Before we get all the bad takes, let's be clear...

43 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Game one:

Jets lose 22-17, QB throws for 355 yards on 41 attempt, 2 tds and 3 ints

Game two:

Jets lose 27-22, QB throws for 363 yards on 57 attempts, 0 tds and 2 ints

Game one QB is the biggest bum of all time that cost the team the game.

Game two QB....wasn't his fault!

I don't think you watch the games

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Game one:

Game two:

Be better.

The drops were frustrating but, to be fair, Zach Wilson had one of the highest drop percentages in the league among these receivers too, and for the same reason: too many of these passes were late or inaccurate. If we dinged Zach for them, it’s only fair to ding White.

That’s a completely fair and accurate statement and applaud you for stating the obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Who do you blame for the 3rd down throw on the second to last play of the game? Also, who threw a pick on the last 4th down play of the game?

*once again, White gets some of the blame for the loss.

Garrett Wilson slipped out of his break on that 3rd down play. He was running a fade to the corner of the end zone. That's a timing play with a designed throw to that guy. 

I am puzzled by how you seem to think I'm absolving Mike White of any blame. He missed throws. I know that. I don't view missed throws as what cost us the win in this game. I've restated this several times - I don't understand what more you want out of the discussion. Are you expecting me to change my opinion? If so, you're going to have to come up with a better, more respectable counterpoint... this is just silly.

Answer the questions instead of a paragraph of non sense,

WHO THREW THE 3rd DOWN PASS OUT OF BOUNDS OF THE 2nd TO LAST PLAY OF THE GAME?

WHO THREW THE GAME ENDING PICK?

THOSE TWO PLAYS, AMONGST OTHERS, CONTRIBUTED TO THE JETS LOSS!!!

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The drops were frustrating but, to be fair, Zach Wilson had one of the highest drop percentages in the league among these receivers too, and for the same reason: too many of these passes were late or inaccurate. If we dinged Zach for them, it’s only fair to ding White.

I agree. The big difference is that Wilson can not make up for the bad throws by making plays and White can.  You can accept mistakes if you also make plays. 

• Upvote 2

I’m calming down a little from the disappointment and here is what I’m taking away: 

1) Two back to back 300+ passing yards. When is the last time that happened? We have legit 1 and 2 year players lighting it up. 

2) the defense had a below average game for them. They only got to Cousins a few times and he was able to make his plays when he needed to. But they came up big a few times to give them a chance to win the game

3) if even one drive had resulted in a TD this is likely a win. On the road no less.

4) MW isn’t Tom Brady. But they don’t need him to be. There is enough talent on this team to win even with ok QB play. 

5) this game was won/lost in the red zone, and that play design needs to be fixed. Part of that would be being down to a 3rd and 4th string RB, but they needed to trust their running game more. Also, Berrios is a gadget player, and occasional slot receiver. He’s not a reliable clutch player. I want that last pass going to Wilson, Moore, or a TE. Uzomah was a non-factor other than his one big catch and Conklin had a bad game. Buts either Of those guys should have been a primary target there

6) can you imagine if Berrios caught that ball? We would no longer be talking about all the things that went wrong, we be talking about our future QB and how he just lead a massive comeback against one of the premier teams in the NFL. I’m willing to pump the breaks on White a little now. But I think he’s the QB1 for the rest of the season, and depending on how that goes could be in talks to be QB1 of the future. Tough day all around, but I still think they can sneak into the playoffs and create a splash there

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Game one:

Game two:

Expected more from you 

4 minutes ago, Yeetin It said:

I’m calming down a little from the disappointment and here is what I’m taking away: 

1) Two back to back 300+ passing yards. When is the last time that happened? We have legit 1 and 2 year players lighting it up. 

Didn’t Flacco throw back to back 300 yard games? Almost 3 if the first one was 15 more yards. 

Being from behind tends to equal more passing attempts and yards. 

Garrett Wilson slipped out of his break on that 3rd down play. He was running a fade to the corner of the end zone. That's a timing play with a designed throw to that guy. 

I was referencing the last series of the game, not the second to last series, Wilson falling there was a killer, should of ran the ball with Bam

4 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Didn’t Flacco throw back to back 300 yard games? Almost 3 if the first one was 15 more yards. 

Being from behind tends to equal more passing attempts and yards. 

Oh I honestly have no idea. I’m just excited to see those kinds of numbers haha

18 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Answer the questions instead of a paragraph of non sense,

WHO THREW THE 3rd DOWN PASS OUT OF BOUNDS OF THE 2nd TO LAST PLAY OF THE GAME?

WHO THREW THE GAME ENDING PICK?

THOSE TWO PLAYS, AMONGST OTHERS, CONTRIBUTED TO THE JETS LOSS!!!

I’m still trying to get you to acknowledge the first batch of things you were wrong about. Why would I indulge the straws you’re grasping for?

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I didn’t ding Zach for drops. So, you guys can sort it out. Good luck in that, this one’s a doozy.

I’m still trying to get you to acknowledge the first batch of things you were wrong about. Why would I indulge the straws you’re grasping for?

Ok, so you dodged my questions twice in a row and in some weird way I’m wrong.

ANSWER THE QUESTION!!! DID THOSE PLAYS IMPACT THE RESULT OF THE GAME?

If the answer is yes, then Mike White is one of the reasons the Jets lost the game.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Game one:

Game two:

It's all about timing and what happened with the INT.

White's first INT was a tipped drop by Corey Davis. Sure, White could have thrown better but it wasn't an awful pass. I missed White's 2nd INT. 

Zach Wilson's INTs all came on possessions that would have given his team a chance to lead. That said I do not think Wilson cost his team that first Patriots game.

Either way, Zach's INTs played a much bigger part in the reason behind the loss than White's INTs did. White didn't have an amazing game like against the Bears or Bengals but it wasn't terrible.

3 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Ok, so you dodged my questions twice in a row and in some weird way I’m wrong.

ANSWER THE QUESTION!!! DID THOSE PLAYS IMPACT THE RESULT OF THE GAME?

If the answer is yes, then Mike White is one of the reasons the Jets lost the game.

You deflected your way to this point. As a 100% sign of disregard and disrespect, I’m just deflecting right back.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Game one:

Game two:

Yup!!!

Just now, JetsYanks13 said:

So you deflected the question 3 times because either you don’t know the answer or you convinced yourself that Mike White is beyond blame and bigger than the team.

No, I deflected it to string you along and make you look foolish.

Mike White wasn’t as accurate and especially in the first half was throwing too much to the back shoulder of his WRs.  But he also stepped up in the pocket, made the right reads and made some really nice throws. 

So if you’re on this site bashing White tonight, slowly remove your Zach Wilson bobble head out of your ass and please join us in a place we call reality. White might not be elite but he gives us a much better chance at winning then Wilson will. 

Here are my takes:

~The defense played well but not well enough. This Vikings team is a super power on offense. The Jets defense held Cousins to 173 yards and force him to spread the ball around to 8 different receivers. Justin Jefferson was held to 45 yards and a TD. Having a really good RB and good WRs is really hard to defend against. Despite that they only allowed 287 yards on offense to the Jet's 486. 4.3 yards per play. Unfortunately they couldn't stop the Vikes from scoring. 27 points is the most points a team has scored against the Jets since week 3 (Which also happened to be 27 points). I'm hoping for a bounce-back game against the Bills. 

~Playcalling was what determined this game. The Vikings offensive playcaller adjusted to what the Jets defense did and you could see that in how at the starts of halves the Vikings couldn't do anything but after a little bit they would figure it out. The Jets had some awful playcalling by MLF. Hopefully he will call better games. 

~Mike White threw the ball 15+ times too many. I don't know if this is an RB issue or playcalling, but this imbalance was a big reason why the offense couldn't do much. Having a one dimensional offense only works when you have a really good playcaller like the Chiefs. White averaged 6.5 passing yards per attempt, and his high passing yards are due to the sheer amount of passes he threw. Statistically he didn't have a great game, but he looked good from what I watched. 26 incompletions are not due to a bunch of WR drops. Maybe 6-7 of those are all on the WR. The rest were throws that could have been more accurate but were also catchable. Mike White could have played better but overall I am happy with how he did, especially with the atrocious play calling. I am still curious as to how he plays against a good defense, because the Vikings defense has been pretty bad this season too.

~The Jets D has to be cleaner. Yes, I know the refs called some awful penalties, but quite a few were legitimate and if the Jets want to have any playoff success they have to be more than just the better team. The refs won't suddenly be better in the playoffs, teams like the Saints and the Raiders know that. The Jets D (and O too) will have to beat the refs and the opponent team on many occasions. If the defense is so good that they can shut down the opposing offense despite penalties, that is the sign of a Super Bowl defense.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

A few things were clear to me today:

• Defense is very good but can’t call themselves elite after days like today.

• Mike White is miles better than Zack Wilson, and it’s not even close.

• Mike White has some more work to do to prove he can be FQB…but for now or until we find that guy…he’ll do just fine.

• As a team…we aren’t there yet…but almost are and that’s saying a whole hell of a lot considering how bad we’ve been for how long.

• Playoffs seems gone now but let’s finish the year strong and go grab 10 wins.

Mike White is far, far, far superior to Wilson and it's not even close to being close.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, theicecreamqueen said:

Mike White is far, far, far superior to Wilson and it's not even close to being close.

Being better than Zach Wilson at this point in time is a given, but this isn't about being better than Zach Wilson.  It's about being good enough to win a Superbowl, which MW is not.  If you just wanna win a couple of more games, Mike's your guy.

• Braxton Berrios cost us a redzone trip and points by running the wrong way and drifting Fant into the block in the back penalty.

• Berrios is trying to get more yards, Fant committed the penalty with the block in the back, he and he alone is guilty of that penalty. To try to blame Berrios is ludicrous.
    • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

Berrios is trying to get more yards, Fant committed the penalty with the block in the back, he and he alone is guilty of that penalty. To try to blame Berrios is ludicrous.

Yea, I replied to someone else earlier, this is fair and I agree. Berrios still sucks.