Will Mike White become the franchise QB of the NY Jets?

Will Mike White become the franchise QB of the NY Jets?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mike White become the franchise QB of the NY Jets?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2022 at 12:00 AM

16 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

But your QB would be Daniel Jones.  Mike White is already better and has more upside.

Disagree. Mike White is about as good as he can be. Jones has no receivers a bad o line and ability to run which brings an added dimension to this offense Put him on this team he will be a heck of alot better   My opinion he Would be an upgrade over White who to me he is comparable to Pennington but not as good 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Disagree. Mike White is about as good as he can be. Jones has no receivers a bad o line and ability to run which brings an added dimension to this offense Put him on this team he will be a heck of alot better   My opinion he Would be an upgrade over White who to me he is comparable to Pennington but not as good 

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, hawk said:

People get so fixated on the Patrick Mahommes type of QB.  The Josh Allen types.  The guy who IS the offense instead of seeing the guy we have that runs an offense.

Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning were not Mahomes or Allen, right?

Start seeing the intangibles that White brings to the team in his game and you will see a guy that can run your offense.

Peyton Manning was the offense, just saying.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“I don’t want White because his stats are fake, but give me Danny Dimes” is the purest form of unintentional comedy

Jones is pretty good! I watch the giants with the family  often. He’s gotten good with not turning it over, picks up first downs very often with his legs when needed, good completion percentage, strong arm, 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

This issue is that his contract is up after this season. Sure he can start the rest of the year. Have at it kid. The question comes when you think about paying and committing him next year. 

55 comp %, 0 passing tds despite plenty of red zone attempts, going against a bottom 5ish passing D. This doesn’t scream pay and start me next season. We’ll see how he does against the bills.

id much rather bring in a more established guy. Danny Dimes here we come!

I'm not saying I"m ready to commit big money/years to MW yet but he did lead this team to 6 scoring drives.  And the red zone play calling by MiLF was awful.

Just now, BurntDice said:

Jones is pretty good! I watch the giants with the family pretty often. He’s gotten pretty good with not turning it over, picks up first downs very often with his legs when needed, good completion percentage, strong arm, 

I like Jones more than most but, dude, if the Jets want to move on from Mike White and Zach Wilson, they need to aim wayyyyy higher than D Dimes. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Mike White sure is easy to root for and I’m hoping he’s the guy, but my doubts increased yesterday because I want a  QB with “it”, and I’m fairly sure that a QB with “it” finds a way to get a TD with all of those opportunities at the end of the game. 

It was his 5th game starting.

1. The comeback opportunity only happens because of White

2. 4th down to Davis was CLUTCH

3. His TD run to the left was CLUTCH

4. His throw to Berrios should have been caught, even if it was slightly behind him.  We’d be hailing him as a hero if his WR caught the ball

Yes, he did fall a bit short yesterday but not nearly as short as our OC, IOL, Fant, Berrios …. All with a TON more experience than our 2023 starter Mike White.

58 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So let me understand your point.

It's that the performance of these past two games shouldn't be part of the discussion on whether Mike White is the incumbent next year?  I think that's a strange take.

I never said JD has to make a decision now - he has 5 more games..but what he's done these past two weeks should surely be taken into account.  

I never said any of things your pointing to.  I said I can review this week's game as part of the puzzle in determining whether he's the guy.  I have five more games in which to add to that puzzle.  That is all.

You think I'm arguing that "the performance of these past two games shouldn't be part of the discussion on whether Mike White is the incumbent next year"?  I have no idea how you come up with this stuff.

MW's performance these past 2 weeks has been excellent, btw.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

You think I'm arguing that "the performance of these past two games shouldn't be part of the discussion on whether Mike White is the incumbent next year"?  I have no idea how you come up with this stuff.

MW's performance these past 2 weeks has been excellent, btw.

Well you keep saying that.  I continue to say he should ultimately be judged on the 7 games he's going to play.

And you keep telling me I'm wrong.  I havre not once stated we should be making a decision yet...but these games should matter.

He was very good against the Bears.  Yesterday was a mixed bag, btw.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Well you keep saying that.  I continue to say he should ultimately be judged on the 7 games he's going to play.

And you keep telling me I'm wrong.  I havre not once stated we should be making a decision yet...but these games should matter.

He was very good against the Bears.  Yesterday was a mixed bag, btw.

It's tedious to argue against you sometimes.  Where in the world did I say that these 2 games shouldn't be used in the evaluation of MW?  

10 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Why do you believe white is better than jones? Because he makes you feel good?

Mike White has shown more in 4 starts than Daniel Jones has in his career.  White has shown the ability to consistently move the ball on offense, keep the chains moving, complete a high percentage of passes, and ACTUALLY score points.  It would be criminal to not give him a chance to develop with a full offseason as the unquestioned starter to bring in Daniel Jones.  The team loves him for a reason.  They see what kind of QB he already is and what he could become.  

None of this is true with Daniel Jones.  You know what he is and its not a Superbowl QB

Just now, WhartonJet said:

Mike White has shown more in 4 starts than Daniel Jones has in his career.  White has shown the ability to consistently move the ball on offense, keep the chains moving, complete a high percentage of passes, and ACTUALLY score points.  It would be criminal to not give him a chance to develop with a full offseason as the unquestioned starter.  The team loves him for a reason.  They see what kind of QB he already is and what he could become.  

None of this is true with Daniel Jones.  You know what he is and its not a Superbowl QB

People are crapping on MW, despite him leading the team to 6 scoring drives yesterday.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I like Jones more than most but, dude, if the Jets want to move on from Mike White and Zach Wilson, they need to aim wayyyyy higher than D Dimes. 

Idk I think he will be a solid fit. He’s cleaned up his turnovers for the most part. Can sling it, has accuracy that you can win with, gets plenty of rushing yards. 

in what way is White better than mr dimes?

4 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Mike White has shown more in 4 starts than Daniel Jones has in his career.  White has shown the ability to consistently move the ball on offense, keep the chains moving, complete a high percentage of passes, and ACTUALLY score points.  It would be criminal to not give him a chance to develop with a full offseason as the unquestioned starter to bring in Daniel Jones.  The team loves him for a reason.  They see what kind of QB he already is and what he could become.  

Based on yesterday what makes you think he can ACTUALLY score points? White would have been better in the red zone than jones yesterday with the same scenarios? I disagree 

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Who's crapping on him? Where?

33 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

You realize white has 10 interceptions in 5 starts right?

He also had 1500 yards rushing with 9tds. 

27 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Ok so multiply 10 x 10 to get the same games. That’s 100 interceptions for white. Looks great right? 

This genius 

53 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So would plenty of teams, and he (and his agent) aren’t oblivious to it.

He’s not locking himself in for the next 3 seasons that little today, when he’s in a position to up his dollars further to at least double up on that, and the only way he signs for that little later is if he sucks or injures his right arm/hand.

If a $12MM/yr contract could be had today, he’d already be extended. 

Exactly.  His agent has to be salivating right now.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's tedious to argue against you sometimes.  Where in the world did I say that these 2 games shouldn't be used in the evaluation of MW?  

Alright, let's try and end this point of this discussion - Because it sounds like we agree here.

Mike White will/should have a total of 7 games (2 in the bank) to make the case he's the guy to lead the team as its franchise QB.

And that small body of work, while limited, will have to be what's used to make that decision.  But it should be viewed in the aggregate and its far too early to come to any conclusions - and should't until all 7 games are complete (hopefully more) 

Do we agree there?

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

But they will, in fact, be making those decisions.  Just because they don't go public with it doesn't mean it's not happening and they're not watching everything very closely.

I don't agree.  Making a decision now would be asinine.  I give JD much more credit than that.

"Deciding" before one even sees what the market is is just laughably stupid.

MW is on a trial run, that's all this is (well, apart from us trying to make the playoffs).

JD and Saleh will not decide anything till that is over, the offseason is here, and the market starts to become clear on who and what is available and at what cost.

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We, on a Jet Forum, can certainly speculate as to what they're thinking and why.

Absolutely.  Pretty sure I know what you'll be speculating, lol.

16 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

It was his 5th game starting.

1. The comeback opportunity only happens because of White

2. 4th down to Davis was CLUTCH

3. His TD run to the left was CLUTCH

4. His throw to Berrios should have been caught, even if it was slightly behind him.  We’d be hailing him as a hero if his WR caught the ball

Yes, he did fall a bit short yesterday but not nearly as short as our OC, IOL, Fant, Berrios …. All with a TON more experience than our 2023 starter Mike White.

1. The comeback was a team effort - The D made stops, Garret Wilson made big plays, Mike White made clutch throws (just not in the red zone).

2. Agreed

3. Please

4. Yes, it should have been, and for QBs who are destined for greatness, Berrios catches that ball, but he didn't. "What ifs" do not make a franchise QB.

Let's slow our roll and let this play out. Maybe Mike White is the guy, maybe he is not. There are not enough games yet to know one way or the other. Although finding a way to win against the Vikings would have been a big chip on the "is" side of the ledger.

6 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Based on yesterday what makes you think he can ACTUALLY score points? White would have been better in the red zone than jones yesterday with the same scenarios? I disagree 

The Jets had 6 scoring drives, scored 22 points and Mike White hit Berrios in the hands which would have been a go ahead touchdown to bring our total to 28-30 points based on the 2 point conversion.  We had nearly 500 yards of total offense!!!  

You go fantasize some more about Daniel Jones

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Alright, let's try and end this point of this discussion - Because it sounds like we agree here.

Mike White will/should have a total of 7 games (2 in the bank) to make the case he's the guy to lead the team as its franchise QB.

And that small body of work, while limited, will have to be what's used to make that decision.  But it should be viewed in the aggregate and its far too early to come to any conclusions - and should't until all 7 games are complete (hopefully more) 

Do we agree there?

You plan to bench him for the playoffs? 

Just now, WhartonJet said:

The Jets had 6 scoring drives, scored 22 points and Mike White hit Berrios in the hands which would have been a go ahead touchdown bring our total to 28-30 points based on the 2 point conversion.  We had nearly 500 yards of total offense!!!  

You go fantasize some more about Daniel Jones

It should not have been down to that play. Mac freaking Jones put up 380 yards and 2 tds against the Vikings. Their defense is not good. 

2 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

This genius 

I mean those are facts, not even debatable observations.

Honestly,  I think it's absurd to want Danny Dimes to be the next QB -  But Mike White has thrown a lot of INT's in his short 5 game career -

I actually think he'll clean that up - his INT's are one of the least of my concerns with him.  But it is legitimate to bring it up - I don't think it's "sh*tting" on him to point it out.

3 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Comparing him to Daniel jones is not crapping on him, try again. 

33 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Ok so multiply 10 x 10 to get the same games. That’s 100 interceptions for white. Looks great right? 

Are you nuts?  You weren't crapping on Mike White when you said he is on pace for 100 interceptions in 50 games?  Stop.  Go back to staring at the picture of Daniel Jones on your wall

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Do we agree there?

I don't even understand how this is a question.  What would the alternative be?!  To not evaluate him based on how he plays?!