Tough Loss But …

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I have mixed emotions on CD.  He's really had his moments this year.  I don't want him gone.  

He just doesn’t get enough separation for my liking, Plus he’s missed 12-13 games the past 2 years.

A second elite WR takes this offense to near the top of the league with AVT and Breece coming back.

White has now performed very well in 4 of his 5 starts including Indy where he got hurt.  Cincy (great), Indy (really good start to game), Buffalo (X), Chicago (great), Minnesota (very good).

If this plays out like I think it will, White will be our starter next year and our goal should be to get him even more weapons.  Can’t have too many.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

1. White looks like a guy we can win with.   Several more games for a complete evaluation but he balled out today. Overall looked better than the Vikings starting QB. 

2. He’s more than a game manager, making several big time throws, throwing deep (just missed to Garrett) and adjusting his velocity (beautifully) as needed

3. The interior run blocking and LaFleur are responsible for this loss.

4. This game shows why we need a dangerous #2 WR to compliment Garrett.  Conklin, Berrios, Moore all failed to make tough catches.

5. Also shows we need another road grading nasty in the middle for short yardage.

6. Garrett has Jefferson potential.  Scary how good he is.

7. Bam is a good nickname for the kid.  Odd we put him at risk on the practice squad over Ty Johnson.

8. Thank God Quinnen is ok.

9. Offensive Tackles performed well against the Vikings stud Edge rushers.  LBs did well containing Hockerson and Cook.

10. A stud free safety completes our secondary and makes our defense that much better.  Bigger need than LB in my opinion.  As in round 2 or so

I feel great about our future!!

So your saying the whole team sucked, basically

• WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

So your saying the whole team sucked, basically

Huh?!

I explicitly complimented White, Garrett Wilson, Bam, our Offensive Tackles, Quinnen, and our LBs.

My desire for a #2 WR is for a guy who can make the tough catches and create separation.  I didn’t use the term sucks once.

LaFleur and the interior OLine cost us the game today.  We failed to capitalize in the red zone.  That simple.  There were no running lanes near the goal line.  We also got too cute.

I mean did you read my post?

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I have mixed emotions on CD.  He's really had his moments this year.  I don't want him gone.  

He had 3 or 4 penalties, a couple of drive stoppers.  And of course would be Sunday without a few key drops, one that caused a turnover/INT and led to 3 points.  3 points that if taken off the board has the Jets in FG position kicking a game winning FG with a few seconds on the clock.

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

Stud #2 WR would be great but I want a beast TE

In a perfect world ..

but ..

We just signed Conklin & Uzomah to nice contracts.  Cutting them is not a realistic option and having them sit is not a good use of cap dollars.  They are both good players who are available on game days and we also drafted Ruckert in round 3.

What is your plan to get a stud TE?  First round?

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

In a perfect world ..

but ..

We just signed Conklin & Uzomah to nice contracts.  Cutting them is not a realistic option and having them sit is not a good use of cap dollars.  They are both good players who are available on game days and we also drafted Ruckert in round 3.

What is your plan to get a stud TE?  First round?

Yeah, I don't see it happening but it's been my dream for a few years now. I have some faith in Ruckert when his time comes but we will see.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I like the game that White played. Went in and faced some adversity and eventually made a big time throw when it mattered. Tough place to play and high stakes and he stared it right down as best he could. Jets should stick with him so long as they are in playoff contention. 

I'm getting pre-injury Pennington vibes here.  The guy makes plays when it counts. 

Draft WR in round 1 again. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I'm getting pre-injury Pennington vibes here.  The guy makes plays when it counts. 

Draft WR in round 1 again. 

Who knows, unless they can work a miracle in FA they may need to draft a QB again. That said I think the thing that's obvious from watching the Jets play good teams the last month is that they are an absolute pain in the ass to play and the exact type of team you don't want to see in the playoffs. Wilson clearly doesn't fit in with that vibe. So long as they have a chance to get into the postseason it's pretty clear they should stick with White after the last two weeks.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

1. White looks like a guy we can win with.   Several more games for a complete evaluation but he balled out today. Overall looked better than the Vikings starting QB. 

2. He’s more than a game manager, making several big time throws, throwing deep (just missed to Garrett) and adjusting his velocity (beautifully) as needed

3. The interior run blocking and LaFleur are responsible for this loss.

4. This game shows why we need a dangerous #2 WR to compliment Garrett.  Conklin, Berrios, Moore all failed to make tough catches.

5. Also shows we need another road grading nasty in the middle for short yardage.

6. Garrett has Jefferson potential.  Scary how good he is.

7. Bam is a good nickname for the kid.  Odd we put him at risk on the practice squad over Ty Johnson.

8. Thank God Quinnen is ok.

9. Offensive Tackles performed well against the Vikings stud Edge rushers.  LBs did well containing Hockerson and Cook.

10. A stud free safety completes our secondary and makes our defense that much better.  Bigger need than LB in my opinion.  As in round 2 or so

I feel great about our future!!

This “game manager” thing has become the most over used cliche on this board.  It’s such a lazy take.

There isn’t a throw White can’t make, and if Zach had played anywhere close to as good as he has, guys here would be raving about having a FQB.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Fed Hill Jet said:

Same thought here.  Those goal line attempts we just looked smaller than the Vikes.   Need a HUGE body in there to open a hole.

Freaking Becton being as soft as a marshmallow is killing us. In a perfect world, him and AVT were opening up holes for Breece to walk through down on the goal line today.

Sigh.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Vikings got to play today with extra rest

BUF gets to host the Jets next week with extra rest

The league hates the Jets

Guys here need to toughen up. We’re not doormats anymore.

Stop whining about things like the schedule and the refs. Start acting like you root for a good team.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

This “game manager” thing has become the most over used cliche on this board.  It’s such a lazy take.

There isn’t a throw White can’t make, and if Zach had played anywhere close to as good as he has, guys here would be raving about having a FQB.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Next year is going to be glorious. 

Spot on, buddy.

This fan base needs to lose the “woe is me” attitude. Now that this team manned up and demoted Zach, this team can play with anyone.

I wasn’t even a Zach basher, but this team got too good too fast to waste time hoping the kid could find his way. It took big balls to sit him and go with MW, but they showed  the team how much they believed in them.

Sucks for Wilson, but it is what it is. We needed him to be better than he was, and he couldn’t come close. We couldn’t do the Darnold thing again, especially with a guy who isn’t even as good as Sam was. (Can’t believe I just typed that…)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

He just doesn’t get enough separation for my liking, Plus he’s missed 12-13 games the past 2 years.

A second elite WR takes this offense to near the top of the league with AVT and Breece coming back.

White has now performed very well in 4 of his 5 starts including Indy where he got hurt.  Cincy (great), Indy (really good start to game), Buffalo (X), Chicago (great), Minnesota (very good).

If this plays out like I think it will, White will be our starter next year and our goal should be to get him even more weapons.  Can’t have too many.

Agree 100% that we need another big-time WR.  Would have no issue if we used a 1st rounder for one.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He had 3 or 4 penalties, a couple of drive stoppers.  And of course would be Sunday without a few key drops, one that caused a turnover/INT and led to 3 points.  3 points that if taken off the board has the Jets in FG position kicking a game winning FG with a few seconds on the clock.

Today he wasn't very good (that 4th down catch being an exception) but I'm referring more to the entire season.  And I know he's hurt a lot but, when healthy, he has ability.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Today he wasn't very good (that 4th down catch being an exception) but I'm referring more to the entire season.  And I know he's hurt a lot but, when healthy, he has ability.  

Pretty much everything is contested with CD because he doesn’t get separation against good DBs

Combine that with slow reactions / hands and it’s often a recipe for disaster with tipped balls in middle of field 

6 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Pretty much everything is contested with CD because he doesn’t get separation against good DBs

Combine that with slow reactions / hands and it’s often a recipe for disaster with tipped balls in middle of field 

I'm not saying we can't upgrade at WR but, next to GW, who is our next best WR?  Eli Moore?