We didn't get the outcome we wanted, but a couple things are clear

hawk

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Again. If we have AVT and Breece. Totally different game. 

Also we need good safety play in the worst way 

Likely. This is a good young team that should be very competitive for the foreseeable future.  I'm not thrilled they lost but they are competitive.   

41 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

And berrios is a kick returner. Maybe throw it to another WR when the game is on the line.

listening to White in the press conf, I was amazed how much he saw in that play in the 3 seconds he had the ball... mentioned each receiver and why they had taken them away and then talked about how he saw braxton and the rush coming and didn't want to end the game with the ball in his hands...so he thought it was his only option...

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetstream said:

listening to White in the press conf, I was amazed how much he saw in that play in the 3 seconds he had the ball... mentioned each receiver and why they had taken them away and then talked about how he saw braxton and the rush coming and didn't want to end the game with the ball in his hands...so he thought it was his only option...

He processes the game quickly unlike the other guy. 

• Upvote 3

I saw that as well.  His chip processing speed is high.   His leadership is top notch.  He’s tough and makes plays.   To me he looks like he has the potential to be a very good player.  If he was the one we picked #2 overall the perception of him after this game would be hugely positive, rallying the team down the field multiple times for a chance to win.   He’s young and this was like his 5th or 6th start.   I’m very psyched to see what he can do.  

4 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

I saw that as well.  His chip processing speed is high.   His leadership is top notch.  He’s tough and makes plays.   To me he looks like he has the potential to be a very good player.  If he was the one we picked #2 overall the perception of him after this game would be hugely positive, rallying the team down the field multiple times for a chance to win.   He’s young and this was like his 5th or 6th start.   I’m very psyched to see what he can do.  

He’s 4 yrs older than ZW.  Not that huge.

1 hour ago, Dax89 said:

Not a moral victory but they went down to the wire with one of the best teams in the league, no need to hang your head.  So much young talent in rookie contracts.

I felt the Jets were better for most of the game.  I felt the Jets lost this game not got beat.  At the end, the record is 7 and 5, so really doesn't matter which way.

1 hour ago, hawk said:

This 2022 NYJ Team is a contender, is Young and growing up before our eyes.  

Mike White is capable of playing Quarterback in the NFL, and has shown tremendous poise in the face of adversity.   

This Defense is Elite, save a couple of average players in the back.    

And the O line, being held together this year with bandaids and bubble gum needs some more hosses 

6 hours ago, frankiepapa said:

Said it last week, and maybe it's just not there yet, but one thing I'd like to see is MW use his feet more... he might have been able to run it in on the last red zone debacle

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

He’s not very mobile really, the Vikings knew that 

7 hours ago, hawk said:

This 2022 NYJ Team is a contender, is Young and growing up before our eyes.  

Mike White is capable of playing Quarterback in the NFL, and has shown tremendous poise in the face of adversity.   

This Defense is Elite, save a couple of average players in the back.    

Joyner has to go. Hoping for a 2nd round safety next year. More depth at LB and maybe a Kwon replacement if he isn't back.

It is amazing what this defense is getting done, today was one of their poorer performances too. They still got several big stops when it was needed.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Joyner has to go. Hoping for a 2nd round safety next year. More depth at LB and maybe a Kwon replacement if he isn't back.

It is amazing what this defense is getting done, today was one of their poorer performances too. They still got several big stops when it was needed.

Upgrade Joyner, get some depth at LBer, find some more depth on the OL, invest in Mike White, and this team is primed...

• Upvote 1

We're going to argue about White each week until Week 1 next year. (Assuming he's still on the team. We can argue over whether he will come back in the offseason...) 

He looked a lot like Wilson the first half. Several dirt balls/bad passes, happy feet, just not great out there. It's concerning that he backslid in the face of a defense that seemed to know what to do with him. He looked better in the second half especially accounting for how many passing plays he carried. The season and potentially offseason has a lot of tough defenses so let's hope today's first half was a fluke and he's got more consistency to him. 

White seems to be more of the mold of QB for LaFleur's system--he's not terribly mobile and doesn't bolt from the pocket in the face of pressure. That makes me extra frustrated by how bad the playcalling was on the offense. If there's a better QB and a QB better suited for your system, you shouldn't have to rely on FGs to stay in the game against one of the worst ranked passing defenses. 

I am reserving judgment on whether White is a starting caliber QB after two uneven games but he's playing better than Wilson and deserves to hold on to the job until he proves otherwise.

7 hours ago, Jetstream said:

exactly. people have to put that last INT in context. it was the last play of the game and like he said he didnt want it to end with the ball in his hands. im sure if it was 3rd down with more time he doesnt throw it there,