I don't give sh!!!!! I stated this before!!! This is on LaFleur!!

greasyt

13 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

No one can call perfect game plan 100% of the time. Don't confuse bad play call with just different from yours. 

The truth is drops killed us again. 

But I agree some of the calls like wtf

You have to get in first and goal on the one.no excuses.game on the line.we sucked . earlier settling for field goals is when we should have won the game.soooo tired

• Upvote 2

The side to side sh*t in the red zone and putting White out of the shotgun at the goal line was just infuriating. 

OC's always get a rough ride - People generally only remember the bad and there was a lot of plays the players left out there but for the love of god when we got close he really sh*t the bed. I think the QB sneak failing once isn't a reason to abandon it - It has a 80% hit rate on 4th and 1. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

Outside of the red zone playing I actually thought MLF did a solid job. Mike White missed a wide open streaming Wilson down the sideline in the 4th. Guys dropped passes today. 

I know they had a tough day running the ball in short yardage situations but down on the 1 yard line- run the ball 3 times. I’d rather have lost trying to run it in instead of passing. 

Shocked no one us blaming the O line. It was their inability to create any push or holes in short yardage that made MiLF abandon the run in the goal line. I still think MiLF should’ve kept running the ball on inside the 5 though.

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

The side to side sh*t in the red zone and putting White out of the shotgun at the goal line was just infuriating. 

OC's always get a rough ride - People generally only remember the bad and there was a lot of plays the players left out there but for the love of god when we got close he really sh*t the bed. I think the QB sneak failing once isn't a reason to abandon it - It has a 80% hit rate on 4th and 1. 

I almost never get on the OC but yesterday's play calling was ridiculous.

11 hours ago, Paradis said:

i don't disagree -- the redzone woes of today's L are on him... and over the last 2 years there's been too many peaks and valley's to say whether or not he's "the guy".. I was speaking to the "he's the worst, kill him now" crowd.

Consider the following:

• We have no idea (and neither does MLF himself) what his playbook can do, week in and week out... He's been working with a lame duck QB since he got here. How the fck can you measure the effectiveness of your plays if your QB is hot mess like ZW... zero Objectivity to measure.
  • He's working with no threat of a running game at all. 
  • MW has 5 starts to his name? Still feeling out his own game within the game.

I'm not here to let MLF off the hook, but it's tough to make any absolute statements. 

Agree with you to an extent here.  

The effectiveness of the playbook i think is the point i would challenge. While you are correct where you cant measure pure effectiveness in game with sub par talent, i can say you can 100% with certainty say that the play conceptually and schematically work given situations of the game and is just not executed by sub par talent.  

For instance, and this is an extreme example, look at the chiefs, the way they scheme guys open from advantageous positions against man coverage, how they have plays that are designed both with a man side and a zone side so regardless of what the defense gives you there are answers.  The problem with the jets redzone offense is currently there is none of this thinking.  best design they had was the berrios play getting him matched up against a LB.  Otherwise its been a pretty consistent run of poor play designs in the redzone.  

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, freestater said:

I feel like a reckless '@' in the middle of a line of exclamation points really drives home the rage in these kind of posts. I'd use a French expression to punctuate this but I don't know any French. 

F u c k ez-vous 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Shocked no one us blaming the O line. It was their inability to create any push or holes in short yardage that made MiLF abandon the run in the goal line. I still think MiLF should’ve kept running the ball on inside the 5 though.

Once they went with Fant, they were signaling to the Vikes that they were running behind Brown and Laken. I would have liked to see a 13 personal with Mike under center, that would have set up a play-action to one of the TEs on 3rd if the 1st 2 attempts failed.

• Upvote 1

I think both sides are right.  There were definitely some head-scratching calls, but at the end of the day the play calls overall should have been good enough to win us this game.  An NFL receiver has to catch that ball, especially on 4th down with the game on the line.  

I'm happy with the fight this team has shown, but yeah this one hurts.  Had a chance to beat one of the best teams in the league on the road, and we had them....  It's unfortunate, but whatever.  Gotta go back to work.  Ain't over yet.  

Oh and BTW, Conklin has been a massive disappointment.  I'm ready to see what Ruckert can do, honestly.  Conklin is a pass-catching TE who can't catch passes....Uzomah has been better in that department.  Let's see what the kid can do. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, greasyt said:

5 wide constantly on 3rd and 4th and short....Hot garbage!!! He sucks!!!!

Yeah... I really don't understand what we're doing...

It's like 3rd and short is now automatically a passing situation? He's been doing this all year, and it's driving me crazy. I get the oline will struggle on some of these situations. I can't remember on which of the final drives it was, but we were in the red zone, run play dialed up, and a defender pretty much made it through untouched. Bam broke a tackle to get back to the LoS. 

But man, all these late passes? Just play some I-formation? It can't be THAT hard.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barton said:

LaFlaeur did a terrible job in the red zone. There is no defending the constant trick play nonsense when it didnt work time after time.

It reeked of him not having faith to just square up the opponent and beat them. 

Exactly.  Use your best players and best plays and just get the yards.  I hope they learn. 

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I hate the shotgun in short and goal to go almost as much as I hate play action out of the shotgun.   

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think people are forgetting how close this actually was.  Forget the Berrios play.  What about Garrett Wilson?  If he didn't have that little hop step out of bounds, the Jets kick the field goal instead of the throw to Berrios and go up by 2 and the game is on the D.  

This sounds like a FidelioJet argument.  "Part of the blame goes to GW.  He wasn't perfect."

This board cracks me up with inconsistency.. on one hand we cannot just look at stats for the whole picture.. Mike White had 2 ints yesterday, on paper.. he had 2 Ints.. period.  But if you watched the game, you would see the context of both Ints (1 was a deflection, 1 desperation pass).  

The same can be said for MLF.  On paper he had close to 500 yards of offense.  500 yards, including all the drops.  But if you watched the game the hidden context was: nice drives until we hit the redzone.. once inside the redzone, instead of going north and south.. the play calls were to the east and west.  And yes, many were designed that way (screens and flats). 

So yes, the offense played well.  But there needs to be a lot of work done inside the red zone.  

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I figured 2nd and goal on the one, around two left to play, going on 4th, run it three times and go home with a win. You have to be able to punch it in from the one.

Nope.  Not even one run

That kid Bam Knight runs like he’s shot out of a cannon, very tough to bring down too, I’ll hope that he gets some looks now in future goal line situations.

LaFleur will get better in the Red Zone too, watch.  He’s not a player but he’s very talented, very young just like most of the players.  They’re all learning and personally getting better Every week.

Hey how about that bullet Mike White threw to Davis on 4th and 10, what a throw.  His arm is much stronger than he was given credit for.  He doesn’t hit that (and I can’t remember a Jet QB who could duplicate that throw in the tightest of windows in a do or die situation), and there is zero talk about failing on the goal line.  For all intents and purposes the Jets Won this game, after coming from behind, on the Road against a 9-2 team.  The strides made by this team have been amazing in practically every facet.

Next week LaFleur will have his QB (not named Wilson) throwing for 300+ again, and hopefully another win against Buffalo.  Another big test for the baby Jets.

If AVT was playing yesterday 99% sure they run it in for the winning score.  If Breece Hall was playing too, goes to 100.  This team can put big scares into ANY team even with those two Pro Bowlers on the shelf.  That’s because they already have some Pro Bowlers already playing and some soon to be Pro Bowlers also on the field.  What a job Douglas has done.  Overnight.

MLF may feel like an enigma to some here, but I think he is what he is… a good, young inexperienced play caller.

Two things I think he can correct:

Outside zone run play has all but disappeared since Hall went down. Feel like Bam can step up into that role now.

Too many of his “trick” play start with negative or backward flow. When they go bad they go really bad. I can’t find the stat of how many negative plays the Jets have on offense.