Before we get all the bad takes, let's be clear...

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Why would I critique him? Was the expectation that the guy that started as our 3rd QB and is only starting his 2nd game this season would be perfect? This thread isn't about Zach or Mike White. It's about the single points of failure by the team that cost us the win. I started the thread to pre-empt the completely stupid narratives that always pop up after a loss.

Nothing I said is wrong. These were all mistakes or places where we were out-matched.

Other posters can talk about "well, if so-and-so make this catch, then...", but I'll focus on the mistakes we made that cost us.

You critiqued most of the other players. White made plenty of mistakes tho and they were not so unexpectedly missing from your post. 

There were ups and downs across the board with most of the guys. It’s a young inexperienced team who still needs time. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I agree with all of this except the last one. Why are the playoffs gone? They are still in playoff position. 

They’re not technically.

It’s just going to be a tough hill to climb with Buffalo up next, which I think will knock us to 7-6….leaving us to possibly having to win our last 4.

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yup. And if he got all the reps with the first team all spring, summer, and the whole season leading up to last week prior to being on the scout team behind the corpse of Joe Flacco, he hits it. 

Zach Wilson got every first team rep for the better part of 2 years and managed -2 yards in his last half of Football.

I think today showed that there is potential with MW. What’s done is done, time to make up for it. There is not as much pressure to make it work with Zach now. Just make it work with someone.

5 minutes ago, Blackout said:

Saleh shouldn't have gone for it before end of second half.  That ruined the game for us. 

Greg the Leg rescued us ... both teams got 3 points, a punt would have likely had the same net effect. Or possibly worse.

Yes we must hit every play while the opposition misses some.  I believe cousins had a guy even more wide open and missed him.   Mike white threw for 357 yards today.   Is that what max jones did?  If berries doesn’t let the ball fall out if his hands while lying in the end zone we are looking at a potentially epic comeback against a 9-2 team in the road.   For that matter if we could get the final yard on any one of about 5 occasions there’s a great chance we win.  Anybody walking away with too much bad to say about the team and their effort, especially in the second half, might have too high expectations.
And that’s all I got to say about that…

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, DLJ said:

Berrios needs to swallow a bag of rancid dicks

Barrios is like a 5'6 kick returner with arms the length of a 12 year old, and without any kind  of history of significant production as a receiver in the NFL. He isn't the problem, its the fact that we put him in that position with the game on the line.

• Upvote 1

Barrios is like a 5'6 kick returner with arms the length of a 12 year old, and without any kind  of history of significant production as a receiver in the NFL. He isn't the problem, its the fact that we put him in that position with the game on the line.

He’s a professional football player and being paid as such. He needs to make that 1 fckn catch
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

You critiqued most of the other players. White made plenty of mistakes tho and they were not so unexpectedly missing from your post. 

There were ups and downs across the board with most of the guys. 

He threw for 370 yards and gave us our only TD. The first INT wasn't on him. The second was his biggest blemish in the game, and as far as I'm concerned it wasn't something that "cost" us the game. It was an inevitability given the situation.

Drops are statistically record as catchable passes that are corralled but not completed to WRs. It's literally a statistical category that attempts to illustrate incompletions that are not the fault of the QB.
So, talking about drops and incompletions as the same thing is where you go off the rails. Trying to ascribe a juvenile agenda to the intent of my thread is where you crash and burn.

Congrats, you read the dictionary and learned a bunch of fancy words. A dropped pass is an incompletion regardless of who threw and did not catch the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i am so tired of the ref's thing. every single game you can go to twitter and fans complain about referees. i really dont want to hear it, the ref's are sh*tty for everyone in every game across the NFL....just ask their fans.

This is a flag happy crew. Shamash gives the team a ref crew scouting report every week. Vikings seemed to know, jets not so much. 

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

1 minute ago, DLJ said:

He’s a professional football player and being paid as such. He needs to make that 1 fckn catch

Both things can be true.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

He threw for 370 yards and gave us our only TD. The first INT wasn't on him. The second was his biggest blemish in the game, and as far as I'm concerned it wasn't something that "cost" us the game. It was an inevitability given the situation.

57 attempts.  It was a small step in the right direction, but excusing everything he did is

a

bad take lol

• Sympathy 1

I’m not even talking about the ints. There were plenty of opportunities for big plays and he missed. Throwing it out of reach of the wrs. He was throwing it behind guys causing drops. There was a play in the red zone where he forced it to a double covered GW while Moore was wide open. This is all just on first viewing. 

I want White to succeed, but he isn’t beyond criticism. 

• Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The Vikings are a good football team. You cannot have all of this going wrong and expect to win against a good team.

• The refs cost us a fair shot in the first half because the officiating was clearly not impartial.
  • Corey Davis cost us our composure on the first drive - then subsequently cost us a possession and 3 points.
  • Our defense cost us our momentum in the 2nd half when the Vikings just cut right through us to answer our 5th FG.
  • Conklin, Davis and even Wilson cost us drives by getting both hands on passes and dropping them.
  • Mike LaFleur cost us multiple TDs in the redzone with stupid, passive play calls.
  • Mike LaFleur cost us the chance to jump out to an early lead because he failed to gameplan to attack this Vikings secondary from go.
  • Braxton Berrios cost us a redzone trip and points by running the wrong way and drifting Fant into the block in the back penalty.
  • Braxton Berrios cost us the win by not securing a ball that hit both hands and sat in his chest. 

Mike White gave us an epic rally and played us into the win. I won't hear otherwise. Needing to do it a second time was absurd.

So basically it was a team loss

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Yes we must hit every play while the opposition misses some.  I believe cousins had a guy even more wide open and missed him.   Mike white threw for 357 yards today.   Is that what max jones did?  If berries doesn’t let the ball fall out if his hands while lying in the end zone we are looking at a potentially epic comeback against a 9-2 team in the road.   For that matter if we could get the final yard on any one of about 5 occasions there’s a great chance we win.  Anybody walking away with too much bad to say about the team and their effort, especially in the second half, might have too high expectations.
And that’s all I got to say about that…

Agree with this ... all the talk on here in the run up to the game was how we would win in a blowout. On the road, against a team with one of the best records in the NFL, because we beat Chicago last week. Minnesota have now swept the AFC East. They're a good team.

I know the loss hurts, but it's encouraging that we were in it that late after how bad we were in the first half. The team needs to build on this, stay hungry and work even harder next week. Can't have another slow start like we did.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, JetsYanks13 said:

He also had 57 attempts

Did you watch the game? ffs

Your counterpoints are contradicting your initial arguments. 57 attempts in a game where we had a multi-score deficit before our 4th drive is something you should expect. I don't even understand what point you're trying to make. Despite all of the mistakes and bad coaching I illustrated, Mike White put the ball in the hands of a receiver in the endzone for what should have been the win. Why in the world would I call him out in a list of "things that cost us the game"? 

Take the agenda and kick rocks.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

he gets paid to return kicks and run trick plays...i am not sure how anyone could argue with that. how many catches down the middle does he have this year? 

The sh*tty thing is that he’s being paid too much. He’s making starter money when he shouldn’t be. He’s a pretty good return guy and decent with gadget plays. If he was making less then the expectations would be lower 

• Ugh 1

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

Agree with this ... all the talk on here in the run up to the game was how we would win in a blowout. On the road, against a team with one of the best records in the NFL, because we beat Chicago last week. Minnesota have now swept the AFC East. They're a good team.

I know the loss hurts, but it's encouraging that we were in it that late after how bad we were in the first half. The team needs to build on this, stay hungry and work even harder next week. Can't have another slow start like we did.

Moral victories unfortunately don't count as wins to make the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

The sh*tty thing is that he’s being paid too much. He’s making starter money when he shouldn’t be. He’s a pretty good return guy and decent with gadget plays. If he was making less then the expectations would be lower 

2 years 12mil is fine. i got no issue with it.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I’m not even talking about the ints. There were plenty of opportunities for big plays and he missed. Throwing it out of reach of the wrs. He was throwing it behind guys causing drops. There was a play in the red zone where he forced it to a double covered GW while Moore was wide open. This is all just on first viewing. 

I want White to succeed, but he isn’t beyond criticism. 

I never said he's beyond criticism. I think the point you and some others seem to not understand is that I listed major mistakes, problems that we weren't able to overcome. A QB overthrowing some of his passes is part of every NFL game. Nobody should view that as the reason we lost. 

If you guys want to talk about hypothetical outcomes to things that didn't happen, go create a different thread. Nothing I said is hypothetical. No "should have been an interception" or "if so-and-so caught it, then this happens". I simply listed mistakes that were actually made - like right there in front of everyone's eyes. 

There's plenty of room for realistic threads and theoretical threads to co-exist. Good luck.

The lesson is that half this fan base thinks we are hot shi* after one good game.

White is our QB for the rest of the year and is for sure the best alternative we still lost.  People go out of their minds about this team and think we are super good and should walk over or beat the best teams in the league.  We are not there, we still have holes.

Some of the takes in in the pre game threads were flat out stupid people thinking we were going to thump the vikings.

An yes the going way over board with mike white was stupid as well.  'Mike fing white ' tshirts as if we had actually done anything of note.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I never said he's beyond criticism. I think the point you and some others seem to not understand is that I listed major mistakes, problems that we weren't able to overcome. A QB overthrowing some of his passes is part of every NFL game. Nobody should view that as the reason we lost. 

If you guys want to talk about hypothetical outcomes to things that didn't happen, go create a different thread. Nothing I said is hypothetical. No "should have been an interception" or "if so-and-so caught it, then this happens". I simply listed mistakes that were actually made - like right there in front of everyone's eyes. 

There's plenty of room for realistic threads and theoretical threads to co-exist. Good luck.

So white overthrowing wrs and throwing it behind them isn’t a mistake that was actually made in front of everyone’s eyes? Why is that hypothetical? 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Did you watch the game? ffs
Your counterpoints are contradicting your initial arguments. 57 attempts in a game where we had a multi-score deficit before our 4th drive is something you should expect. I don't even understand what point you're trying to make. Despite all of the mistakes and bad coaching I illustrated, Mike White put the ball in the hands of a receiver in the endzone for what should have been the win. Why in the world would I call him out in a list of "things that cost us the game"? 
Take the agenda and kick rocks.

I watched the game and if you need to learn a thing or two about football, then give me a call.

1. I’m not blaming White entirely for the loss, but he’s the QB and threw some bad balls in the 1st half and on the last 3rd down play, he threw a terrible ball. There were a few other plays as well where he missed a guy or two.
2. The ball to Berrios is on Berrios, not on white so I have no idea what your talking about there.
3. The OC and the D deserve their fair share of blame as well
4. He should not have 57 attempts in the game, once again other aspects of the team contributed to this, but to have 360 yards with that many attempts Is not ground breaking.
5. If you have an infatuation with White and feel the need to be his guardian of this site, then knock yourself out. But objective Jets fan are allowed to call him out when deserved with or without your permission! Grow up

• Upvote 2