Baker Mayfield released (Merged)

Rhg1084

29 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He just looks completely broken.

Showed so much promise as a rookie but whether it's physical or mental issues he's just not the same player.

I watched him some with the Panthers and he looked as bad anyone in the league. Who would have believed 18 months ago that Sam would be the better QB at this stage?

The first game he played, he came in the 2nd half against Todd Bowles defense - he looked unstoppable. Baker needs to go Rocky 3 and find the Eye of the Tiger.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, genot said:

Sorry for the thumbs down Warfish. Like your posts. I'll delete it after my 2nd shot of Jim Beam.

No stress my friend, my take could be 100% wrong on this one TBQH.

Might I suggest shots of Four Roses Small Batch instead?  Or perhaps Whistle Pig 10 year old!

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I wouldn't sleep on the Rams signing him - They don't have a 1st round pick to tank for and I think they'd do it if for no other reason than to spite the 49ers.

No one wants Baker, he’s been exposed and he’s a headcase problem child who thinks he’s still in the big 12 with wide open receivers all day which is why the panthers were forced to cut him 

56 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He just looks completely broken.

Showed so much promise as a rookie but whether it's physical or mental issues he's just not the same player.

I watched him some with the Panthers and he looked as bad anyone in the league. Who would have believed 18 months ago that Sam would be the better QB at this stage?

Me.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

All mistakes

1573241621654.jpeg

Eh, they're not all gonna be 2020 where everyone hits.  Still, 2 elites is pretty good.  Book still out on a few.  Definitely a better class than many other drafts I've seen.  

Just look at the crops from like 2016(Goff 1, Wentz 2); 2015(Winston 1, Mariota 2); 2014(Bortles 3, Gilbert 8, Manziel 22); etc

But yeah, Rosen was god awful.  

Guess Baker never shoulda given out that 4 digit access code to the stadium. Deshawn'd still be lurking out in the parking lot trying to tailgate someone ?

No, but seriously. Let me finish the thread title: 

Baker Mayfield Released....a football that sailed harmlessly over the head of his intended receiver ? ?

I love that emoji! ? ? ?

9 minutes ago, sciond said:

they are keeping Sam over him is all you need to know....

Panthers are on the hook for Darnold’s salary whether he’s on the team or not. No one would pick him up for the balance of the $18.5M he’s due. Mayfield made the foolish decision to take a $3.5M pay cut to facilitate a trade that managed to make him look even worse. There’s a decent chance someone claims him along with the rest of his guaranteed salary, only because it’s relatively low. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

No, he isn't.  The Panthers are that dysfunctional.  And I think Baker has been playing at less than 100% for a while now.  

I'd be perfectly happy signing him (for short money) as a depth QB for 2023.  He's better than Streveler, and (IMO at least) better than Zach Wilson and Flacco.  And probably better than White (TBD).

Keep grabbing QB's till you find the right one.  When you can't seem to draft the Man, you have to find other ways to find the Man.

Hmmm I wanted Baker drafted in the beginning but he has shown himself to be “me” guy first and the exact opposite of the ethos of the Jets current team.  Be Ego guy, whose current talent doesn’t justify the attitude…

Just say No and hug Mike White for awhile.