Why was Berrios even on the field on that play from the 1 yard line.

4 hours ago, JiFields said:

Berrios has been the epitome of clutch and continually comes up big when needed.  The dude has caught every 4th down pass ever thrown to him before yesterday.  He has one costly drop and the whole board has turned on him?   What the actual **** peeps? 

100% agree

+1

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

First off, we don't  know if he was or wasn't  the only one open. There was no wide shot of the EZ that showed all the players.  Secondly it is this stupid if he made the catch this thread doesn't  exist  argument that I find so annoying and you do this same crap all the time. I am talking about a play that happened,  not one that didn't  happen and how reality would be altered had it happened. WTF is the point of arguing something that didn't  happen? 

Shut up dude, I do the same thing.  It’s you.  I replied with a number of reasons why you were wrong, dead wrong.  As have almost every other post. 

SBut you’re tagging me.  You’re a hater who should learn to shut it down when he’s wrong.  Give up with the lame you always do it routine

%he ball was in his hands and he dropped it.  Argue away all you want.  You’re wrong go argue with the others who have pointed this out to you.

It’s been covered already here, Berrios has been the epitome of tough and clutch for us.  
He also excels on sweeps/runs/reverses.  Him being on the field makes the D have to respect that possibility of a play call.

Something I think we’re overlooking is the absence of Michael Carter yesterday when it pertains to our red zone struggles.  Although small, and not overly powerful, it seems MC always finds a way to get tough yards down close or bc the D must respect his receiving ability he excels in RPO type plays in the 5-10 yard line range.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Shut up dude, I do the same thing.  It’s you.  I replied with a number of reasons why you were wrong, dead wrong.  As have almost every other post. 

SBut you’re tagging me.  You’re a hater who should learn to shut it down when he’s wrong.  Give up with the lame you always do it routine

%he ball was in his hands and he dropped it.  Argue away all you want.  You’re wrong go argue with the others who have pointed this out to you.

Do you realize how insane that sounded. 

Vince Vaughn Lol GIF by filmeditor

• Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Forget that we should be able to pickup a yard on the ground with three shots, why was our smallest WR on the field. Where was Davis, Mims, Wilson, even Moore who isn't tall but I would prefer they throw to him over Berrios. Berrios doesn't  catch many contested balls. Where were the TE's? I can't  believe of all the pass catchers we have, we wanted to go to him. Sure any of them could drop it as well but I don't  think they went tonBerrios once in the pass game before that. You saw who MN. Went to when they needed a TD pass in the 4th Qrt, it was Jefferson. We seriously couldn't  draw up a play to go to a different guy? 

100%. One exception... at this point in the game after we had seen Conklin sh*t the bed all day, no way to him. Conklin blows as a pass catcher. Uzomah, yes. Conklin, no.

5 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Because it’s the 1 yard line and you need shifty guys that can create quick space… football 101

this particular situation and play is not for Berrios for sure. Wrong choice this time. But whatever.  We lost the game way before this happened.  Let's point fingers where they belong.  Of Course MLf but geez, this team handed the Vikings this game from the get-go. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

You want Jeff smith ?

im a caveman, I would have run it 4 times but this is getting out of hand. The jets lost. They didn’t get cheated by the refs and there is lots of blame to go around 

It was 2nd and goal from the 1.  I wanted to run it 3 straight downs with Bam.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Forget that we should be able to pickup a yard on the ground with three shots, why was our smallest WR on the field. Where was Davis, Mims, Wilson, even Moore who isn't tall but I would prefer they throw to him over Berrios. Berrios doesn't  catch many contested balls. Where were the TE's? I can't  believe of all the pass catchers we have, we wanted to go to him. Sure any of them could drop it as well but I don't  think they went tonBerrios once in the pass game before that. You saw who MN. Went to when they needed a TD pass in the 4th Qrt, it was Jefferson. We seriously couldn't  draw up a play to go to a different guy? 

Because if we win that game MW would have solidified himself as the starter, after reading all of football guys posts , who I respect it’s going to be back to the SOJ once Woody makes sure his juiced in QB is starting. 

MiLF has overplayed his hand with the Berrios sweep.  I think they're just trying to get some value out of his contract beyond ST.  I was hoping he'd be contribute much more to the passing game but he's been almost invisible (other than sweeps and yesterday's drop).  

Based on his performance so far, he's overpaid. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Do you realize how insane that sounded. 

Vince Vaughn Lol GIF by filmeditor

Only to you.  You’re still carrying in with this.  You’re wrong, everyone keeps telling you and I’m the only one you want to argue with.  Your dumb assed memes don’t make you right.  

Stop being obsessed with me.  Leave it alone dude, it’s embarrassing 

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

No brute strength despite shifty.  Not the guy I want a one yd toss...  especially because his hands aren't all that.  Bad choice. period.

huh?  They ran it twice on 1st and 2nd, gave Wilson an ISO on 3rd and then called this play, which wasnt a toss and his hands are fantastic.  

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JiFields said:

huh?  They ran it twice on 1st and 2nd, gave Wilson an ISO on 3rd and then called this play, which wasnt a toss and his hands are fantastic.  

yeah sure they are.  Not my choice for winning or losing that game.  You're nuts.  He's not Wayne Chrebet.

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

yeah sure they are.  Not my choice for winning or losing that game.  You're nuts.  He's not Wayne Chrebet.

He returns kicks and punts and plays on the hands team and plays the slot.  He's 5'6?.  You dont make it in the NFL w/ out having incredible hands at that size and play the positions he does.  He also never dropped a 4th down pass attempt to him up to that point.  He makes that catch 99 out of 100 times.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Only to you.  You’re still carrying in with this.  You’re wrong, everyone keeps telling you and I’m the only one you want to argue with.  Your dumb assed memes don’t make you right.  

Stop being obsessed with me.  Leave it alone dude, it’s embarrassing 

Excuse me, you responded to me. Not the other way around. Stop with this I'm obsessed  with you. I have no desire to have these exchanges. With you it's here is my position and if you don't  agree and have a different point of view, you are wrong and don't  know what you are talking about. This is why I try to avoid you. The only time I tag you is to mess with you. You IMO are one of the least knowledgeable  posters on this board. I'm sure you think the same of me so why you constantly  respond to my posts is hilarious to me. Vince Vaughn Lol GIF by filmeditor

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

MiLF has overplayed his hand with the Berrios sweep.  I think they're just trying to get some value out of his contract beyond ST.  I was hoping he'd be contribute much more to the passing game but he's been almost invisible (other than sweeps and yesterday's drop).  

Based on his performance so far, he's overpaid. 

^Absolutely.  It's so funny the posters who think Berrios is our Wayne Chrebet.  He's not.  Talk about green lenses!    Wherever else Zach Wilson ends up... sooner than later...  I'd be fine letting Berrios go with him and upgrading.  Apologies to the Berrios devotees.  Great guy. But we can do better on the field.

• Upvote 1

He’s our 3rd most reliable receiver. Probably has the best hands on the team.

In crunch time, I want

WR: Wilson, Davis, Berrios (but I won’t argue with Moore getting the call)

TE: Usomah

RB: Bam (giving the injury to MC and Hall)

The only issue I have is not trying a QB sneak on 3rd down. 

10 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Berrios is none of those. He is fast and hard to tackle in open space. He isn't a guy that will create space in a crowded EZ and he certainly isn't  going to out muscle  anyone

Except he created the space, just couldn't catch the ball

• Upvote 1