Which Inactive Player Should Play Next Week?

Which Inactive Player Should Play Next Week  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which Inactive Player Should Play Next Week?

• QB Zach Wilson
    • TE Jeremy Ruckert
    • S Ashtyn Davis
    • WR Jeff Smith
    • RB Michael Carter
    • CB Bryce Hall
    • DL Bradlee Anae
    • WR Tarik Black
    • WR Irvin Charles
    • OL Laurent Duvernay Tardif
    • LB Marcell Harris
    • CB Craig James
    • DL Jonathan Marshall
    • S Jared Maydon
    • CB Jimmy Moreland
    • S Kai Nacua
    • OL Adam Pankey
    • DL Tanzel Smart
    • QB Chris Streveler
    • LB Chazz Suratt OR RB Jonathan Ward

1 hour ago, genot said:

Lol. That question was so easy for me, everybody else too. Ruckert of course. TE has been a weak spot, all year. Conklin has flashed a few games. Not nearly enough, not to look elsewhere for TE production

Agreed.  Came here to say the same thing.  Conklin is here to catch passes and he just hasn't been reliable enough to warrant consistent playing time.  The amount of drops for a "pass-catching TE" is definitely frustrating as hell.  I get that Ruckert is more in the mold of a Uzomah type, a run blocker who can make a catch when he has to, but IMO that still provides more value than what Conklin has brought to the table.

Plus Ruckert at 6'5 could be a nice little under the radar red-zone target.  This class has been so freaking good across the board, why not see what this kid can do?  It's clear now that a receiving TE will be a need in the offseason.  I'm on board with trying to see what we have in this kid before we get to that point.  

10 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Agreed.  Came here to say the same thing.  Conklin is here to catch passes and he just hasn't been reliable enough to warrant consistent playing time.  The amount of drops for a "pass-catching TE" is definitely frustrating as hell.  I get that Ruckert is more in the mold of a Uzomah type, a run blocker who can make a catch when he has to, but IMO that still provides more value than what Conklin has brought to the table.

Plus Ruckert at 6'5 could be a nice little under the radar red-zone target.  This class has been so freaking good across the board, why not see what this kid can do?  It's clear now that a receiving TE will be a need in the offseason.  I'm on board with trying to see what we have in this kid before we get to that point.  

Tight ends weren't a big part of Ohio Stayes offense. My guess is he's been a little slow picking up this style of NFL offense. A little gun shy putting him in there. At least not yet.