Before we get all the bad takes, let's be clear...

He had 3 possessions. That's sorta the underlying point of the bullets about Davis on the first drive, the drops, and LaFleur not gameplanning. MW wasn't bad or good in the first half. He just wasn't anything really. If all those drops are catches - it's a different conversation. 

The throw to Wilson was too overthrown for a pass that long, he threw a few balls into the ground and had a qb rating of 50 in the 1st half. Let’s be fair, you either hold the qb accountable when there’s drop or you don’t, can’t have it both ways depending on the QB, come on now.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The Vikings are a good football team. You cannot have all of this going wrong and expect to win against a good team.

• The refs cost us a fair shot in the first half because the officiating was clearly not impartial.
  • Corey Davis cost us our composure on the first drive - then subsequently cost us a possession and 3 points.
  • Our defense cost us our momentum in the 2nd half when the Vikings just cut right through us to answer our 5th FG.
  • Conklin, Davis and even Wilson cost us drives by getting both hands on passes and dropping them.
  • Mike LaFleur cost us multiple TDs in the redzone with stupid, passive play calls.
  • Mike LaFleur cost us the chance to jump out to an early lead because he failed to gameplan to attack this Vikings secondary from go.
  • Braxton Berrios cost us a redzone trip and points by running the wrong way and drifting Fant into the block in the back penalty.
  • Braxton Berrios cost us the win by not securing a ball that hit both hands and sat in his chest. 

Mike White gave us an epic rally and played us into the win. I won't hear otherwise. Needing to do it a second time was absurd.

It’s funny how there are no critiques of MW in here. Being unable to score tds in the first half hurt big time. Plenty of throws were too high (at least 2 to GW + more) or behind the receiver.  Let’s just be objective here. Sure he was better than ZW, but he wasn’t perfect by any means. 

The D didn’t play great in the first half, but stepped up huge in the 2nd. They really gave the team a chance of a comeback. 

Greg the leg was on point today. We may have a kicker for the next few years. 

MLF was questionable at times. Wtf was that berrios run in the red zone?? 

Overall the guys played well against a very good team on the road. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

The throw to Wilson was too overthrown for a pass that long, he threw a few balls into the ground and had a qb rating of 50 in the 1st half. Let’s be fair, you either hold the qb accountable when there’s drop or you don’t, can’t have it both ways depending on the QB, come on now.

Oh, you're trying to make it a Zach vs. MW thing. I see. I never blamed Zach for drops - so, there you go. 

If you are having a problem telling the difference between the QB play of Zach Wilson and Mike White you should just watch the World Cup.

What are you talking about? The point of the matter is the stats are what they are no matter who the QB is, you can’t cherry pick drops/incompletions depending on who the QB is. The FACT is White did not play a good 1st half, played Exceptionally well 2nd half. Watch the tape, you’ll learn a thing or two.

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

A few things were clear to me today:

• Defense is very good but can’t call themselves elite after days like today.

• Mike White is miles better than Zack Wilson, and it’s not even close.

• Mike White has some more work to do to prove he can be FQB…but for now or until we find that guy…he’ll do just fine.

• As a team…we aren’t there yet…but almost are and that’s saying a whole hell of a lot considering how bad we’ve been for how long.

• Playoffs seems gone now but let’s finish the year strong and go grab 10 wins.

I agree with all of this except the last one. Why are the playoffs gone? They are still in playoff position. 

• Upvote 3

Oh, you're trying to make it a Zach vs. MW thing. I see. I never blamed Zach for drops - so, there you go. 

It seems that’s what your doing, I’m a jets fan through no matter who the Qb is, but I’m fair at the same time. The throw the G Wilson was overthrown a little, considering the distance. I can care less who you blame for what, but the bottom line is drops/incompletions fall on the qb no matter who he is.

4 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

It’s funny how there are no critiques of MW in here. Being unable to score tds in the first half hurt big time. Plenty of throws were too high (at least 2 to GW + more) or behind the receiver.  Let’s just be objective here. Sure he was better than ZW, but he wasn’t perfect by any means. 

The D didn’t play great in the first half, but stepped up huge in the 2nd. They really gave the team a chance of a comeback. 

Greg the leg was on point today. We may have a kicker for the next few years. 

MLF was questionable at times. Wtf was that berrios run in the red zone?? 

Overall the guys played well against a very good team on the road. 

Why would I critique him? Was the expectation that the guy that started as our 3rd QB and is only starting his 2nd game this season would be perfect? This thread isn't about Zach or Mike White. It's about the single points of failure by the team that cost us the win. I started the thread to pre-empt the completely stupid narratives that always pop up after a loss.

Nothing I said is wrong. These were all mistakes or places where we were out-matched.

Other posters can talk about "well, if so-and-so make this catch, then...", but I'll focus on the mistakes we made that cost us.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Refs were not the problem in any way shape or form   

i am so tired of the ref's thing. every single game you can go to twitter and fans complain about referees. i really dont want to hear it, the ref's are sh*tty for everyone in every game across the NFL....just ask their fans.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

A few things were clear to me today:

• Defense is very good but can’t call themselves elite after days like today.

• Mike White is miles better than Zack Wilson, and it’s not even close.

• Mike White has some more work to do to prove he can be FQB…but for now or until we find that guy…he’ll do just fine.

• As a team…we aren’t there yet…but almost are and that’s saying a whole hell of a lot considering how bad we’ve been for how long.

• Playoffs seems gone now but let’s finish the year strong and go grab 10 wins.

Playoffs are over? Really. I want them to peak in week 22.

1 minute ago, JetsYanks13 said:

It seems that’s what your doing, I’m a jets fan through no matter who the Qb is, but I’m fair at the same time. The throw the G Wilson was overthrown a little, considering the distance. I can care less who you blame for what, but the bottom line is drops/incompletions fall on the qb no matter who he is.

Drops are statistically record as catchable passes that are corralled but not completed to WRs. It's literally a statistical category that attempts to illustrate incompletions that are not the fault of the QB.

So, talking about drops and incompletions as the same thing is where you go off the rails. Trying to ascribe a juvenile agenda to the intent of my thread is where you crash and burn.

• Post of the Week 1