They Lost But They Played Their Hearts Out

SoFlaJets

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Emotional wins don’t count in the NFL 

for sure JW but, this is not one of those games that you want to kick the dog afterwards, this is a well the beat us today-and the refs too. This team if they can get in the playoffs are going to make some noise

• Upvote 1

Just now, SoFlaJets said:

for sure JW but, this is not one of those games that you want to kick the dog afterwards, this is a well the beat us today-and the refs too. This team if they can get in the playoffs are going to make some noise

Had they won the two Patriot games that they should have, I wouldn't really care as much about this game and they'd still be sitting comfortably in the playoffs spot and division. 

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I can't even be depressed, sure, a lot could have been different but this is a team who I feel is like that Jets team when Sanchez gave them a shot to win every game-This team has a real good shot to get somewhere. Yea, I know I keep talking about a Super Bowl season and one of the things I said HAS to happen is for us to NOT get beaten by the Refs who beat us today especially on the NON-Calls, We had twice as many called penalties for twice the yards but there were a half dozen that we didn't get the flags and the yards that we should have. I blame this one on 1-the Refs beat us and 2-the Vikings were home and they're a good team 

Sanchez gave them a shot to win every game. 

He did it throughout his career, he gave every team he played with a shot to win. He was something, man. 

I'm going to be in Canton when he gets that yellow jacket with bells on. 

I said this earlier in the week, the only way to beat the Vikings is by not giving them a chance to cut it close. Minnesota wins close games and loses games that are more than one score this season. That's been their story, and it has continued. 

They made too many mistakes, and that killed them in the end. I don't care if they played their hearts out because the do that every single week when playoff position is on the line in December.

• Upvote 1

This was just another brutal loss. 1st and Goal inside the 4 for the win and getting NOTHING is just as bad as that ******* punt return 2 weeks ago. 

Now sit Berrios for a week. ******* dumbass. 

The only thing that matters is that we have a QB, unfortunately the OC is a retard. 

• Upvote 1

We could have won the game. We made too many mistakes. But this is a 10-2 team we just played and hung in til the end. 

mike white played good. Back to back 300+ yard games 

Lafleur got too cute in the redzone. Too many trick plays. Defense was bad early but turned it around in the 2nd half. 

a lot of good and bad to take away from this game. I think we can clean it up and play a complete game against the hills next week

still can’t believe berrios dropped that 4th down pass in the EZ.

• Upvote 1

Great effort coming down the stretch, but there was plenty of blame to go around.  Mike White did what you would expect of a back-up.  A decent job.  He also left money on the table.  I saw open guys he missed at critical times. His performance was good but it was not a "winning" performance and that's what counts.  Also... Way too many dropped passes.  Some of those passes were slightly off target, but some should have been hauled in, especially Berrios end zone drop.  He had two hands on it.  The play calling inside the red zone was head scratching.  Not sure what LeFleur was thinking.  The officials also gave the Vikes a bit of help with a few non calls.  To sum it up, the most damaging factor was inability to score in the red zone due to what I believe was bad play calling.  

No moral victory here.  They blew it.  

• Doh! 1

19 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I can't even be depressed, sure, a lot could have been different but this is a team who I feel is like that Jets team when Sanchez gave them a shot to win every game-This team has a real good shot to get somewhere. Yea, I know I keep talking about a Super Bowl season and one of the things I said HAS to happen is for us to NOT get beaten by the Refs who beat us today especially on the NON-Calls, We had twice as many called penalties for twice the yards but there were a half dozen that we didn't get the flags and the yards that we should have. I blame this one on 1-the Refs beat us and 2-the Vikings were home and they're a good team 

I blame it on the drops

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

It really was an admirable performance. Proud of this team. Hopefully this lights a major fire in the team as we head into Buffalo for a huge game

I agree BigRy, it's very rare that I don't go into a state of massive depression for about half the week until is finally dissipates around Wednesday night

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

they blew this game in the first half...on offense and defense. but sure lets take a moral victory winners lap because we had mike white throw 60 times and only lost by 5.

That's not what is going on here-all I'm saying is this loss for some reason doesn't hurt like the usual SOJ losses of the past decade. I believe that we have a shot to play with anyone-IF they are able to make the playoffs

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

Y'all gotta let this ref thing go. Truly. I could understand to an extent if every yellow flag thrown was egregiously wrong, but they werent. 

The "non call" flag thing is a lame duck excuse. Literally ANY NFL game on ANY Sunday, you can make the argument for flags that should have been thrown. I'll give you that the non call on the Mims play was very close but that's it  

We just didnt show up the first half. If we punch in two of those 5 redzone trips, it's a different outcome. 

We lost the game because Mike Lafleur overthought his playbook yet again.

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Y'all gotta let this ref thing go. Truly. I could understand to an extent if every yellow flag thrown was egregiously wrong, but they werent. 

The "non call" flag thing is a lame duck excuse. Literally ANY NFL game on ANY Sunday, you can make the argument for flags that should have been thrown. I'll give you that the non call on the Mims play was very close but that's it  

We just didnt show up the first half. If we punch in two of those 5 redzone trips, it's a different outcome. 

We lost the game because Mike Lafleur overthought his playbook yet again.

Agreed.  Having said that it does both me how the refs seem to default to positions against the Jets.  On the white QB sneak he was clearly over the line yet the ref couldn’t say to run in and signal no good.   Same on the first down we challenged ref immediately raced in and signaled first down and it was not so clear.   I’m not a conspiracy guy but what these calls that are ruled against us do is force is to use your challenges and risk a loss of future challenges plus a timeout if they uphold the call.   Heck they even ruled against Breece Hall against Pittsburgh when anyone with eyes saw he had crossed the goal line.  Happened a bit too frequently going all the way back to that instance Sefarian Jenkins when they ruled not only it was not a TD but btw we are giving the ball to the other team too boot.   

1 minute ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Agreed.  Having said that it does both me how the refs seem to default to positions against the Jets.  On the white QB sneak he was clearly over the line yet the ref couldn’t say to run in and signal no good.   Same on the first down we challenged ref immediately raced in and signaled first down and it was not so clear.   I’m not a conspiracy guy but what these calls that are ruled against us do is force is to use your challenges and risk a loss of future challenges plus a timeout if they uphold the call.   Heck they even ruled against Breece Hall against Pittsburgh when anyone with eyes saw he had crossed the goal line.  Happened a bit too frequently going all the way back to that instance Sefarian Jenkins when they ruled not only it was not a TD but btw we are giving the ball to the other team too boot.   

That Seferian Jenkins call was a big time outlier and universally panned after the game. 

The examples you're using were not all clear from a refs perspective at the side of the goal line with a ton of bodies in the way, they were however clear from the comfort of our HDTVs though, and when given the chance to see what we saw, BOTH times the refs overturned them. Which spits in the face of the conspiracy theorists. 

Also, If you've watched the games this year, the refs have been letting Sauce get away with a quite a bit and I'm cool with that, but nobody cares about that.