They Lost But They Played Their Hearts Out

SoFlaJets

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Emotional wins don’t count in the NFL 

You know, I used to think this was true…but teams have to climb the ladder in the NFL to get the benefit of the doubt in the referree game. Good teams seem to get the benefit of the doubt from the Zebras…and we’re getting there now. 

While I appreciate the spirit of the thread, we’ve given up on the moral victories around here.
This feels a lot like the game vs Tampa last season.
You don’t get points for taking a better team down to the wire and losing unfortunately.

MiLF cost us games with his play calling, the difference is last year we weren’t trying to make the playoffs.

His play calling at the goal line with Mike under center they call a run up the gut, then he decides to pass out of the shot gun. Run an effen Play action with Mike under center.

He makes the game harder than it needs to be.

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

I hate morale victories as much as anyone but one thing I’ll say: it feels so much better actually going into the 4th quarter of games with a chance to win, even when we’re being outplayed. For too long we’ve been subject to crazy blowouts and fingers crossed we are past that 

We weren't outplayed. We outgained them 490 to 290. We just came up a little short in the end. 

7 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

We weren't outplayed. We outgained them 490 to 290. We just came up a little short in the end. 

They were way more efficient than we were and that’s OK. We had 490 yards on 83 plays; turned over the ball twice but could’ve easily been 4. They had 290 on 64 plays, no turnover worthy plays and scored when they had to. 

Our defense is far superior to theirs and they still were able to score 27 on us/hold us to 22. They play a bend don’t break style of defense and credit to they stepped up when it matter. You can nitpick and point to the Berrios play being the difference but let’s be real, that was excellent defense too. just missed some opportunities early that led to us playing catch-up and could not convert in the red zone consistently enough. 

It’s a really disappointing loss because while outplayed, we had plenty of opportunities to win. We’re a far more talented team than they are imo and we’re really just missing that one big piece. Kirk was unimpressive today, but I honestly think we probably win that game by 20 if he was our QB. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, football guy said:

I hate morale victories as much as anyone but one thing I’ll say: it feels so much better actually going into the 4th quarter of games with a chance to win, even when we’re being outplayed. For too long we’ve been subject to crazy blowouts and fingers crossed we are past that 

We went on the road to a team with the second best record in the NFL, and were a yard away from the upset.

This time last year, I had already run 32 mock drafts, and was rooting for the Jets and Seattle to lose every week.  That's progress.

• Upvote 1

Lol. The "No moral victories" crowd sounds a lot like "we have to take it one week at a time, can't look ahead" crowd. Shut up. We're not coaches or players. We're fans. We absolutely can take a step back after the initial gut punch of losing and say, **** yea I'm optimistic about this team going forward. Just like we were able to take a step back after wins and talk about how we were lucky and need to play better to sustain success. And newsflash, players and coaches do that too. "No moral victories" is just PR for the yahoos that think words on a podium mean something. 

We're 7-5 when the world thought we'd be 3-9. We lost to a 10-2 team who was helped out tremendously by the refs, and still had many shots at winning it in the end with while starting a 5th round career backup because our 2nd overall pick is the 40th best QB in the league and single-handedly lost us two games. Oh, and at the end of the season, our two best players on offense will have been out for most of this year.

• Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, football guy said:

They were way more efficient than we were and that’s OK. We had 490 yards on 83 plays; turned over the ball twice but could’ve easily been 4. They had 290 on 64 plays, no turnover worthy plays and scored when they had to. 

Our defense is far superior to theirs and they still were able to score 27 on us/hold us to 22. They play a bend don’t break style of defense and credit to they stepped up when it matter. You can nitpick and point to the Berrios play being the difference but let’s be real, that was excellent defense too. just missed some opportunities early that led to us playing catch-up and could not convert in the red zone consistently enough. 

It’s a really disappointing loss because while outplayed, we had plenty of opportunities to win. We’re a far more talented team than they are imo and we’re really just missing that one big piece. Kirk was unimpressive today, but I honestly think we probably win that game by 20 if he was our QB. 

They had no turnover worthy plays and we had 2 turnovers and could/should have been more?  Not sure how that works.  If you're counting turnovers that last one basically does not count and I'm pretty sure that at least one tipped pass hit a Jet defenders hands. I also don't know where the **** you envision Kirk Cousins winning that game by 20 for the Jets.  The Jets sure as sh*t weren't winning that game by 20 if  Mike White was QB for the Vikings. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Lol. The "No moral victories" crowd sounds a lot like "we have to take it one week at a time, can't look ahead" crowd. Shut up. We're not coaches or players. We're fans. We absolutely can take a step back after the initial gut punch of losing and say, **** yea I'm optimistic about this team going forward. Just like we were able to take a step back after wins and talk about how we were lucky and need to play better to sustain success. And newsflash, players and coaches do that too. "No moral victories" is just PR for the yahoos that think words on a podium mean something. 

We're 7-5 when the world thought we'd be 3-9. We lost to a 10-2 team who was helped out tremendously by the refs, and still had many shots at winning it in the end with while starting a 5th round career backup because our 2nd overall pick is the 40th best QB in the league and single-handedly lost us two games. Oh, and at the end of the season, our two best players on offense will have been out for most of this year.

Thank you greenwich you absolutely get what I was saying, Rob too (chirorob)is absolutely right by now we would be either not caring or paying attention to football or watching who is losing more than us to screw up our draft position. What a lousy football fan existence that is, and it's been going on for a whole decade.

• Upvote 1

On 12/4/2022 at 4:27 PM, SoFlaJets said:

I can't even be depressed, sure, a lot could have been different but this is a team who I feel is like that Jets team when Sanchez gave them a shot to win every game-This team has a real good shot to get somewhere. 

they were a Berrios grab away from stealing it 

I also cannot be depressed the Jets are a dangerous team and not to be taken lightly 

12 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Thank you greenwich you absolutely get what I was saying, Rob too (chirorob)is absolutely right by now we would be either not caring or paying attention to football or watching who is losing more than us to screw up our draft position. What a lousy football fan existence that is, and it's been going on for a whole decade.

The people that are telling us we're not allowed to be excited are the same ones that have been actively ignoring what's on the field and instead have been yelling at us for close to 2 years about how Zach Wilson is the most talented QB ever and is a combination of Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes.

As fans, we absolutely can take solace in their play despite the loss and absolutely can take a "moral victory" when we've had nothing but empty losses for the better part of 12 years. I assure everyone that my looking ahead at the schedule or being happy with the quality of play yesterday will not prevent the players or coaches from watching film and trying to get better. Anyone who wants to dampen that can put me on ignore.

7 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The people that are telling us we're not allowed to be excited are the same ones that have been actively ignoring what's on the field and instead have been yelling at us for close to 2 years about how Zach Wilson is the most talented QB ever and is a combination of Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes.

As fans, we absolutely can take solace in their play despite the loss and absolutely can take a "moral victory" when we've had nothing but empty losses for the better part of 12 years. I assure everyone that my looking ahead at the schedule or being happy with the quality of play yesterday will not prevent the players or coaches from watching film and trying to get better. Anyone who wants to dampen that can put me on ignore.

I guess that's what it has to be, these Zach lovers, hey man when he was under center every game he was there, I rooted for him on every play to complete this pass-PLEASE. Then that last NE game I actually was hoping he's get Covid or something or Mono like Sam did, something, anything to get us Mike White on the field instead of him. I knew White was going to be damn good and much better than Wilson and that if we could just get that to happen we could actually have a shot at the playoffs, and if we can get there, anything is possible

26 minutes ago, bitonti said:

they were a Berrios grab away from stealing it 

I also cannot be depressed the Jets are a dangerous team and not to be taken lightly 

Yea they tore me a new one in this thread yesterday Matt, but I just don't feel as badly as I did after the last loss to the Pats, I believe in Mike White as our QB going forward, he's a better passer than Kirk Cousins who frigging laughed at the idea of playing for the Jets and all we heard all week was this WR who was unstoppable and a possible MVP candidate-well our CB's shut him down pretty well. All that Zach Wilson is so talented stuff, I never saw it come to fruition,I keep hearing it talked about from the sports guys too. What am I missing, what DID I miss?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

All that Zach Wilson is so talented stuff, I never saw it come to fruition,I keep hearing it talked about from the sports guys too. What am I missing, what DID I miss?

Confused Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

i'll go to my grave never understanding how Zach Wilson got drafted at 2 overall 

i get it as like a late 1st or even a developmental 3rd but to take this guy at 2 overall was absolutely ridiculous 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

This team is a joy to watch and root for.  

They're ahead of schedule and anything from here on out is gravy.  Just enjoy the moment and prep yourself for when it gets really serious next year.  

It's serious now Jim

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Confused Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

i'll go to my grave never understanding how Zach Wilson got drafted at 2 overall 

i get it as like a late 1st or even a developmental 3rd but to take this guy at 2 overall was absolutely ridiculous 

I'd be interested to see what Draft Daddy had written about him on the run up to the 21 draft