike carter?

maybe not. it just seems like it could be i guess. whatever it doesn't reallyt matter anyway. zach wilson has been ass so he deserves the digs imo

• Upvote 1

Was that Berrios wearing the White tee. I thought he was one of Zach’s best friends on the team. Look this team needed a wake-up call and if this energizes them well worth it. A good decision by CS. Hopefully also a wake-up call for Zach. There’s no transfer portal in the NFL. I only saw about 3 players wearing them. Would have liked to see Zach wear one. 

• WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Was that Berrios wearing the White tee. I thought he was one of Zach’s best friends on the team. Look this team needed a wake-up call and if this energizes them well worth it. A good decision by CS. Hopefully also a wake-up call for Zach. There’s no transfer portal in the NFL. I only saw about 3 players wearing them. Would have liked to see Zach wear one. 

Tough call on the Zach wearing one .. logically absolutely agree ... but he would inevitable be trashed for not believing in himself in some round about way here.

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Tough call on the Zach wearing one .. logically absolutely agree ... but he would inevitable be trashed for not believing in himself in some round about way here.

Well if he wanted to bring the right message to Jets locker room it would be a great gesture. Esp since he’s good friends with White. All reports say he’s acted like a good teammate behind the scenes. But after he was benched he said he supports White but also put in that his goal is to win back his job. I felt that it was unnecessary to say it self centered. I hope we see on sidelines he is with Flacco giving support and advice to White. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

Silly thread.  I doubt they were “taking digs” at him.  Look we all agree that the last press conference after the Patriots was not good.  However we also know ZW spoke to the whole team and apologized so whatever bad feelings there were are now gone and many of the players in particular on defense said they gained a lot of respect for him.  I think it’s great they are behind White as they should be but I feel some are just trying to pile on ZW or fishing or something that isn’t there.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

I hope the Jets win today and Mike White has a great game, but comparing two QBs - one playing Pats and the other playing Chicago is a big stretch. Nothing would make me happier than White having the same game or better this week as he did last week. Go Jets.

The only team with a worse defense than the Vikes is the Bears fielded last week ... so there is a lot to be hopeful for.

Edited by Dunnie