Garrett Wilson

Anyone else ask themselves today who is a better skill position player they’ve watched on the Jets?  Even as a rookie, I maybe would say CuMart and then I’m not sure there is anyone else.  Obviously the answer might depend on age of the poster, but he’s way up there regardless of era.

Legit Boss.

• Upvote 3

Garrett Wilson is a very talented WR but I think12 games is too small of a window to crown him as the top skill position player ever on the Jets. I am excited to see how his career develops and love watching him play. I also like his personality, his thoughtful answers to reporters instead of standard player answers is refreshing.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Anyone else ask themselves today who is a better skill position player they’ve watched on the Jets?  Even as a rookie, I maybe would say CuMart and then I’m not sure there is anyone else.  Obviously the answer might depend on age of the poster, but he’s way up there regardless of era.

Legit Boss.

CuMar, Al Toon dude looks to be in that conversation already.  He's unreal

• Upvote 1

Garrett Wilson has been awesome.

In terms of good skill position players we’ve watched on the Jets, this week in his 12th game his season long total yards (went from 632 to 794 and has four touchdowns) exceeded the total yards Breece Hall put up in almost seven games this year (681 and five touchdowns).

• Upvote 1

Excellent pick and for a rookie astoundingly good.  I would agree with those mentioning Breece Hall, not reliant on the QB and a guy that was turning 5 yard runs into 60 yard runs.  In any case our talent level on offense is so vastly better than a few years ago.  Just have to keep adding pieces.

1 hour ago, derp said:

Garrett Wilson has been awesome.

In terms of good skill position players we’ve watched on the Jets, this week in his 12th game his season long total yards (went from 632 to 794 and has four touchdowns) exceeded the total yards Breece Hall put up in almost seven games this year (681 and five touchdowns).

It is a real shame Hall got injured. This team would have been so much more dangerous with a 1-2 punch of Wilson and Hall.  

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

On the jets? Maybe Keyshawn his first couple years under Parcells before he lost a step and went to Tampa to live out his career as a very well paid possession receiver

Keyshawn was a stud his last 2 years on the Jets

Its too early for me to make any definitive declarations, but I don't remember being as impressed by rookie skill position players as Garrett Wilson or Breece Hall. Hell of a draft. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Joejet said:

Garrett Wilson is a very talented WR but I think12 games is too small of a window to crown him as the top skill position player ever on the Jets. I am excited to see how his career develops and love watching him play. I also like his personality, his thoughtful answers to reporters instead of standard player answers is refreshing.

Same goes for Mike White with only 5 games under his tenure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VJphillyfan said:

On the jets? Maybe Keyshawn his first couple years under Parcells before he lost a step and went to Tampa to live out his career as a very well paid possession receiver

and until the Panthers released him unexpectedly and he realized that his mouth made him NOT worth the trouble.

Both the Bucs (Gruden) and Panthers simply let him go. He had gas left in the tank and wanted to play one more year and Panthers said no Thank you.