Will Mike White become the franchise QB of the NY Jets?

Will Mike White become the franchise QB of the NY Jets?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mike White become the franchise QB of the NY Jets?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2022 at 12:00 AM

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

Using math to show his pace for turnovers = crapping in him how? Did I share an opinion? 

Because the first INT was his receivers fault and the second was basically a 4th down Hail Mary?  
Your projection is fine if you don’t know the game or just read a stat sheet.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If he becomes available, someone's going to be willing to give Mike White more than $12MM/year, yes.

If he has a good final month to the season, not only will that list grow, but so will the amount they're willing to pay to him.

This Jets team with an anemic offense was a late dropped pass away from being this QB change away from averaging 30ppg (itself skewed down because, with a 3-TD lead, the team was just running out the clock in the 4th quarter vs Chicago).

There'd surely be teams interested, and anyway it only takes one (other than the Jets). There doesn't need to be a line of 10 teams. There wasn't a line of 10 teams looking into post-Colts Peyton Manning or post-Patriots Brady either.

Who?

Just now, Jet Nut said:

How does Jones have a better arm, and what has it bought him?  

And then why would the Giants let him walk?

Giants wepinz lead the league in drops. He’s having a pass dropped every 15 attempts. If you think white has a better arm you’re just making sh*t up now. 

14 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Those things happen all the time. They still count right?

They can. 
But you don’t use them as a basis for projecting him as a 32 INT QB.  Just as you wouldn’t believe he would throw 0 after last week.  

Anyone project Mahomes for 32 after he threw 2 INTs in the Bills game?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Who?

You need me to list teams that don't have a super-stud QB (or aren't locked in to someone else for another 2+ years)?

I feel like this is a challenge to predict where else he would definitively end up, which is impossible beyond a guess. I don't have an ear in any teams' FOs, but there are several who could see a smart QB as an upgrade, even if they've recently drafted someone high. Especially if the team's deemed a contender minus the QB (like the Jets have looked of late).

The upcoming draft notwithstanding:

• Atl
  • SF
  • NE
  • Tampa (if Brady goes back up north)
  • Pit
  • Car
  • Vegas if they trade Carr for 1st/more
  • ditto GB if they trade Rodgers (edit: forgot all about JL; swap in WFT)
  • Seattle if Geno signs elsewhere
  • NO
  • Tenn
  • Hou (depending how ready they see the #1 prospect)

are all at least possibilities, even if I think most of them wouldn't make an offer.

That list could add a couple others if a current contender's starter gets catastrophically injured suddenly & isn't locked into anyone for big $$$ (e.g. Miami) or if a current starter goes back to sucking (e.g. Detroit).

I'd have added Ari & Den if they could afford another veteran QB contract, but they're locked in for 2 more seasons no matter what. I think the only way they change to a new QB is via the draft for a while longer. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

Giants wepinz lead the league in drops. He’s having a pass dropped every 15 attempts. If you think white has a better arm you’re just making sh*t up now. 

I last read the Jets WRs led the league. In drops, few made the case for ZW.  For ZW drops were due to accuracy.  
I know this, Giants don’t lead the league in drops and a couple more or fewer drops changes nothing. 

MW does have a better arm.  ZW has a better arm than both, should they roll him?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You need me to list teams that don't have a super-stud QB (or aren't locked in to someone else for another 2+ years)?

I feel like this is a challenge to predict where else he would definitively end up, which is impossible beyond a guess. I don't have an ear in any teams' FOs, but there are several who could see a smart QB as an upgrade, even if they've recently drafted someone high. Especially if the team's deemed a contender minus the QB (like the Jets have looked of late).

• Atl
  • SF
  • NE
  • Pit
  • Car
  • ditto GB if they trade Rodgers
  • NO
  • Tenn

are all at least possibilities, even if I think most of them wouldn't make an offer.

That list could add a couple others if a current contender's starter gets catastrophically injured suddenly & isn't locked into anyone for big $$$ (e.g. Miami) or if a current starter goes back to sucking (e.g. Detroit).

I'd have added Ari & Den if they could afford another veteran QB contract, but they're locked in for 2 more seasons no matter what. I think the only way they change to a new QB is via the draft for a while longer. 

Lets make a friendly wager. If White signs for $12 million or more per year, I'll donate $50 to the charity of your choice and if he does not you donate $50 to my charitable choice.

13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

• Atl
  • SF
  • NE
  • Pit
  • Car
  • ditto GB if they trade Rodgers
  • NO
  • Tenn

The DC 'Ders currently do not have a "QB of the Future". 

Heineicke is viewed by the organization here as a stop-gap at best.  Similar situation to MW, actually, except Wentz was a far more proven product than Wilson.

No idea what they might do next year.

10 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

God no. I view White like Brissett - a guy who can do well in short doses but if you're playing him long term you're gonna be severely handicapped at the QB spot.

In 48 NFL Starts, Brisssett has thrown for over 300 yards six times.  His teams record in his starts is 18-30 (.375 winning %). He is 48TD/23INT ratio wise.

In 5 NFL starts, White has thrown for over 300 yards three times.  His teams record in his starts is 2-3 (.400).  He is 8TD/10 INT ratio wise.

I think it's hard with only 5 starts on White to draw definitive conclusions, but there is some statistical fairness to this comp.

10 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Let's just cut to the chase.  Put up or shut up.

I believe the Jets starting QB next season will be someone who's not currently on the roster.  I don't believe Mike White is the long term solution.  Zach Wilson is a wild card.  IMO,  the book isn't closed on Zach yet, but he has a lot of work to do.  My hope is they sign a good veteran QB with proven success.  It's the final piece of the puzzle.  Time to stop d!cking around.

I think the book is shut on zach completely. He is not even good enough to be a back up let along a starter.

Mike White just balled out again, all he does. If he was drafted like zach everyone would have called him the next namath. Draft pick is only potential at some point you have to address the reality of a player. Zach for all his potential never lived up to it. Mean while Mike white who has been riding the pine learned the system and runs it as intended. He plays great.

That was his game two this season and if not for berrios wins it for us. Berrios aside - (i'm actually starting to think more blame on that particular play call, I mean you can't blame a snake for biting you any more than you can blame a jag for dropping the ball with everything on the line ) - anyway Mike White gives us the best chance to win and we are a team like so many others next year that will need a F QB.

We have ours, we dont need to keep searching. a guy who can throw 300 plus a game and not turn over the ball is a beautiful thing. Not to mention that he is a leader, throws a very nice ball, probably volunteers are the local church on the weekedns etc.

Mike White is da real deal. Halluljah we have a QB . May Mike White forever be with you!! 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

In 48 NFL Starts, Brisssett has thrown for over 300 yards six times.  His teams record in his starts is 18-30 (.375 winning %). He is 48TD/23INT ratio wise.

In 5 NFL starts, White has thrown for over 300 yards three times.  His teams record in his starts is 2-3 (.400).  He is 8TD/10 INT ratio wise.

I think it's hard with only 5 starts on White to draw definitive conclusions, but there is some statistical fairness to this comp.

you know what you can draw from these games? he is capable of being much better for us. he was better than Cousins that is for sure, zach too.

We need to give him credit it is not easy to do what he does. he makes the easy look easy - that just means he can read a play, see the def and make a desicive desicion where to the the ball. That literally is what makes a QB good. This is his only second game and we had it won against the 9-2 vikings.

I hoped and wished Darnold was this good, that geno was this good, that zach was this good. He literrally is what we have been wanting forever but because we didnt draft him in the first round we dont trust him?

Its crazy. We need to learn to accept good things and not sabotage ourselves. 

At the very least we should all want him to the guy next year and going forward! Part of this new NY JETS!!

It was so much fun to see Mike White play - I was not a fan of the red zone plays obviously. But what we say is whatever one sees in a new QB's second start. He is just figuring it out along with the coaching staff. 

The only reason we get cute in the red zone is because we never had a qb that can threaten to hit the open guy on a reg route in the N Zone. Def just stack the box and shut us down before. Mike White can make every throw, they need to get rid of the gimmick berrios plays and just run it in with Bam Bam or let mike hit the slant/out.  

This will be fixed next week!

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Lets make a friendly wager. If White signs for $12 million or more per year, I'll donate $50 to the charity of your choice and if he does not you donate $50 to my charitable choice.

I'd make that bet!! I want in!! I take mike white side all day everyday!! And if I win I'll still donate to your charity but I will do in honor of Mike White the Qb to bring the jets our of the Dark Hole that is our QB position for so long!! 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because the first INT was his receivers fault and the second was basically a 4th down Hail Mary?  
Your projection is fine if you don’t know the game or just read a stat sheet.

@Jet Nut we disagree far more than agree I think here I 100% agree. Im not sure how you fault Mike white for the first or last INT. you correctly stated both. 

And I like to just point our that the first ball was placed well. The last was desperation. And I dont know how many times he makes that throw but I want to say there is a world where he hits that for a big play. I saw at worst its 50/50. Sign me up for that chance and hope all day every day. I roll mike white baby!!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I think the book is shut on zach completely. He is not even good enough to be a back up let along a starter.

Mike White just balled out again, all he does. If he was drafted like zach everyone would have called him the next namath. Draft pick is only potential at some point you have to address the reality of a player. Zach for all his potential never lived up to it. Mean while Mike white who has been riding the pine learned the system and runs it as intended. He plays great.

That was his game two this season and if not for berrios wins it for us. Berrios aside - (i'm actually starting to think more blame on that particular play call, I mean you can't blame a snake for biting you any more than you can blame a jag for dropping the ball with everything on the line ) - anyway Mike White gives us the best chance to win and we are a team like so many others next year that will need a F QB.

We have ours, we dont need to keep searching. a guy who can throw 300 plus a game and not turn over the ball is a beautiful thing. Not to mention that he is a leader, throws a very nice ball, probably volunteers are the local church on the weekedns etc.

Mike White is da real deal. Halluljah we have a QB . May Mike White forever be with you!! 

Yes. If Mike White was drafted at the top of LAST year's draft this would be true. But he was drafted in 2018 and he is a 5th year pro who turns 28 in March. His floor and ceiling are not too far apart. 

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I'd make that bet!! I want in!! I take mike white side all day everyday!! And if I win I'll still donate to your charity but I will do in honor of Mike White the Qb to bring the jets our of the Dark Hole that is our QB position for so long!! 

Even though the bet was not extended to you, I'm in. There are no bad bets when the money goes to charity.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They can. 
But you don’t use them as a basis for projecting him as a 32 INT QB.  Just as you wouldn’t believe he would throw 0 after last week.  

Anyone project Mahomes for 32 after he threw 2 INTs in the Bills game?

This is a 5 game sample, not a one game sample.

we’ll have a much better idea of who he is after next week. Will be he lights out and he’ll help the W? Will he collapse like last year? This is far and away the best D he’s played so far. Going from playing defenses who are in the cellar to a top 5 unit is a major step up. 

28 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Yes. If Mike White was drafted at the top of LAST year's draft this would be true. But he was drafted in 2018 and he is a 5th year pro who turns 28 in March. His floor and ceiling are not too far apart. 

His floor and ceiling are not too far apart? what are you talking about based on what? we ahve seen him play great in the system, but every player can get better. He could become one of the best in the league or he could be bottom of the league. that is vastly diff.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

you know what you can draw from these games? he is capable of being much better for us. he was better than Cousins that is for sure, zach too.

We need to give him credit it is not easy to do what he does. he makes the easy look easy - that just means he can read a play, see the def and make a desicive desicion where to the the ball. That literally is what makes a QB good. This is his only second game and we had it won against the 9-2 vikings.

I hoped and wished Darnold was this good, that geno was this good, that zach was this good. He literrally is what we have been wanting forever but because we didnt draft him in the first round we dont trust him?

Its crazy. We need to learn to accept good things and not sabotage ourselves. 

At the very least we should all want him to the guy next year and going forward! Part of this new NY JETS!!

It was so much fun to see Mike White play - I was not a fan of the red zone plays obviously. But what we say is whatever one sees in a new QB's second start. He is just figuring it out along with the coaching staff. 

The only reason we get cute in the red zone is because we never had a qb that can threaten to hit the open guy on a reg route in the N Zone. Def just stack the box and shut us down before. Mike White can make every throw, they need to get rid of the gimmick berrios plays and just run it in with Bam Bam or let mike hit the slant/out.  

This will be fixed next week!

Why do you think he was better than cousins? To me he certainly was not. He passed more sure that’s because they were down the whole game due to not scoring tds. 

Cousins didn’t need to pass the ball because they were winning. His completion percentage was 6% higher oh and he had a passing td against a much better defense. 

10 hours ago, pajet said:

Don't get me wrong.   I love Mike White (no homo).   Love the moxie.   love the composure.   But bottom line, he has all of the intangibles in spades.   But he doesn't have the natural ability to get it done in the tough situations with everything on the line.   2 shots inside the 20 with less than 3 minutes to go.   FQB finds a way to score there.   Even the drive where they go the TD on 4th and Goal.   Love the moxie and the drive to get it into the endzone, but damn, that was way more difficult to score than it should have been.   It's not like they were facing the Steal Curtain (or even the Purple People Eaters).   

He is good enough to make plays now and lead the team.   I just dont believe he is good enough to get over the top.   Hope he proves me wrong.   More than willing to ride the rest of this season with him.   This team is too good to waste on Pennington light.

So we are going to evaluate White and determine his entire future based on 7 plays?  If one of the running plays was successful and the Jets won that game, your opinion of White changes?  The OL did not get it done down on the goal line either.  I guess we now know that the OL doesn't it either and it's time to replace all 5 of them if the Jets want to win the SB.  The ridiculous emphasis some on this board place on a single game or a few plays is absurd.  I can find a series like those for every QB who played in the NFL, from Brady to Montana to Mahomes to Burrow.  It's too much of a small sample size to judge White's potential and the sport is too team based to put that on the QB.  Of the 8 plays inside the 5 yard line in the two series at the end of the game (one the White TD and the other stopped on downs), 5 were running plays that failed to get in.  One was incomplete to Moore, one incomplete to Wilson (the fade where it appears Wilson cut off the route too early) and the last one the Berrios drop. How do you honestly evaluate and make a judgement on White's future on those three passes??????

• Upvote 1